Toribash
Original Post
Cold
I told Cold I'd make a video featuring only his one replay.

Song: Cold by Post Malone
Replay by Cold
Program Used: After Effects

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Potential, but work on Velo. What do you use to change the speed. Because the way things stop and go, stop and go, without any ramping (gradual climb or decent) should be worked on.

From looking at ur other videos, your use of effects and transitions are decent enough. But what throws me off the beat is the too quick changing of speeds
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
Originally Posted by matarika View Post
Because the way things stop and go, stop and go, without any ramping (gradual climb or decent) should be worked on.

You are wrong.

There is only one clip in this video where the speed isn’t constant. All keyframes in that 3 second clip have been edited in the graph editor to be fast slow fast in order to actually sync up with the beat. Unless ofc it’s the first part of the clip then it’s normally slow slow fast.

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
actually i agree with makarita here

what hes trying to say is that there really isnt any impact being made if that makes sense

i think its the camera movement thats your downfall with the replay at 0:05. speeding up the velocity abruptly kinda ruins the clarity of what even happens in the replay

0:07 you couldve put a lot more work into this

0:07

the effect doesn't line up with the tori at the beginning of the clip and also the velocity of the clip coming into frame doesnt feel right.

follow through and drag

this may feel like "oh this applies to animation though and not toribash editing or velocity at all" but the concept will help a lot to help these things look more natural.

at 0:07 try and let the clip zoom in past what you want it to end up as, and then ease back into what size its supposed to be. itll create an impact and look more like the effect youre going for
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tsu tsu cuckoo
Originally Posted by Tsuion View Post
i think its the camera movement thats your downfall with the replay at 0:05. speeding up the velocity abruptly kinda ruins the clarity of what even happens in the replay

Yeah that's cause the replay is bad @Cold

0:07 you couldve put a lot more work into this

This video sat in my AE comp for many days because I didn't like the end effect but I told cold I'd upload it if he VIPed me in a server

0:07

Yeah I'm aware of that but unless you pause the video it's not noticeable, I fucked up the order of operations when making the video so I would need to completely redo the effect to fix that and I already didn't like the effect that much.

Thanks Mr. Tsuion

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Originally Posted by Divine View Post
You are wrong.
..all keyframes in that 3 second clip have been edited in the graph editor to be fast slow fast in order to actually sync up with the beat...

I'm not saying you're not syncing. Or that you shouldn't be going fast and slow.

It's because you have 0 <- Speed ramping. Is why it doesn't look smooth.

There is a way to edit speed so it shoots up and down from speeds in smooth, gradual way. Rather jumping up and down.

It's like the difference between a dissolve transition and a jump cut transition.

They can be just as fast. and Synced. But one is jarring and will take the viewer out of the video (jump cut), and a dissolve transition will very smoothly carry over.

Take this recent video i made for example.

Includes examples of both speed ramping and none.

0:09 - 0:16 = No speed ramping (similar to yours)

0:27 + = Speed Ramping

(In addition your speed changes are INSANELY too quick. Going from like
100 speed to like 500-600 in a few seconds is a bad idea.)
Last edited by matarika; Jun 15, 2019 at 01:19 AM.
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
Originally Posted by matarika View Post
It's because you have 0 <- Speed ramping. Is why it doesn't look smooth.

Bruh.

I'm not trying to be difficult but holy heck. Just for you I have taken a screenshot of the one clip that doesn't have a constant speed.

Here's how I edited the velocity in the graph editor:

I'm all for 'you could do it this way' or 'I think if you edited the velocity so it way more like this' stuff but this 'You haven't edited the velocity' stuff when I did and already told you I did isn't helpful.
Last edited by Divine; Jun 17, 2019 at 11:44 AM.

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Well then with that said, the issue is that it jumps up way too quickly. Because the jump in speed happens s0 fast, that to the eye it looks like you never even did a graph editor/speed ramp.