Toribash
Original Post
May I have an experienced teacher?
I'm fairly new to the game, I'm a green belt and I'd like to get help (With Judo)
I know some fun stuff like frontflips, backflips and stuff like that.
It'd be great if you could help me!

Thank you!
`Sora
Last edited by IAmSora; Sep 28, 2014 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Adding Judo
The thing with Judo, or really Toribash in general, is that there's nothing to teach. Once you know the basics of the game, it's up to you to figure out how to meld the basics together to create more advanced moves and tactics. The best way to learn is to play, and experiment. Don't look to win, look to try new things and you'll figure out what works and what doesn't.

Also, try to branch out. Don't just play Judo, try some other mods and maybe you'll find something that you're better at than you thought. Don't get discouraged by people telling you that you suck or you're a noob either. I mean, you will, and you are, but you'll get better.

The best tip I can give you is to learn the basics. The rest is up to you.
i always recommend people to start buy knowing what each joint does then learning how to spar (spar tuto) i agree with shadow i think we met like twice or more lately but nvm me
u can start by playing low dismemberment rate i recommend (lenshu)
and as shadow said there is nothing to teach

(Lotus)|Rogue|zeneto|Nightfur
Oh well, another one seeking a judo teacher. Judo is apparently a mod with low dismemberment threshold. DM threshold determines how you can easily lose a joint, the higher it is the harder it is to take of a limb. Basically all you can do that can help with judo is learning what each joints do. This vid is made by Con Con. Or if you prefer a text instruction this instruction made by Pat would help.
Cheers.
Bringer of Hell
Originally Posted by dodix45 View Post
i always recommend people to start buy knowing what each joint does then learning how to spar (spar tuto)

I don't have even the faintest of ideas why you would ever even want to attempt to learn to spar at your skill level. Sparring is a very long tedious process that requires a lot of skill and patience, aswell as a adequate understanding of the joints. I would recommend becoming decent at atleast 2 competitive mods before even thinking about sparring. You'll see a lot of people who spar a lot, so you'd think they would be fairly skilled sparers, though sadly more often than not they just aren't.

Now back to Judo. Here's the truth- it's all luck. There is almost not skill involved in this mod. The only turn that matters is the first, and that's just who get the other players Dm'd body parts to hit the ground first. Judo can be fun and easy for a beginner but I would recommend you start branching off. Judofrac is a lovely mod to help you transition into other mods. Instead of Dming you can only fracture, it teaches you to watch not only yourself but your opponent too, see what they have fractured so you can know how to go about attempting DQ them. In addition it teaches you to improvise; you were going to slam him? Well now you cant use your shoulders, come up with something else. If you are really content on learning Judo, just head over to YouTube and learn some openers- you'll be set.

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Well i would be very proud to teach you some moves, to explain you some things about judo and etc... Shot me a PM when you want.
Originally Posted by Askijeki View Post
so you'd think they would be fairly skilled sparers, though sadly more often than not they just aren't.

sadly i agree but my point is that spar makes people master their balance so for the first time you will just flop around,and eventually become better so find some one who is on your level and play together that would make it less awkward xD

(Lotus)|Rogue|zeneto|Nightfur