Ranking
Original Post
Clan Posts
either I've not looked far enough, or nobody has bothered with suggesting this.

My suggestion is simple, make posts in clan boards count towards your total post count, which is shown on your profile.

Reasons:

- Posts count in organization threads and forums
> Organizations are practically clans, I see no reason for posts to count in one over the other, when the two have the same rule regarding post quality
Originally Posted by Fear View Post
2. Regardless of the quality, posts are expected to at least provide some meaningful contribution. While moderation of useless posts in this board is much less strict than others, your thread is designed to be a discussion place for your clan. Using it for mindless spam is not allowed.

Originally Posted by Uric View Post
7. Regardless of the quality, posts are expected to at least provide some meaningful contribution, as your thread exists to provide your org with a medium for discussion. It is not acceptable to use your thread for nothing but smiley spam, for example.

- Posts count in wibbles
> Really?
(not really a strong point as I imagine posts will no longer count in wibbles after a higher up sees this, crossed out)

- Many clans require semi-decent forum activity
> If someone has posted solely in clan boards for the entirety of their time playing TB, their posts will not reflect their activity. I personally look at an applicants activity when they apply for my clan. If their total posts is like 5, and I don't have VIP to check their past posts, I'll likely deny them for not being active enough.
(weaker point as brought up by Nike, crossed out)

- Your post count isn't your true post count
> This is similar to the one above. My post count is 2,600~ish, despite me having hundreds of posts in clan boards. The only boards that posts shouldn't count in are the ones that not everyone has access to, like wibbles and Forum VIP.

- Market posts count towards your total posts
> As of right now, the majority of people with a massive amount of posts were at one point marketers. Why should posts that are typically very short, like counters or offers on a thread count, but posts that usually contribute to some form of discussion not, solely because there could be shitposts in a clan board.

- No incentive to post
> People like numbers. I admit, I'm one of them. People love it when there post count goes up after a post. This isn't everyone, but a lot of people feel this way. When you're posting in your clan board, and your posts aren't going up, you're less likely to post there. As Surge said, this could definitely increase clan forum activity.
(weaker point as pointed out by Erth, crossed out)

If more points are brought up I'll try to edit them into the thread.
Last edited by Jaxon; Feb 11, 2018 at 05:17 AM. Reason: forum activity reason crossed out ; wibbles reason crossed out
This feature was removed like 3 years ago if my memory is correct.

Totally supported to be brought back. Its a thing that needs to happen sooner or later.
support, i imagine for many there's little incentive to keep clans active if no reward for posting
Originally Posted by Surge View Post
support, i imagine for many there's little incentive to keep clans active if no reward for posting

that brings up a good point, which i'll most likely add to the main thread

people like numbers. If you're posting in your clan board and your post count isn't going up, you'll have less desire to chat there, and will probably just use discord or something.
I'm just gamin' man
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
you'll have less desire to chat there, and will probably just use discord or something.

perfect examples to back up this point

http://forum.toribash.com/forumdisplay.php?f=795
http://forum.toribash.com/forumdisplay.php?f=787
Originally Posted by Surge View Post
perfect examples to back up this point

http://forum.toribash.com/forumdisplay.php?f=795
http://forum.toribash.com/forumdisplay.php?f=787

To be fair [Tribe] isn't all that active in their discord anyways. Unless they've got a member only chat that normal dudes can't see, they're about as active on the discord as the forums.

As for Adventure, I know you guys are active in discord and the forums but not really all that much in your own board.
I'm just gamin' man
If the incentive that tips your clan into activity is post count then your clan deserves to die because that's an awful reason.
Post count doesn't matter.
The posts in the clan discussion board not counting towards your post count was removed years ago because all you had was people spamming posts and forum games that entailed 1 word posts, which wasn't the worst thing in the world but it was spam city in some places. This removed the ability for this to be done for anything other than fun, as some places would specifically abuse this to raise their post count.

P.S Ofcourse we have an active members only chat. It's infinitely easier than using the forum. If anything, the clan system should adapt to the fact that forums are less and less useful these days. The system has to a degree, with new clans not even requiring a post, but imo more should be done to accommodate the lack of necessary forum activity when one has a clan.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
Originally Posted by Erth View Post
If the incentive that tips your clan into activity is post count then your clan deserves to die because that's an awful reason.
The posts in the clan discussion board not counting towards your post count was removed years ago because all you had was people spamming posts and forum games that entailed 1 word posts, which wasn't the worst thing in the world but it was spam city in some places. This removed the ability for this to be done for anything other than fun, as some places would specifically abuse this to raise their post count.

P.S Ofcourse we have an active members only chat. It's infinitely easier than using the forum. If anything, the clan system should adapt to the fact that forums are less and less useful these days. The system has to a degree, with new clans not even requiring a post, but imo more should be done to accommodate the lack of necessary forum activity when one has a clan.

you mentioned yourself that discord is "infinitely easier", not sure what other reason you want people to post for other than the clan not dying

The posts in the clan discussion board not counting towards your post count was removed years ago because all you had was people spamming posts and forum games that entailed 1 word posts

then ban posts that are deemed obvious spam

agree with all of this, but the change you mentioned does mean that a clan can't get official

Naturally that's not my only reason for posting in my clan thread. If it was, my clan wouldn't be as active as it is, because, as it stands, my posts don't go up for posting there. Some people are like this, I never said everyone is, it's merely one of many points.

I haven't looked through all of the official organizations, but the ones that I have like Team Aikido, Toribash Tricktionary, NoOT, etc., have no forum games in them. Are they not allowed? If so, why not simply outlaw them in Clan Boards? The rule in place says that meaningless spam isn't allowed. It would require a bit more moderation from Clan Squad but it would solve that issue.

A bit off topic, but say this was the case. How would the official clan process change? As far as I can tell, reasonable forum activity is required to even be considered for official.
I'm just gamin' man