Toribash
Original Post
Minimum belt in MM(i guess this is turning into an MM general thread)
My problem is, that there should be a minimum bellt required to play MatchMaking, MM window is the first thing that pops out when you launch the game now, its pretty boring to fight a white belt 5 times in a row. Also i think MM is drawing new players away from servers.

Another cool feature, would be some kind of match making that tries to match peapole fairly, via rank, or belt, im 168 global rank, 3rd dan and i get matched with peapole 6k rank and white-green belts. This feature is an alternative for minimum belt. Although it may be more buggy/hard to make. I noticed that there are low belt(and low skilled) players with really high ranks, i think that the MM should be more competitive.

Last(pretty unrelated), thing, some mods are really ridicoulus. Like the one where you spawn at 1km above the ground, and you cant grab anyone, so if ur gone, ur gone for good, or the mod battledome.tbm, it's hard to even stop flying there, and so little frames for such a huge cage, really unbalanced.

UPDATE: There should be a higher forfeit penalty.What i mean is i keep getting matched with peapole that quit the game before we even finish the MM match, it's just happening more and more often.

UPDATE: Seriously, i don't remember the last fight i didin't lose that was not a quit from my opponent. Hampa pls fix.
-Koteu
Last edited by Koteu29; Apr 3, 2016 at 10:14 PM.
I agree with the minimum belt. Maybe Brown or black belt just like ranked servers I think that's a fair belt. Some of the mods are also kinda dumb id agree with that also if I put in "striking" I get aikidobigdojo when I get paired so that's not really correct >.>
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Selling/buying tc or items? PM Flow!
I do think that there should have a belt-selecting system, just like in server browser. It's not that hard to code since it's just some if-then-else in the database.
Keep walking
Originally Posted by TananPro View Post
I do think that there should have a belt-selecting system, just like in server browser. It's not that hard to code since it's just some if-then-else in the database.

I don't think that belts are the way to go. Ranks should be the matchmaking skill criteria. Perhaps some kind of system that makes playtime, belt, rank, w/l ratio matter. Just to get matched with someone your belt everytime would be lame, sometimes, low rank/belt player's should be matched with high rank/belt players, to see how they do against them, but the 120 vs 5999 rank is happening too often. This should be a bit like the ELO systems that many games use. Some simple algorithm wouldn't do for TB, besides, noone has to code everything themself, i'm pretty sure there are already made ELO modules.(<not sure if its called modules in lua, prove me wrong if it is not).
Last thing. Its too easy to get to the high ranks, because MM is FULL of lowskill players ! I got to rank 120 in no time and im no pro. I fought a green belt(Not even a good player) with rank 120 aswell. It would be better if it would be harder to rank-up.

-Koteu
Originally Posted by Koteu29 View Post
I don't think that belts are the way to go. Ranks should be the matchmaking skill criteria. Perhaps some kind of system that makes playtime, belt, rank, w/l ratio matter. Just to get matched with someone your belt everytime would be lame, sometimes, low rank/belt player's should be matched with high rank/belt players, to see how they do against them, but the 120 vs 5999 rank is happening too often. This should be a bit like the ELO systems that many games use. Some simple algorithm wouldn't do for TB, besides, noone has to code everything themself, i'm pretty sure there are already made ELO modules.(<not sure if its called modules in lua, prove me wrong if it is not).
Last thing. Its too easy to get to the high ranks, because MM is FULL of lowskill players ! I got to rank 120 in no time and im no pro. I fought a green belt(Not even a good player) with rank 120 aswell. It would be better if it would be harder to rank-up.

-Koteu

That's why I'm saying that it should be belt since ranking is way too easy. And Toribash already uses ELO for ranking. Should be belt because of experience, and I also agree that there should have sometimes low skilled players vs skilled players, but only in rare cases since it's unfair to unskilled players. For example, if the unskilled did a 5 win-streak in matchmaking recently and the skilled player is not playing so well (win 1 matchmaking match and loose 2) then it should be an fair match.
Keep walking
If you ask me i find that it is a decent idea to make matchmaking a more sustainable feature then just pairing two players together. I believe the most functional way of doing this would be doing it via belts as the player above me stated. This means that people would ne catagorised within the same experience cap (excluding alts) in a game. However i believe that instead of matching two people within the same belt for example blue belt vs blue belt. I believe it should be tiered similar to how items are. From 1 to 5, which allows similar experience players to play matchs together which will save the stupid hassle of being a well experienced player against a non-experienced white belt. SUPPORTED
If I'm not mistaken, I saw some post the other day about the more you play with Matchmaking, the more it starts getting people of the same skill level as you.

I could be wrong though.
Originally Posted by Chickenstix View Post
If I'm not mistaken, I saw some post the other day about the more you play with Matchmaking, the more it starts getting people of the same skill level as you.

I could be wrong though.

Actually, the more i play, the worse it gets. And the mods really are rather silly, lenshu giving more points to the one being attacked than the one who is attacking.
Peapole keep quiting when they're about to loose, that makes fair players seriously high rank*by high i mean high number*. The ELO penalty is really insignificant.

BUMP