Toribash
Original Post
[Render] Testing Models
Well, I pretty much never post my irl work, but I wanted to test drive a different renderer, so I made a quick model of a hex screw, copied it 3 times, and rendered it...

I figured I'd post it for the heck of it. *shrug*

Illumination perfected ! good job that looks O.K
What do you use ? 3ds max i guess...or C4D
Centuries Of Damn
Originally Posted by dbuhos View Post
Illumination perfected ! good job that looks O.K
What do you use ? 3ds max i guess...or C4D

Rhino, actually. I find Nurbs modeling much simpler and faster than polygonal work.

And I havn't totally figured out lighting and materials yet... but I'm happy with the shadow quality...

Which, suprisingly, is on it's lowest setting for this render....
Originally Posted by Novitech View Post
Rhino, actually. I find Nurbs modeling much simpler and faster than polygonal work.

And I havn't totally figured out lighting and materials yet... but I'm happy with the shadow quality...

Which, suprisingly, is on it's lowest setting for this render....

I use mainly Nurbs with C4D. you might want to give c4d a shot if you get the chance :P
it's actually quite easy to learn, I've only been using it for 3-5 months now :P
Former Item Forger
Originally Posted by D0R View Post
i guess i have to try out rhino^^

It's command based and extremely similar to AutoCAD. If you know AutoCAD, you can pick up rhino in a few hours, easy.

Originally Posted by Stupinator View Post
I use mainly Nurbs with C4D. you might want to give c4d a shot if you get the chance :P
it's actually quite easy to learn, I've only been using it for 3-5 months now :P

I'm pretty happy with Rhino. It's what a lot of pro's use, I'm already pretty fast at it. Those screws took me all of maybe 5 minutes to model. 10 at most if you includ the time it took to name and save the file.

Rhino also runs a number of excellent renderers as plugins (flamingo, Penguin, Maxwell, Vray, etc) and has the ability to export in a large number of formats, including 3ds and obj.

So I'll stick with it.
Originally Posted by avwave View Post
sweet... have you tried tsplines yet?

No, but I just did some research on it, and I'm definitely going to give it a try... Mesh to nurbs conversions!?!? Sex.

In the mean time, I'll need to save up the $200 for the student license...