Ranking
Original Post
Too late for self-education?
I am 20 years old unemployeed male, kind of supporting my family to survive the crisis we are currently experiencing in greece.

We obviously planning to leave this country, and temporary or permamently live in a different country with balanced economy.

But before I do that, I want to go back to school to get some grades for i can get a job somewhere with a budget that will suit the house costings and budget.

Well however I have serveral problems, Im not educated well.
I want to tell you, that I lack of knowledge about history, geoggraphy, a bit of grammar and syntax. And my complete weakness is advanced math as algebra who obviously no jobs need maths like this.

I also watched a documentary about the human intelligence when they did mentioned that brain developement is best done before age 18. They also did a IQ test to all family members, then asked to play games like sudoku, crossword, etc and for the kids they asked something easy like a mathematics game.

The result is that the kids Develop their brains 30% faster than adults.
Sad thing is when I was young, I only payed attention to english classroom and watching cool stuff in chemistry.

What do you guys think?
Originally Posted by PlayerId57
I am 20 years old unemployeed male, kind of supporting my family to survive the crisis we are currently experiencing in greece.

We obviously planning to leave this country, and temporary or permamently live in a different country with balanced economy.

But before I do that, I want to go back to school to get some grades for i can get a job somewhere with a budget that will suit the house costings and budget.

Well however I have serveral problems, Im not educated well.
I want to tell you, that I lack of knowledge about history, geoggraphy, a bit of grammar and syntax. And my complete weakness is advanced math as algebra who obviously no jobs need maths like this.

I also watched a documentary about the human intelligence when they did mentioned that brain developement is best done before age 18. They also did a IQ test to all family members, then asked to play games like sudoku, crossword, etc and for the kids they asked something easy like a mathematics game.

The result is that the kids Develop their brains 30% faster than adults.
Sad thing is when I was young, I only payed attention to english classroom and watching cool stuff in chemistry.

What do you guys think?

I disagree with what you posted here because almost all jobs require math.

As for the rest: I just say study hard on the subjects you struggle and sooner or later you would have learned it.
Originally Posted by Eoc View Post
I disagree with what you posted here because almost all jobs require math.

As for the rest: I just say study hard on the subjects you struggle and sooner or later you would have learned it.

I did mentioned algebra not the basics of math.
ofcource all jobs need math, otherwise its just pointless of asking for a job
It seems like you're in trouble here.

You're taking the situation very mature. I suggest that you try a lot of tests on the internet, so you can see how good skills you have in the different things. Then train them.

Your grammar isn't bad, you're just making a few typos.

It's true that your brain doesn't evolve much after you hit 18. However, you can still widen your knowledge.

If you're not a shark at advanced math, then there are several jobs you can't take. Chemistry needs math too. Like doing graphs for observations to support theories.

I hope that you can get out of the country. Remember to do some research about a varient number of countries in range. Then you have a better idea of where to go.

If you have enough money then you could take afternoon studies and get extra help.

I really wish you the best of luck. If there is ANYTHING we can do to help you, please tell us. I'm sure that the Toribash Community will help you.
I sell TC and I give loans. PM me for info.
Need help with market? PM Ryan
<augans> youre my thiggist
<Muze> Id like to say, I don't apologize, I'm a tough guy in irl and I will be a tough guy in a video game. Ok that's it.

Originally Posted by PlayerID57 View Post
I did mentioned algebra not the basics of math.
ofcource all jobs need math, otherwise its just pointless of asking for a job

Algerbra is the main kind of mathmatics most jobs use.
Originally Posted by Eoc View Post
Algerbra is the main kind of mathmatics most jobs use.

Yup, the only math your really not going to use is geometry. There's hardly anything in there worth while.
With that said, most jobs will still require it, and it's still used when learning other math subjects.
For most jobs you just need to know and understand basic math. The complicated high school math really isn't going to help you in most cases. (Depends on what job you want)

Improve what you already know, and when the time is right find a job that applies to who you are and what interests you. For the majority of jobs you learn as you go. The essential skills that will help you get through your days will be taught to you. Over time you will know how to use and apply that knowledge.
Experience is more important than education, but education still kinda does something.

As far as a good non technical job, if you think you can do sales, be a sales person? The problem is, you probably can't sell anything too complicated, but still.
Don't be worried PID, a child may learn 30% faster, but an adult has far more experience and dedication (very few children will even try to learn during school, as you said).

If you want to learn then there is plenty of online and offline opportunities for you to learn, so go for it, you will probably be surprised at your progress.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."