ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Legal trading of any goods for TC.
I don't see why we can't trade goods that can be proven, like CS:Go skins, Minecraft items on popular servers, other shit the people might be interested in, for TC.

If there are genuine concerns about this, please reply here. I just feel like it's a useless barrier, someone might be interested in my csgo skins in exchange for TC, when I personally don't care about them, and I can easily prove I sent them and he could easily prove that I didn't.

Let me know!
The reson on why it is not allowed is not just there is no way for the staff to check on it, but basically it breach the term of service of those said games, the details you could read it here: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=91739

Also, the scam handling would be a hard case i would imagine. Not in the case when you give the tc but not didn't receive the said items. Toribash staff has no power to compensate when you lose the said item when you didn't receive the tc.
"0h no" -Trice
A.K.A Tricerafi || Thanks Papa Donut, bless you
Originally Posted by Nike View Post
The reson on why it is not allowed is not just there is no way for the staff to check on it, but basically it breach the term of service of those said games, the details you could read it here: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=91739

Also, the scam handling would be a hard case i would imagine. Not in the case when you give the tc but not didn't receive the said items. Toribash staff has no power to compensate when you lose the said item when you didn't receive the tc.

CS:Go isn't on that list, I understand there are games where this wouldn't be viable, but a huge portion of those are regarding account information. Why the shit can't I give someone 2000 coins on Hypixel for a couple thousand TC? I understand that it would be a hard case for the staff, so they could simply start making a list of games that you can trade things, like CS:GO skins, for TC. At least CS:Go anyway, that's a huge market. Maybe this should just be "legalizaiton of CS:GO skins for TC", lol.
Do it at your own risk (without blatantly advertising it on the forums), but don't expect staff to cover any losses.

It's unreasonable to expect these volunteers to monitor cross-game transactions.
Last edited by Ele; Nov 6, 2018 at 03:44 AM.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
Do it at your own risk (without blatantly advertising it on the forums), but don't expect staff to cover any losses.

It's unreasonable to expect these volunteers to monitor cross-game transactions.

That would be better. Is it actually not allowed, or is it just discouraged?
Originally Posted by Market rules
D) Promoting the trade of commodities unrelated to Toribash (aside from real currency) will result in infractions, and posts/threads being deleted (when applicable). Furthermore, you may not sell or trade your Toribash account under any circumstances.

It is illegal under this market rule clause.
"0h no" -Trice
A.K.A Tricerafi || Thanks Papa Donut, bless you
If you wanna do it then just be smart about it (don't use official channels to set up the deal), and be prepared to have your account infracted/banned if some litigious mod notices.

...Or we could all rally for the decriminalisation of cross-game trading (but not for staff to resolve scams)
Last edited by Ele; Nov 6, 2018 at 02:12 PM.
I don't speak on behalf of Nabi, so take this how you will.

For a lot of cases, it falls under a failure to comply with a ToS of 'x' game. They don't want you selling their currency/accounts/whatever it may be, to a different game. But the most reasonable answer is, we don't want to deal with it. Even if it was a case of "if we wanted to", how could we?

We don't want, rather, shouldn't have to babysit people that can not trade fairly and responsibly. People are shitheads and can't have the decency to do things rightfully and fair; getting scammed is essentially going to happen.

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

Originally Posted by ed View Post
I don't speak on behalf of Nabi, so take this how you will.

For a lot of cases, it falls under a failure to comply with a ToS of 'x' game. They don't want you selling their currency/accounts/whatever it may be, to a different game. But the most reasonable answer is, we don't want to deal with it. Even if it was a case of "if we wanted to", how could we?

We don't want, rather, shouldn't have to babysit people that can not trade fairly and responsibly. People are shitheads and can't have the decency to do things rightfully and fair; getting scammed is essentially going to happen.

I'm not proposing you babysit. I'm proposing you remove the rule and allow us to trade TC for other goods on our own accord.
Rule won't be removed due to a number of reasons:
- Deals that happen on forums are always supported (either fully or partially in case of TC sales). That won't be the case with other games or services.
- Such deals are almost always against terms of service of those games. Even if that's not the case at this moment, tos tend to get updated from time to time (especially when it comes to large games) - so essentially we'll need to keep an eye on all those games' tos every time a new thread is posted, which will be an unnecessary workload for MS.

If you want to trade CSGO skins to TC, do it via PMs / discord / teamspeak / grandma's cell phone / whatever you want to use that isn't forum threads or Toribash chat.
You get scammed in process, we won't care.