Ranking
Original Post
Viewing clan history
Uh, hey.

So, I have been in many clans, I have owned and ran a clan. And the amount of people just leave and clan hop, is utterly annoying and ridiculous.

There should, nay, HAS, NEEDS to be punishment for this. I'm not talking about banning or anything of that nature, but I'm not apposed to it if it is needed.

All I am asking is if a player joins a clan, then leaves it, I mean for any reason, they need to have a c"clan-joining-timeout". And at a minimum, it should be a month.

I have had just random members, recruiters and even a co-leader just leave and join many other clans with no punishment at all. People shouldn't just leave without a good reason, but I do understand no one can make them tell a leader they are leaving or even keep them from leaving, but we should try to clean up the clan community by punishing them with a time out.

Future punishment could be a ban from joining clans if they continue to try it.

This isn't a request, this is a must. It's actually annoying.

Any questions, ask. Want more information, PM me.

Thanks.

UPDATE!!!

We have somewhat changed the idea of punishment for leaving clans into a system where Clan Leaders/ Owners are able to keep from inviting Clan Hoppers to their clan by developing a system that allows people to see the clans players have joined, and the duration they were in said clan. This idea was suggested by @sir.

ALSO, @Fee suggested we could create some sort of reward system that the leaders/ owners of the clans can give to players who remain loyal to the clan they are in.

PLEASE, let's focus on developing these points, RATHER THAN attacking me as a clan leader or owner.

My past points before this update have been retracted, hints the link through the text. Any quoting of this text with lines through it from this point forward will be ignored by me.

Thank you!
Last edited by zurka; Oct 11, 2017 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Title Change
~Zurka~
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
Again, there's no reason to do any of the stuff you suggest other than to protect clan hoppers.

And yes, you're prioritising the interests of the clan hopper subsection over the interests of anti clan hoppers. Don't try and act like you're looking at the broader community picture when your solution only serves to protect the interests of the clan hopper section of our community.

...because the suggestion itself can be an useful tool without the community being able to dig into every community member's past on a whim. I can't tell if you're arguing with the sole intent of being purposefully negligent of that or not.

Originally Posted by Ele
Also, you should count to 10 before posting. That last bit was super cringey, and it makes you sound like some redfaced angry child that can't deal with opposing opinions. Not a good look.

hahaha yeah that's cool

Originally Posted by Ele
Why would you care if anyone looked at your clan history if you weren't a clan hopper? You wouldn't.

Likely an incorrect assumption.

Originally Posted by Ele
The 'privacy' line is so overblown (this isn't NSA tapping your phones), but aside from that, the suggested opt-in idea doesn't do anything to deter clan hopping. They'd way better off doing nothing instead, cus at least that way you don't waste resources making something pointless and ineffectual.

...but it'd still be a useful tool with the opt-in/opt-out option. My solution to the problem allows for users to selectively show their clan history to the public and allows them to opt-out if the ever feel the need to. If a clan leader wants to see a full documentation of a person's clan history, all they have to do is:
Originally Posted by haha i'm quoting it again
Proposed fix for clan leaders: make it mandatory for your applicants to show you their clan history with their application if you feel so strongly about seeing their clan history. If they don't, deny their application into your clan. Simple.

Originally Posted by Ele
My point is that if you're gonna make a solution, make an actual solution. This solution doesn't solve the problem OP brought forth - It's ineffectual. Taking that a step further, I also don't see 'the problem' that this opt-in 'solution' would be solving (in fact, it would cause a problem of wasted resources). I'm not here arguing for bad (or pointless) ideas, I'm here to argue against them.

and:
  • this is an actual solution.
  • it may not be as invasive as the original suggestion, but it allows for clan leaders to get access to a person's clan history by literally requesting that they opt-in.

again, think of the community as a whole: there are people (regardless of whether or not they're a clan hopper) who are going to want their privacy, and implementing this suggestion without an opt-out service is neglecting that fact.
Ok, here's my suggestion:

• All the recent clan activities are always public (up to 3-6 months).
  • For clans you've been to earlier, there's a choice to keep it private.
  • If you're in a clan, your clan leader(s) can always see your whole clan history.
  • Clan Squad, Clan Managers, Admins and above can always see any member's complete clan history.

How does that sound?
Sounds promising, hopefully this is the final idea and no one argues about it

Professional Graphic Designer
Former [Crooks]
Leader | [TA] Member | Ex-[Latin] member
[Mexican] Player |Fan Club
Originally Posted by sir View Post

• If you're in a clan, your clan leader(s) can always see your whole clan history.
  • Clan Squad, Clan Managers, Admins and above can always see any member's complete clan history.

How does that sound?

ya, sounds fine to me. no objections here.
Might take some time before it's added, currently have other stuff that needs finishing but this will be on the to-do list.
I'd say it's likely to be added some time in mid-late November.
@sir thank you for the suggestion, everyone else who debated, thank you for bringing the idea to the community. Can wait to see this in action!
~Zurka~
Originally Posted by sir View Post

How does that sound?

It is intresting. Why all this work. You can google somebody clan activity if u rlly want.

But overall i like it. Usefull stuff
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals