Ranking
Original Post
Helping Toribash Make it Big
I would like to mention I am willing to do whatever it takes to assist in anything needed, I will create threads full of info, create video tutorials with commentary, and whatever else is needed.

this idea is based on helping toribash next become mainstream, not the current one, unless next doesn't get finished, we could do this in an attempt to revamp Toribash

ok so heres the idea,
First things first we will need a tutorials section that is neatly organized and easy to navigate,
It needs to not be too long, but long enough to fit the needed information to point new users in the correct path, so that they are less likely in getting lost navigating the game, and end up leaving

Example:

Tutorials board:
Forums:
1.Changing settings
2.buying/selling and activating items
3.reporting issues
4.need additional help? (Link to the toribash discord) join the Discord to ask for additional help in #support.

Game:
1. Need an in-game teacher? (Toribash academy link) join here to find a teacher to teach whatever mod/topic you need.
2. Lenshu tutorials
3.aikido tutorials
4.judo tutorials
5.hosting bet servers
6.server rules
Etc, we can create tutorials over time for each official and public mod and separate the tutorials by topics, for example:
Game tutorials:
1. Lenshu tutorials
¹launching
²openers
³strategies
2. Aikido tutorials
¹openers
²snap kicking/countering kicks
³lifting/countering lifts
And so on, this will need to be easily accessible by players, maybe add a button in the GUI that leads directly to this board.

Secondly,
Promotion.

A lot of people don't know about how Facebook ads work, but if you are the person promoting something they are perfect, and cheap.

This is how it works:

Example of post

Lets say this is a Toribash facebook page and this is a commercial they have posted on facebook,
the commercial would contain a clean recorded video of in game footage with a commentator saying something like "Have you ever wanted to be able to control your character however you want? now you can with Toribash, a turn by turn, physics based fighting game where you control every joint of the character" something like that maybe.

ok so anyways you click on "Boost Post"

next it will show you the targeting method which is completely customizable and fairly accurate based on my use of running ads:

Audience Targeting

here i've chosen to target people who live in the united states, who show intrests in ragdoll physics, and computer gaming, between the ages of 13-25 which has a potential of reaching 12kk people if it the people who see it share it.

next is the budget and time limit on the ad.

Budget

Here ive selected to run the ad for 30 days, witha budget of 200$
it shows it will charge me 6.66$ a day to run this ad, which i can stop at any time. it estimates (which is fairly accurate based on me using it) 1.6k-6.4k people will see it daily.

I think that running an ad like this can get enough people to download and atleast try the game, its a good try and making Toribash spread like wildfire and maybe become the mainstream game we all feel it deserves to be. the money made if that did happen would increase by a lot, the 200$ ad could be a major investment.

we could maybe host a fundraiser within forums where everytime someone buys a certain item for usd, we use a certain amount for the eventual advertisement, or have people donate, im even willing to help out with funding it.

i'd like to get feedback from higher ups and other members in the community who care and want to see Toribash thrive, thank you for reading.

P.S.

aside from the promotion I think a well organized and updated video tutorial board would be nice. I and a lot others are willing to make tutorials that are planned thoroughly and touch on key points for beginners and advanced players, I'm willing to type up the threads and organize everything if needed.

-Gang

Last edited by Gang; Feb 7, 2019 at 07:34 AM.
ISSA GANG BANG
The tutorial's forum itself has plenty of tutorials on almost everything you can think of, We just need to update the index( http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=29601) , maybe make it look nice, and I reckon there should be a link to it through Beginners Sanctuary

You should probably be aware that post boosting is deemed as one of the most inefficient ways of advertising. Besides, as you are probably aware, TB Next is likely going to be released fairly soon, so advertising TB now wouldn't be very logical.

As for tutorials, there are some great tutorials scattered all around the forums, the issue with them is that there is no easily-to-use platform that would offer convenient access to all of them.
Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
You should probably be aware that post boosting is deemed as one of the most inefficient ways of advertising. Besides, as you are probably aware, TB Next is likely going to be released fairly soon, so advertising TB now wouldn't be very logical.

As for tutorials, there are some great tutorials scattered all around the forums, the issue with them is that there is no easily-to-use platform that would offer convenient access to all of them.

this idea is based on helping toribash next become mainstream, not the current one, unless next doesn't get finished, we could do this in an attempt to revamp Toribash

Also we need updated organized tutorials
ISSA GANG BANG
Im pretty sure that the forum will be also updated when TBnext will release. It'd better to make a new platform everywhere, not just in the game
But probably supported, many new players just leave out because of the forum, they don't want to waste their time for jumping around here.
But anyway, I don't really think that it's the best time to change threads and boards
Proud Leader of Vikings
I think youtube and/or instagram are really the only two things you need for an indie game to be "big these days".

Increasing the amount of Toribash Youtuber's will spread it's influence across the platform and it'll reach popular gaming channels as well. From there this is how many indie games are made popular. If there were like 12 ConCon's, Toribash would be a making waves on youtube very easily.

And as for instagram, right now instagram is one of the most popular social media applications for varying ages, facebook and snapchat falling close to second.
Just like Youtube, increasing Toribash Content on a platform like Instagram will also bring in heavy attention.

