Toribash
Original Post
Microsoft Framework
My computer has low disk space and is being a real fag. I'm trying to free disc space, so I had a look in add/remove programs. There are like, 5 of these Microsoft Framework things that I have the urge to delete, because they're so big. I don't want to delete them and have my computer crash, so here I am. All help appreciated.
There's usually more places to look for huge, useless files then just the add/remove programs menu. Especially if you're using Windows XP. I'll give some examples if you are later, cba to find where Dr. Watson's log files are at 7am.
If I was you I would not delete anything like that. Although it may not immediately screw your computer, chances are sometime in the future, something will happen and then you'll be screwed.
VERY IMPORTANT: THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE. IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME THEN PM ONAMIST.
dont delete those

most applications (recent ones) need those to run. specifically microsoft products. Office, comes to mind

if you want to free up disk space, find these files

*.tmp, *.log, and a hell of a lot of 0kb files

yes... 0 kb files. they take up some space too. you could also disable system restore if you're not one of those that regularly revert to previous system states