so guys we need character descriptions
for conquest. heres the team, a * means i havent gotten your character yet

*hampa
*slith
*werd
*ishi
*smilies2 (nuthug left)

From Jok:

Name: (This is your in-character name. No, it can't be 'omgwtfhaxx0r1337'. A NORMAL name is required. Pseudonyms are fine. No last name is fine.)

Description: (Minimum 200 words. This will be the description I will be using to role-play your character, at any time he does anything. Be as detailed as possible. This includes mental attitude and physical appearance. )

->http://forum.toribash.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=92
good example according to Jok
Last edited by gr3yh47; Mar 3, 2009 at 01:52 AM.
MANtrain: I would assume you'd have the good sense not to puke on your own stuff. Of course...people drown in their own puke, so maybe not. Rock on gr3y
Name: GreyCat

Description: I remember nothing before my first fight....
Suddenly awaken, standing across from an opponent, I did the only thing I could do... I fought. And won.
Since then I can remember only fighting. I kept fighting, and kept winning. I soon discovered I was very powerful... but still... why?
I continued fighting for years, and met many opponents, though few of them presented a challenge. Yet one day I found an incredible opponent...
His finesse and grace, even his thoughts seemed to mirror mine. I realized with awe that I had met another of my kind... born to fight, and win. His name was borgpunx and I knew that to understand my talent I must ally with him. Every day we would spar, and discuss our skills. Why had we been blessed with these talents, these... perfect instincts? still we fought, improving our craft. few could fight us without being quickly overwhelmed...
We began to wonder if there were others that were... like us. Other elites that had this inner power that could not be stopped.

a journey began...

We searched all the land for those like us. In this process we felled many foes, were wounded by a few, but the search was difficult. We wanted to keep it quiet lest all the masses begin seeking our company

We gathered a few elite members, Still underground, only identified by than band we all wore on one arm.

I began to worry... would this organization work? many of our powerful members were hermits, rarely making the journey to public fighting places...
I was also concerned that, powerful though we were, the answers still weren't coming... I knew that at some point we would need to make ourselves public, so that others like us that we could not find directly might be able to find us.

But who would help us? Who was not only well-known, but also of the elite calibur to be a member?

I knew what I must do....

Under cover of darkness I slipped on my cloak and walked into the forest.
I arrived at the castle before dawn, staring up at its cold stone walls, knowing I would only have one chance to do this...

I snuck along the treeline until i spotted the small wooden door on the side entrance. I could tell just by looking at the two guards at the door that they were very strong. Before any trace of worry could set in I felt that familiar feeling... My blood raced, my muscles bulged, and My vision turned red.

Nothing but a blur, I raced from the trees. My strike was precise and brutal. The second guard turned to face me as the first fell to the ground, his blood staining the grass. The second guard's body quickly joined the first, his head rolling several feet before stopping against the hard stone wall of the castle. I opened the door and stepped into the pitch black of the abandoned passageway.

Without any other resistance I found the kings chambers. Two guards stood at his ornate golden doors, but they were more for show than anything; King Hampa was a very powerful member of the ancient and terrible order of MAD, though the whereabouts of the others in his order were unknown.

I felled the guards quickly and easily. I took a breath to prepare for what was about to happen, then threw open the heavy double doors into the King's chambers.

Speaking quickly, I managed to narrowly avoid a battle...

And thus King Hampa joined myself and the others in our quest.

Others joined us... each as powerful as the next, all unstoppable as individuals; as a group I knew we were invincible.

And then I saw it. It must have been fate that drew my eyes to the ragged, rarely used message board in a town I only traveled to to gather supplies once a month. I knew this conquest would be a great opportunity for my team.

I have beckoned, and we have assembled; and so it begins...

@ team members: this description is likely wayyyyyyy longer than yours need to be (though it can be as long as you want), i wanted to throw in a solid background for team sambo.
Last edited by gr3yh47; Feb 23, 2009 at 01:05 AM.
MANtrain: I would assume you'd have the good sense not to puke on your own stuff. Of course...people drown in their own puke, so maybe not. Rock on gr3y
Name: borgpunx

Borgpunx, an old wise man from Anaheim, California, while playing Nintendo, is sucked into another universe known as Videoland, along with his dog, Duke, to defeat the evil villainess, Mother Brain. Mother Brain is trying to conquer Videoland. Borgpunx has been brought to defeat her, as foretold in an Ancient Prophecy. With Nintendo Armor on, he is then given the title "Captain N: The Game Master". He and Duke join the N Team, which consists of Princess Lana (the Ruler of Videoland), Simon Belmont (the hero from Castlevania), Mega Man, Kid Icarus, and Gameboy (a giant supercomputer). The N Team goes up against the evil Mother Brain (the villain from Metroid) and her minions, King Hippo (Punch-Out), the Eggplant Wizard (Kid Icarus), and Dr. Wily (Mega Man). One day borgpunx got tired of listening to Kid Icarus's annoying voiceover, and left the team. He used his onboard GPS HUD, and decided to venture to the city of Toribash, where he later found a new ally, greyh47. The two ventured on to create the most awesome team that Videoland and Toribash has ever seen!
RAWR xTeam Sambo
Originally Posted by Jok
I only need to understand WHO your character is, WHY they're fighting, and HOW they look.

Okie dokie. I was listening to "Tom Of Bedlam" and decided to use it. you don't need to read the song or pm it to jok, i just put in in for a lark.

