Toribash
Original Post
Co-Operater idea
Hey guys.
My idea is pretty straight forward from the title.
We all know the feeling, when Co-Op's deop you in your own server or try to
steal your house, or even change the owner pass on you.
Its annoying, and you have to waste time finding GM's or arguing with other
Op's trying to get back your own server.
Thats why i think its a good idea to add a command (like maybe /coop?) that
will allow you to Op other user's, while not having the thought that they can
steal your sever.
The /coop command will be just like the regular op except it takes away there
ability to use commands like /house, /setowner, and /deop Which will keep you
in charge, and your Co-Host as Co-Hosts
Let me know what you think.
Last edited by Xerxies; Jul 3, 2015 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Zerk-see's see's Error
Its Pronounced Zerk-See's ┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐
You do know Opping others is more better than rather having an Co-Operator?

Opping another player or friend is like your co-operator

Also "/setowner" is much more better rather than making a player or friend co-operator

Sometimes co-operators can rage or something so this is like literally bad for our community and gameplay, Why? Because it takes almost all the commands of an operator and you just removed like 3 commands

Unsupported-ed
This suggestion is a bit of a waste, why would you op people you don't 100% trust? I really don't see the point of this but, then again i've only been deop'd on my own server about 3 times. And what do you mean by arguing with a gm? It's very very easy to just go to the irc and ask for assistance as I have on multiple occasions.
The Future is Bulletproof
"How r people still in jail? Just make alts lol" -Wizard
You could just change the way userpasss work instead of being able to just straight up change the owner pass if your op, you could just have to put in the recent owner pass as conformation in order to overrite the pass for everyone op or not. Or idk you could just NOT give away the owner pass. The old system seems that it is in place mostly for GMs (who are always opted) to be able to change the owner pass with ease. GMs could just put in a mastercode (a code that unlocks and overrides ownerpasses and password protected servers) if they need to.
Last edited by Fates; Jul 3, 2015 at 06:47 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
I prefer the idea of changing the ownerpass differently

i.e /setowner <oldpass> <newpass>
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
I prefer the idea of changing the ownerpass differently

i.e /setowner <oldpass> <newpass>

That's probably better than co-host. No need to add more functions.
Bringer of Hell
Or maybe instead of all this there could be a comand like /setpermahost
(name) And this function could be like the perma host cant be deopped unless he deops himself. This could be a function for the creator of the room. And the creator can set someone else as a permahost. Just a suggestion.
Matarika>MOOOOOOVE OVER Megan Fox
Matarika> TIME TO TURN UPTON
I see no reason to not have coops. It's like Half-Op in an IRC channel. It's not adding any feature that will break the game. I support the idea of having to enter the previous owner pass to set a new one, as well.
Originally Posted by MisterTech View Post
Or maybe instead of all this there could be a comand like /setpermahost
(name) And this function could be like the perma host cant be deopped unless he deops himself. This could be a function for the creator of the room. And the creator can set someone else as a permahost. Just a suggestion.

That's like /setowner.
Bringer of Hell