Toribash
I Loved "5 days a stranger" and "7 days a skeptic", but it looks like "Trilby's Notes" will turn all that into shit.

It just isn´t a point n' click anymore (which is one of the main reasons I played the game in the first place).
Also, that thing of having to write every action that you make pissed me off. I had to read some walkthroughs just because I didn´t know what a plier was.
Last edited by fcpavao; Apr 21, 2010 at 08:30 PM.
This sig lacks creativity.

True Story.
Trilby's note control system was fine, typing out your controls is older than point and click, it amuses me when people think that keyboard control is inferior for a retro game because it abandons the old ways of the mouse, when mouse control is later than keyboard.

Plus it's absolutly fine, I never found a point where I had no idea what to type, and if you just want the story (which is worth it, trilby's notes has the best graphical style and story of all of these) then you can watch deceasedcrab's lets play of the whole thing. (The link will take you to the play list)
I'm not saying I dislike the typing because it wasn't as old school. That's a retarded reason to have a preference. I disliked the control scheme because IT WAS A PAIN IN THE FUCKING ASS.
And I did end up just watching a let's play video, but that was also due to the buggy coloration going on.

In the end though, you wonder what the point of this whole thing was?
Who cares about promotions?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Ownzilas> Alright
<Ownzilas> 3'2 then
<Ownzilas> Half PID's dick.

Originally Posted by PlayerID666 View Post
I disliked the control scheme because IT WAS A PAIN IN THE FUCKING ASS.

qft.
This sig lacks creativity.

True Story.
I never accused you of that, I was just talking about it, whatever pID...

anyway as I said if you don't like the controls but love the series and want to play 6 days, it's best to watch an LP, I happen to like DC's best and despite this, yes being a promotion, it's more of a helpful gesture.

personally I share suo's viewpoint that the clear fail point of the series is 6 days, which has horrible, horrible plot points (the following is spoiler hidden) C'mon, the whole sex scene and trilby clones, really, clones? fail flail.

Anyway, me and suo always end up trying to rewrite 6 days, what do you guys think should have been in it's place? any ideas?
At the very least, a valid explanation for all the effort that went into replacing one competent, arrogant dude with another dude who is totally insignificant in every way.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Ownzilas> Alright
<Ownzilas> 3'2 then

No explanation needed. Spoiler: Chzo planned it.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Obviously.
Why?
It serves no apparent purpose.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Ownzilas> Alright
<Ownzilas> 3'2 then

I could come up with a very contrived explanation with 6 Days, I could quote Bellisarius Maxim, or I could come up with my own version.

I'll recommend the second.

However, my answer to the first is:
Trilby lost the right to be the New Prince when he failed to bring the Bridge to its destiny, and failed to fulfill his role as Gatekeeper. The Arrogant Man failed to realize this, and the King furthered his deception of the first failure of a Bridge by maintaining his interest on the Gatekeeper. Furthermore, the Bridge's inability to face off against the Gatekeeper meant that the Gatekeeper was an important part in controlling in the Bridge. The Arrogant Man realized this and attempted to defeat the Gatekeepers to prevent the completion of the Bridge, and thus his replacement by the Gatekeeper. However, the Arrogant Man's attempts were anticipated by the King, who arranged for the New Prince to undergo the Blessed Agonies in part due to nothing more than the actions of the Arrogant Man.

Hrmm...

Makes perfect sense. Although it was justified post-action.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
But why the fuck did Chzo want to go through all that crap to replace a Prince who had started out as a competent mage-y person with some totally worthless everyman?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Ownzilas> Alright
<Ownzilas> 3'2 then