Name: Bosh
Sadie the barmaid straitened up from her scrubbing and took a look around the inn. It was quite late, and most of the patrons had left. She was almost done cleaning, and the smell of sweat, vomit, and flatulence had finally begun to fade from bar. As she bent back to her work, she caught the sounds of someone softly and raspily singing:

To break my bread in Bedlam, ten thousand years I'd travel.
Madly I go on dirty toes, to save my shoes from gravel.
I now repent that ever, Borgpunx was so distainéd.
My wits are lost since him I crossed, which makes me thus go chainéd
I went down to Satan's kitchen, to beg me food one morning
And there I got souls piping hot, all on the spit a-turning.
There I took up a cauldron, where boiled ten thousand harlots
Though full of flame I drank the same, to the health of all such varlets.
My staff has murdered giants, my bag a long knife carries
For to cut mince pies from children's thighs, with which to feed the fairies.
Spirits hot as lightning, shall on my travels guide me
The moon would quake and the stars would shake, when 'ere each one espied me.
It's when next I have murdered, the Man-In-The-Moon to powder
His staff I'll break, his heart I'll bake, they'll howl no demon louder.
I'll sleep not 'till the Conquest, 'till then I can't be halted.
The banshees cry while strong men die, upon the stone exalted.
So drink to Bosh of Bedlam, he'll fill the seas in barrels
I'll drink it all, all brewed with gall, with bad comp'ny I'll travel.

Being an employee in a tavern, Sadie had been around singing on many occasions, but something in the words and tone made her stop and glance up at the figure in the corner booth. It was at this point that she became aware of the odor, and then the presence, of Bosh. His entire face was eclipsed by a strange mask with concentric circles, alternating white and black, with a red dot at the center. The skin around the mask was chapped and raw, and judging by the smell, he hadn't removed it in a very long time. His head reminded her of a tree, trying to grow around a fencepost. The rest of his body was not in much better shape. Scrapes, bruises, cuts, and scars were much in evidence under his frayed garments. A half-empty mug was clutched in his large, blocky hands. She quietly put down her mop and walked over to Bell, who was busy rinsing glasses. "I thought we weren't admitting any more crazies!" she whispered furtively. "What?" Bell looked up, saw where Sadie was looking. "Oh, you mean Bosh. Yeah, he's an odd one. Actually, I talked to him earlier today. He seems quite harmless, as a matter of fact."
"You actually talked to him? He's batshit insane! Look at him! How can he even talk through that disgusting mask?"
Bell shrugged. "He can see and drink through it, too. I don't know how he manages. I asked him about that thing and he said it wasn't a mask, it was his face itself." She shrugged again. "Fighters. Always on some stupid guilt or vengeance trip or whatnot. He probably committed some atrocity and wears the mask as penitence. Something silly like that." Sadie paled. "He fights?" Bell gave her a look. "You got a look at him, right? He was in a scrap yesterday. I saw most of it. He doesn't fight all that well, but he seems to really enjoy it. And he never seemed to mind getting the ever-lovin’ snot kicked out of him. Still managed to do a number on his opponents, too." She saw that this was not having much calming effect on Sadie, and sighed. "Look, he said he wasn't going to stay very long. Something about embarking on some conquest or other. Now get back to your cleaning, girl, and get some good rest tonight; you're too high strung."
KingBosh disconnected. quit life
Ok so a note from jok: descriptions should include detailed physical descriptions as well as the general personality description....
Ima be writing mine up today methinks.... Or tomorrow.... Well.. soon... xD
This is the Emergency Alert System. All normal programming has been discontinued during this emergency.
Seems like it was a mistake to try and write a story. Just need a list of characteristics? Only one person is going to be doing any actual role-playing, it seems.
KingBosh disconnected. quit life
epic bosh, epic.

this could help with some of the RAWR members
Originally Posted by Dr_Strangelove View Post
Story:

The prophecy…
This came to the chosen one in a dream, before the war that shattered earth…

You will emerge from your fallen home,
but dismay not, you will never be alone.
You will tread on a road pure justice white;
your terrible rage will help you in the fight.
The demon will enter your core,
and help you smite the evil.
RAWR!

A few weeks later, the earth was attacked by an unspeakable evil, the human race fought back, with no success… Earth was defeated.

A few months later…

The few remaining survivors of the great slaughter finally emerged from the rubble, the ruins of a once glorious place.
This group consisted of the bravest, the strongest and the lucky. The more they saw, the more they were sickened by this atrocity. Charred, bullet ridden, unidentifiable corpses littered the ground. The anger spread through the warriors like a virus, an uncontrollable fire.

One man stepped forward from this group, a natural leader. He walked upon a path of the white bones of his fallen comrades. His rage was greater than that of the others, far greater. He muttered terrifying curses, evil things, vowing revenge. His rage rose to such a great level that he lost control of his mind, body and soul.

He collapsed to the ground…

A powerful wanderer came across the chosen one.
A demonic spirit…
Such unspeakable strength…

The chosen one fused with the spirit, which caused a huge explosion of qi.

The dust slowly cleared…
The chosen one was revealed, his features were distorted, and he wore a look of pure hatred and anger for his oppressors and enemies.

The chosen one, the leader of mankind, set out on his murderous quest for revenge, and with his new war cry, he fulfils the prophecy.

RAWR!

Our clan's aim is to rid the world of all evil, or something to that effect.

We are also probably better than you. Especially in Aikido and Sambo.

Last edited by BenDover; Mar 2, 2009 at 05:57 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
bump.

this is now urgent.

in 3 days i will write anyones stories who hasnt posted