ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Added Restrictions to a Banned Player.
As some of you my know; BoS is no more. With the removal of the Rule it became easier for staff to be able to handle the reports involving big time Scammers and Toxic individuals by lessening the amount of Report flooding. Although, with nothing to stop said individuals from making infinite alternate accounts, I am hard pressed to say that the change is 100% for the better.

My solution, instead of saying "BAN EVERY ACCOUNT THEY HAVE FOREVER" I would rather like to have a "New Account Restriction" added to banned users IPs. If a User is Banned for say, Texture Stealing, They are banned for the normal amount of time and their IP is added to the "Restriction List"

When the ban goes through it should, if possible, do the following;

-Add the Users Name and IP to the "Restriction List"
-Restrict the Banned accounts IP from making more than X amounts of Alts
-This Restriction should only last for as long as the ban is active
So if your ban is Permeant, when you are added to the list (for examples sake the restriction is 2 alts) you may only make 2 more alternate accounts.
-If your IP already has over the number of allowed Alts you are restricted from making any more.
-Once the ban is lifted your allowed alternate account number is restored back to infinite.

*this is still a work in progress and i would like people to come up with ways to improve this idea.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
Yes proxies exist but usually unless you really want try the system the normal banned user will not resort to that.
Remember it isn't an ip ban, its a restriction on the number of accounts a banned user can make. The reason people used proxies was because we were banning ALL of their accounts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
Originally Posted by Fates View Post
Yes proxies exist but usually unless you really want try the system the normal banned user will not resort to that.
Remember it isn't an ip ban, its a restriction on the number of accounts a banned user can make. The reason people used proxies was because we were banning ALL of their accounts.

How would it track the number of accounts a banned user can make if you have a proxy? And normal users can easily just Change their IP resulting in a way to get through the system I mean it's really easy you just go into cdm and type like 2 commands
Last edited by Pimp; Jan 27, 2016 at 05:51 PM.
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
Originally Posted by firebolty View Post
This is similar to the idea of IP bans, which isn't effective since proxies exist.

I never understood why proxies are allowed in the first place. I don't know if it's possible to know if a user uses a proxy or not, but 4chan detects and bans IP that tries to post through Tor.
It's because a few countries have TB banned, and players have to use proxies to bypass it.

It's a bit silly TBH.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by Fates View Post

I think anyone earning BoS would be aware of using a proxy to get through IP bans. If not that, adding this would push them even further to get around it.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up