ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Computer Virus
Back at it again with another computer adware virus. It's pretty normal except for the fact that I can't get rid of it. It constantly redirects me to other pages that attempt to give my computer more viruses on every one of my tabs and it's reoccurring even when Malwarebytes has "detected" it and quarantine. It seems to slowly get worse and worse. Anyone have any tips on how to get rid of this?
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15
You could try to disconnect your computer from the internet and then use the anti virus programm.
If I'm going to disconnect from the internet, I might as well use safe mode as well. I'll try it in a little bit and see if it works.
First thing you do is unplug your internet and go to safe mode always, then you remove all unneeded programs from your startup, run a virus scan and reset your browser settings in all your browser's, or you can take the easy road and just reinstall windows. One thing that might be the case with browser hijackers is that they add a line of code in your browser launcher properties that makes your browser launch on a certain site even if it's not in the browser settings. Just right click your browser and go to properties and remove the website at the end of the launch code
Last edited by Ezeth; May 10, 2016 at 01:41 AM.
Have you tried Hitman Pro? It usually seals the deal for me for finding malware/adware and rootkits.
Originally Posted by Ezeth View Post
First thing you do is unplug your internet and go to safe mode always, then you remove all unneeded programs from your startup, run a virus scan and reset your browser settings in all your browser's, or you can take the easy road and just reinstall windows. One thing that might be the case with browser hijackers is that they add a line of code in your browser launcher properties that makes your browser launch on a certain site even if it's not in the browser settings. Just right click your browser and go to properties and remove the website at the end of the launch code

I can't seem to find the code for my browser. Care to give me a more detailed way to find it.
Originally Posted by Kyoju27 View Post
Have you tried Hitman Pro? It usually seals the deal for me for finding malware/adware and rootkits.

I might if I don't have to buy it. I'll look it up.
Originally Posted by yoshiman60 View Post
what browser are you using?

Google Chrome.
Originally Posted by qukslice View Post
I can't seem to find the code for my browser. Care to give me a more detailed way to find it.

Right click on the shortcut and go to Properties. In the "Target:" bar, there might be a web address at the end or something, if there is, remove it. (I'm assuming this is what Ezeth is referring to

Answer to everything

OK seriously now, install adblocker and if its the same website the Virus brings you too just add it to "Websites to block".

I use Avira Browser Safety and Avast Browser Safety. I know 2 arent needed but I just feel more safe with this. Even if I am on those, "adult-video-websites ;))" It doesnt bring me to any other page if I accidentally click on any adv. Just try those 2 out and check your settings if you're somehow able to block website-popups.
I won Clan League 2016 #DidntEvenTry
Back at it again