Toribash
Original Post
Alot of pinging and "not connected"
Hello!
Ive been having this issue for a long time now.
I keep pinging alot and randomly "not connected" messages.
When spectating it often doesnt even take the first turn to this to happen.
The timer ends and the match doesnt go on. After 5min or so it either pings me or not connected me.

I just tested my internet and its giving me: 16Ping, 44.84
Mbps Download
so im guessing it should not be my internet connection

Edit: also we just figured when im "pinging" it takes like up to 10 min and the lobby is not moving on untill i ping.
It just stays freezed.
Last edited by Plus; Oct 2, 2017 at 12:25 PM.
Yes. Everything works. Like i said i have no issues with other games and any kind of internet issues.
I remember back in the day I had a similar case, I couldn't join any server and if I did join one I would ping after 5 mins.

It had to do with firewall blocking any toribash related connection, so you should check if you got firewall activated. I'm not sure if it will solve it for you but its worth a try.

Have a good day

Professional Graphic Designer
Former [Crooks]
Leader | [TA] Member | Ex-[Latin] member
[Mexican] Player |Fan Club
i see my firewall is allready accepting tb related stuff. Also Ive verifyed game data etc. Also stand alone doesnt work.
Are you on Wi-Fi by any chance? Toribash requires very stable connection so if you're on Wi-Fi that's your issue right there
im on WI-FI with a optical fibre and really stable connection. As i said i havent had any issues with other games and also i havent had any issues in the past in tb with this internet.
High internet speed doesn't necessarily mean that the connection is stable. The fact that you have no problem with other games is not very important, because most games don't make it apparent if you lose connectivity for one second, while in Toribash it can be enough to ping you out of the room.

It is almost certain that one of your hardware components is faulty or weak, whether that would be your router, laptop, or simply a little conflict between both. Resetting your router settings to default is always a good idea unless you got something special going on, also make sure there are no metal or large objects between your laptop and router (this could be very probable cause of your issue).

There is quite a simple way to tell if it's faulty Wi-Fi or is it any other issue. Plug your Laptop to router via ethernet cable, play Toribash for some time, and see if you ping or not. If you do ping with a cable then it's something different and I'm completely wrong, but if you don't ping, you will know that it's the Wi-Fi problem and you can look for sollutions from there.
Ill try that out. For the record i have a pc not laptop. It might also have something to do with my internet card. Ill try with the cable to see if thats the problem.