Toribash
Original Post
Rate the Game Cinematic
Now this thread might sound weird! Probably because it's a new idea. Basically, we all know some games that have BADASS cinematics! So this is the place to put them. You will post one cinematic, and explain what you like about the cinematic above you.

Also note trailers are acceptable as well.

Rules:
1. Only one cinematic per post
2. NO POST CAN NOT HAVE A CINEMATIC
3. You must rate it
4. Please please please give a reason for your rating
5. Don't be a dick
6. Post what game it is from

I shall begin!

WoW may get a lot of hate, but they have some of the best cinematics there is.
Last edited by Kyure; Jul 30, 2014 at 10:16 PM.
I fail to see why we need to rate them, and why this can't just be a cinematic circle jerk thread. If you think the cinematic looks good, why does it matter what an arbitrary rating a random person on the internet gives? The fact somebody wanted to share it to begin with is usually a pretty good indication of the cinematic's worth.

That being said, I will respect the op requests for the time being. Blizzard damn well be good at cinematics considering their only focus for games have been only two franchises, and both have heavy backstory. So from a technical standpoint, it's gorgeous. Camera angles are great, progression is good, and they know how to interject humor considering the content it's made for and the content of the animation. That being said, their animations were mostly solid except for a few jerky moments, the occasional over-exaggeration of the orc's movements seeming out of place, and the movement of the panda being slightly incredulous at times.

9/10 because it's good, but it's by no means perfect.

Fucking CS:GO release trailer. Considering it's all shot within the game's engine, they some pretty sexy cinematics.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
The reason I have people rate is so that there isn't just a pile of cinematics. It is a lot better when people discuss what's above them. If time goes on and no one likes it, I will happily change it =).

As for the CS cinematic, I'd give it 6/10. I understand it's done in the game's engine and it's impressive and all, but it lacks something unique. It feels like I'm just watching a trailer for a movie involving an army force or something. There is no, "New" to it. Good shots though, I like the physics and details that are put in as well.

DC Universe Online. Ok game, awesome cinematic.