All the things you've put under "Games" and "Tutorials" really are pointless if Promotion isn't the priority. I honestly think Toribash could be "revamped" in popularity with just great promotion alone, and not even touching "Game" and "Tutorials" in my opinion.

As people stay for the fun of the game, Tutorials Never made the game fun, it helped, but didn't make it "more fun" I actually believe the process of going from blind joint spamming and flailing to controlled understanding with just repetition and practice is what made the game fun, maybe i'm just weird but Tutorials helped a little but ultimately weren't the greatest way to learn how to play. It's like watching a tutorial on how to play Football well, you could watch it as many times as you want, but it's not going to immediately condition your muscles and body to do what the people in the video to do. I learned the best just by playing, a lot, as someone can learn to be good at football, just by playing a lot.

playing the game, is what makes the game fun (In my opinion) lol

So like tutorials are cool and all, but 1. there are enough tutorials and 2. They shouldn't be a huge focus.

With Promotion will come people, with people will come activity and with activity, will give retired community members a reason to come back to the game and put forth work again.

But with all that said, Promoting Toribash right now, as said above, isn't very logical with Next on the way.
Last edited by matarika; Feb 11, 2019 at 03:09 PM.
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
Well, matarika said pretty much everything so what i'll say is very secondary.

We can say i abandoned TB more than a year ago, and i think making the game great would make me come back to the game, but now i'll tell my suggestion.

I learned one thing playing MapleStory 2, maple is a diying game, but in SA server there's a dude that makes some cool stream, normally interviewing a well known player in community, and for me that's something really useful to maintain the people who still play the game, so that's a suggestion more for the future, but we can use now, as a test, how many players will watch? Sending globals will certainly help, maybe making a weekly podcast? inviting important players, or players with a high rank, idk, i think it's a really good way to entertain the player.

maybe making the entertainment squad for it, well, event squad is an entertainment squad too if u think like that, but make a squad more focused in the media, just like videos and post for social media as matarika mentioned.
Last edited by Victor4554; Feb 12, 2019 at 04:06 AM.
[TANG]Member
RSO Teacher
I second this, idea. I presented an idea a while back for a squad focused on promotion, and entertainment but it didn’t go anywhere. But really getting this squad built for next, would be incredibly smart
-----
I second this, idea. I presented an idea a while back for a squad focused on promotion, and entertainment but it didn’t go anywhere. But really getting this squad built for next, would be incredibly smart. Like editors, streamers, interviewers, story makers, vloggers, event channels, and various mixes of those to take to Instagram and YouTube, Next would be an indie game to be wreckoned with come Toribash nexts release month.
-----
That seems to have sent twice sorry
Last edited by matarika; Feb 12, 2019 at 08:07 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297

Don't know where you got the information about Facebook advertising being insufficient but it's completely false.

web results

Also you only validated my point, the tutorials are "scattered" I myself have spent 20+ minutes just trying to find a solution to a simple problem with the current organization of the board.
-----
Originally Posted by matarika View Post
I think youtube and/or instagram are really the only two things you need for an indie game to be "big these days".

Increasing the amount of Toribash Youtuber's will spread it's influence across the platform and it'll reach popular gaming channels as well. From there this is how many indie games are made popular. If there were like 12 ConCon's, Toribash would be a making waves on youtube very easily.

And as for instagram, right now instagram is one of the most popular social media applications for varying ages, facebook and snapchat falling close to second.
Just like Youtube, increasing Toribash Content on a platform like Instagram will also bring in heavy attention.

All the things you've put under "Games" and "Tutorials" really are pointless if Promotion isn't the priority. I honestly think Toribash could be "revamped" in popularity with just great promotion alone, and not even touching "Game" and "Tutorials" in my opinion.

As people stay for the fun of the game, Tutorials Never made the game fun, it helped, but didn't make it "more fun" I actually believe the process of going from blind joint spamming and flailing to controlled understanding with just repetition and practice is what made the game fun, maybe i'm just weird but Tutorials helped a little but ultimately weren't the greatest way to learn how to play. It's like watching a tutorial on how to play Football well, you could watch it as many times as you want, but it's not going to immediately condition your muscles and body to do what the people in the video to do. I learned the best just by playing, a lot, as someone can learn to be good at football, just by playing a lot.

playing the game, is what makes the game fun (In my opinion) lol

So like tutorials are cool and all, but 1. there are enough tutorials and 2. They shouldn't be a huge focus.

With Promotion will come people, with people will come activity and with activity, will give retired community members a reason to come back to the game and put forth work again.

But with all that said, Promoting Toribash right now, as said above, isn't very logical with Next on the way.

I agree with everything you said, although I do think with the giant learning curve, we need a good line of defense for people who want to learn, but don't know where to get started, that way they don't give up or get frustrated trying to find information.
-----

Also I'd like to add that I have a layout idea that would make finding info in the board a breeze. I'm in the process if typing it all up to present to the moderators of the board.
Last edited by Gang; Feb 15, 2019 at 02:28 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
ISSA GANG BANG