Ranking
Original Post
Viewing clan history
Uh, hey.

So, I have been in many clans, I have owned and ran a clan. And the amount of people just leave and clan hop, is utterly annoying and ridiculous.

There should, nay, HAS, NEEDS to be punishment for this. I'm not talking about banning or anything of that nature, but I'm not apposed to it if it is needed.

All I am asking is if a player joins a clan, then leaves it, I mean for any reason, they need to have a c"clan-joining-timeout". And at a minimum, it should be a month.

I have had just random members, recruiters and even a co-leader just leave and join many other clans with no punishment at all. People shouldn't just leave without a good reason, but I do understand no one can make them tell a leader they are leaving or even keep them from leaving, but we should try to clean up the clan community by punishing them with a time out.

Future punishment could be a ban from joining clans if they continue to try it.

This isn't a request, this is a must. It's actually annoying.

Any questions, ask. Want more information, PM me.

Thanks.

UPDATE!!!

We have somewhat changed the idea of punishment for leaving clans into a system where Clan Leaders/ Owners are able to keep from inviting Clan Hoppers to their clan by developing a system that allows people to see the clans players have joined, and the duration they were in said clan. This idea was suggested by @sir.

ALSO, @Fee suggested we could create some sort of reward system that the leaders/ owners of the clans can give to players who remain loyal to the clan they are in.

PLEASE, let's focus on developing these points, RATHER THAN attacking me as a clan leader or owner.

My past points before this update have been retracted, hints the link through the text. Any quoting of this text with lines through it from this point forward will be ignored by me.

Thank you!
Last edited by zurka; Oct 11, 2017 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Title Change
~Zurka~
This was mentioned in a similar topic, but clan hopping isn't against the rules, it's just frowned upon. Clans can always reject clan hoppers, and since there aren't any rules against clan hopping, it's not right to punish for it.
Then has anyone ever considered adding or reissuing a new rule statement? Or is that not a power any one has access to?
~Zurka~
We can add publicly visible clan history for each user that'd show all clans they've been in and for how long. Would that be enough to help the issue?
I see what you're saying, but your request is from personal frustration. There is no technical reasoning to this suggestion, it's just based on feelings.

Clan hopping as a concept is very subjective. To one, switching a clan each month might be very normal, yet someone else might see it as clan hopping.

Furthermore, you invite a "clan hopper" to your clan, not the other way around. The moment you invite someone to your clan, it becomes your responsibility, so in other words, no one invites themselves to a clan thus they can't get punished for leaving it.

Even furthermore, if a person doesn't enjoy the clan that he is in, it is always best for him to leave the clan. That freedom could be breached if you enrolled the rule that you suggest. People would be scared to join or to leave clans because they wouldn't want to get punished or have strings attached.

There are many more reasons why this is a bad idea and it would never work the way you want it to work.
I see your point, and it's valid.

But as i said, it would not be a harsh punishment. Just a time out. And it's not based on feelings, lol, ask 10 clan owners or leaders if they get frustrated if someone leaves their clan randomly, can almost guarantee more than half get pissy about it. And saying it is our fault for inviting Clan Hoppers to our clans is ridiculous. There isn't a fat label on the account that says "Hey, this guy joins and leaves a lot of clans, be warned".

With all do respect, there are TONS of games that issue the punishment i suggested, so if rules and any general documentation stating player given rights it edited, that is a developers choice, and it is not voiding or dismantling player rights. If as dev did not, however, state that they or a member of the staff can edit player rights and game rules at any time, that is a developers issue, and is understandable if rules cant be changed.

Again, this is just a suggestion. And not disrespect was meant to be given towards Smaguris in any way.

To Sir; that could help yes. Will make things easier for a leader to tell loyal members, from people who join clans because they "Have a cool name and clan tag". SO, I would not be against that option.

-----
To add, with the new clan update, if your clan is "Open", clan hoppers can join if they want. And even if the clan is "Invite Only", there is still no way to tell, as I said, unless we make something to help clan owners/ leaders, as sir said.
Last edited by zurka; Oct 9, 2017 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Added
~Zurka~
Originally Posted by sir View Post
We can add publicly visible clan history for each user that'd show all clans they've been in and for how long. Would that be enough to help the issue?

This would be great
[TLL]
Implement it
Originally Posted by sir View Post

Originally Posted by Kriegery View Post
This would be great

agreed, if they leave a clan they should leave a footprint/history of it to know date or time! just like the ban list it tells u when they could have joined the clan and when they left it implement it