Ranking
Originally Posted by Slymash View Post
my anxiety is severely overwhelming. like, im liable to pass out when near large crowds of people.
i fell lucky i havent yet.

Wouldn't be a bad conversation starter if you passed out though.

Then you could totally play the sympathy card with the females...
My seniority means you should probably just agree with everything I say
Originally Posted by Majklman View Post
I had my years of that, bro. Don't worry about it, there's always something that can help. This may sound ridiculous, but I cured my anxiety by heading into my local ravines all day, just exploring nature. I would build fires, make s'mores, and sometimes bring a friend or family member along. It really boosted my bravery and confidence, for some reason. It's very relaxing out there in the wilderness. I live near Lake Michigan, so I would always hear the waves when I camped out in my woods or such. If you need to talk some more, you can always talk to me.

thanks, but, that doesnt help all that much wjere i live. the only place tjat is anywhere near the description of wilderness is a little creek like 1/2 a block down the road, and its surrounded by houses, and im pretty sure theres homeless people living there.

i need motivation to just talk to others.
i hate this
my ears are full of shrek
Throw your computer out the window along with any other electronics that you use instead of going out and socializing. profit.

Also just don't care what they think. Chances are you're more critical on yourself than everyone in the room put together.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
commpletely agree with you. I hate anxietyyy
hampa Moderated Message:
nevermind

also, it's effing glOw.
I'm only anxious around multiple girls who I like, so I don't have the same problem, but still.
-----
you could try being in an area where you can leave in 2 seconds, talk, when you get nervous, just make an excuse to leave for a bit
Last edited by Zayex; Apr 9, 2011 at 10:54 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma
Originally Posted by Slymash View Post
i need motivation to just talk to others.
i hate this

You do know that the only way to get good at drawing, is to draw. The only way you can get over your anxiety is if you talk to people; you're really going to have to will yourself to speak. But the sooner you do it, the sooner you'll be talking to people.

Also, I'd guess your worries are just a projection of how you would judge others and/or yourself.

Originally Posted by isaac View Post
Throw your computer out the window along with any other electronics that you use instead of going out and socializing.

This.
Try it, then post here again telling the introweb how it went.
My seniority means you should probably just agree with everything I say
Buy some Vibram fivefinger shoes. Not only are they healthier than normal shoes, they're a great conversation starter and will require you speaking to people more often. Also since they're the ones asking usually the same things about the shoes, where did you get them, why are you wearing them, are they comfy, etc? You probably won't feel anxiety since you know what you're expected to say and chances of mess up are slim.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
It happens you know part of growing up.Im going through it too cuz of my crush (cant act myself around her).What you should do is get some of your friends together (does not need to be a lot just two or three) and go somewhere together.Once again its part of growing up just relax and start with a friend slowly building up to bigger groups.You can also try and join a club.
Say: Eye Spell: Map Say Ness :3
Just be your self Do what you think is right not What people Think about you