Toribash
Original Post
Viewing clan history
Uh, hey.

So, I have been in many clans, I have owned and ran a clan. And the amount of people just leave and clan hop, is utterly annoying and ridiculous.

There should, nay, HAS, NEEDS to be punishment for this. I'm not talking about banning or anything of that nature, but I'm not apposed to it if it is needed.

All I am asking is if a player joins a clan, then leaves it, I mean for any reason, they need to have a c"clan-joining-timeout". And at a minimum, it should be a month.

I have had just random members, recruiters and even a co-leader just leave and join many other clans with no punishment at all. People shouldn't just leave without a good reason, but I do understand no one can make them tell a leader they are leaving or even keep them from leaving, but we should try to clean up the clan community by punishing them with a time out.

Future punishment could be a ban from joining clans if they continue to try it.

This isn't a request, this is a must. It's actually annoying.

Any questions, ask. Want more information, PM me.

Thanks.

UPDATE!!!

We have somewhat changed the idea of punishment for leaving clans into a system where Clan Leaders/ Owners are able to keep from inviting Clan Hoppers to their clan by developing a system that allows people to see the clans players have joined, and the duration they were in said clan. This idea was suggested by @sir.

ALSO, @Fee suggested we could create some sort of reward system that the leaders/ owners of the clans can give to players who remain loyal to the clan they are in.

PLEASE, let's focus on developing these points, RATHER THAN attacking me as a clan leader or owner.

My past points before this update have been retracted, hints the link through the text. Any quoting of this text with lines through it from this point forward will be ignored by me.

Thank you!
Last edited by zurka; Oct 11, 2017 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Title Change
~Zurka~
I dont agree with a punishment for leaving a clan, because what if you're in a dead clan and you leave to join another one thats more active and that you fit in with and you have to wait a month? I dont think it would be right for members in that situation. I do agree with sir's idea of a clan history though, that would solve some of the problems with clan hoppers.
bitchass
Originally Posted by sir View Post
We can add publicly visible clan history for each user that'd show all clans they've been in and for how long. Would that be enough to help the issue?

I'd be interested to see my history. This would also solve the problem stated in the op
Tree
@Flame - LOL, thanks for sharing your opinion.
@Kriegery - Glad you agree!
@Argxs - It would be a great way to monitor who we let in the clans, Sir's idea is great.
@Elite - Glad you agree!
@Kozmonaut - Maybe our clan mangers and other staff members who can monitor clan activity should state which clans are in a low activity state, much like the Player Clan History Monitor that Sir suggested, we should implement a Clan Activity Monitor. I understand there might already be something like this, but a more obvious and organized system can never hurt.
@Tree - Yes, I really hope Sir's idea happens.

Note: Though Sir's idea is great, and a great way for us to help. There will still be issues and people need to know this. The idea wont fix everything but it will totally help. People are going to call this whole thing stupid, but most people understand the frustration.

Let's work to get Sir's idea out there and working. And thank you @sir for the idea!
~Zurka~
If you are worried about player retention, reward players for staying loyal rather than punishing them for leaving clans. Maybe achievements for certain lengths within a clan, or even ST rewards might be appropriate - considering the fact that retention is crucial to ensuring good quality clans.
We can add publicly visible clan history for each user that'd show all clans they've been in and for how long. Would that be enough to help the issue?

So long as you could hide the information from your profile, sure.
-----
Originally Posted by zurka View Post
Uh, hey.

So, I have been in many clans, I have owned and ran a clan. And the amount of people just leave and clan hop, is utterly annoying and ridiculous.

There should, nay, HAS, NEEDS to be punishment for this. I'm not talking about banning or anything of that nature, but I'm not apposed to it if it is needed.

All I am asking is if a player joins a clan, then leaves it, I mean for any reason, they need to have a c"clan-joining-timeout". And at a minimum, it should be a month.

I have had just random members, recruiters and even a co-leader just leave and join many other clans with no punishment at all. People shouldn't just leave without a good reason, but I do understand no one can make them tell a leader they are leaving or even keep them from leaving, but we should try to clean up the clan community by punishing them with a time out.

Future punishment could be a ban from joining clans if they continue to try it.

This isn't a request, this is a must. It's actually annoying.

Any questions, ask. Want more information, PM me.

Thanks.

So you're suggesting that if I leave my clan for any reason, I can't even accept another clan invite...? For a month...? Leading to a clan ban?

If at nothing else it just seems like you're frustrated that your clanmates have moved on to something they just enjoy more - there shouldn't be a punishment behind leaving a clan. Find people who are actually interested in joining your clan rather than random people you find ingame. Successful clans are built off of tight-knit unity, not just random people you invite to your clan and appoint a position to.

That's a leadership flaw, not a system flaw.
Last edited by Creati0n; Oct 10, 2017 at 11:24 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
@Fee - I agree that could work as a counter option.

@Creat0n - Sorry, but I disagree. I do agree on the fact that it can be a leadership flaw in some circumstances, but not always. Again, this post originally was to form a discussion to develope either a punishment, a knowledge base for clan leaders/ owners as @sir suggested, OR what @Fee suggested, a reward system. Either or, not one person can say they are loving the way the clan system is working. I will retract my original statement of a punishment. If a punishment system were to be added, rather than staff clan banning people, the owner/ leader of the clan could issue a block on a person who has clan hopped or has a history of it. OR, they could just check the persons clan history using the system @sir made up, and just refuse to invite based on that. Just trying to find a better way of cleaning things up and keeping clans viable. Because in all honesty, the clan system is a joke in most ways. On other notes, saying I am just "inviting random people" is a shitty accusation. I ran tight applications, strict tryouts, and a trial period where if the player showed no signs of improvement, or were toxic, they got kicked, and if they were REALLY bad, they were what we called "Blacklisted". Unless you were in a clan of mine and actually had me as a leader, then you (and others, not just pointing at you) have not the right of claiming I have faulty leadership skills, so let us try to refrain from throwing that on the table here, and focus on developing something to help the Clan community. Thank you.
Last edited by zurka; Oct 11, 2017 at 03:29 AM.
~Zurka~
I wouldn't go further than allowing people to see other people's clan history. Clan hopping isn't some serious issue and isn't always regarded as absolutely heinous.

If you allow people to view the clan history of an applicant and have the clan decide on if they want them or not, it would be fine.
h
So long as you could hide the information from your profile, sure.

Any reasons to hide it? We already have public history of every transaction made by the account, is clan history a more private thing?
I dont see any reason to hide it.
If you make it hidable you might aswell just not have it at all.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Find the hidden shovel and uncover the secrets of my religion.
-snip-

10:17 PM <~Creati0n> GAS THE DUELERS
6:35 PM <&Fear> good job reta you are now the King Admin
6:35 PM <Typhon> Gj Reta god

Any reasons to hide it? We already have public history of every transaction made by the account, is clan history a more private thing?

In my opinion, yes. That said, it's an opinion, and there isn't exactly a negative to keeping it 100% public aside from user privacy.

The way I see it: transactions are kept open to the public as they are often referenced to and used for reporting scam cases - referencing someone's clan history like an open book provides no such use (aside from the point of a clan leader, but not as a moderator or someone filing an official report).

As a normal user I wouldn't want everyone knowing every single clan I've ever joined to and left. I'm sure there are others who may agree and others who may feel indifferent, but that's from the non-administrative standpoint of a user who likes his fair share of privacy from the general playerbase.