ES Recruitment Drive
because, you give in to the hype too much

Vista wasnt a complete flop. It was a huge stepping stone to what 7 achieved. No release is ever a massive failure cause what problems arose from the release ultimately helps the next version.

Vista was a big milestone leading up to 7, namely aero and compositing, unified device drivers and a better file manager. All of them are in 7.

I don't know why people are baggin on vista. If you take a look at linux (specifically gnome) there are MORE bugs in it every release (6 months) and more patches to download than windows.
Definitely get Windows 7. I'm yet to have any kind of problem (I got it on the day it came out) and it runs beautifully. Yes it is expensive but worth the cost.
VERY IMPORTANT: THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE. IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME THEN PM ONAMIST.
To help with Vista: I've had it for almost 3 years, and only had one BSOD. Most of the freezes and uncalled shutdowns in Windows is the user doing something stupid, anyways.

And for 7: I had the Beta(Although I got the RC, but never installed it because I only have two sufficient hard drives, which I'm currently using and pack with 100+ GB of data), and it was AMAZING. Now, it's really really hard to upgrade from XP to 7, but I'd say it's totally worth it.

HOWEVER. You should wait until next year, maybe, or SP1, to be sure you will have minimal trouble since you said XP is working fine for you.

And read the system requirements... that's what people forgot to do with Vista, and look what happened to them.
i liek turtelz xd
If I were you I would wait until service pack 1 to be released. I have only heard good things so far, and for gods sake, mac will bag on windows even if windows is better than mac.
Sadly, yes. And poor Microsoft is barely even running any adds against Mac...

There are 3 reasons I hate macs: First is the users, raping Windows even though most of them have barely used it. Second is the HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE price. Third is their damn attack ads(Which is also why I'm never going to vote)
i liek turtelz xd
dude, where my linux attack ads at?

Apple have been at it using attack ads+propaganda ever since that 1984 video. Sadly, attack ads work whether you are running for public office or selling computers. Microsoft could play nice, but that would be just fodder for mac ads, making them more edgy.
Mojave is vista, isn't it?

and yeah, it's out, and if you go to college you can get it for only 29.99.
◕ ◡ ◕ [VIP]
I´ve used windows 7 for a while now and I have not encountered (spelling?) any kind of bugs. I am really happy with windows 7 so far atleast.
When I am sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead!
30$ in college? My bro gets unlimited free (LEGAL) keys for it. It might be because of him having a really good grade in his Cisco/networking class, but who cares.
i have access to vlks fol XP and the server editions of windows, declined for Vista though =)