Toribash
Original Post
Nostalgia trip
This is my first time logging into toribash in over 3 years. This game used to be part of my daily routine for a long time, and I loved it. The friends I was meeting through it taught me a lot about the world and other cultures. They were simpler times that I'll miss dearly.
Inactive Due to RL Issues.
But I still love [l]. I also love you.
So, are you back or just taking a simple "Nostalgia Trip"?

Someone explain to me why a bunch of ppl have ducks as their avvys
Last edited by Soon; Aug 13, 2016 at 09:07 AM.
"Do you explore the unknown or are you afraid of losing your throne?" I am Soon.
the feeling when you first log 2011. Everything is fresh, you find friends instantly, you're inlove with the game, you enter tourneys, win tourneys, finally get to that black belt, you're excited as hell and you cant imagine ever playing a better game. You create a clan with your friends, win clan wars, buy the items you want etc etc..
A year or two pass, you still log from time to time but its not the same. The people you spent all day playing Toribash are fading away. You decide to take a break.
its been 5 years since you started playing Toribash, you log in from pure nostalgia to check how the game is going... Your friends arent there.... your clan is empty, nobody hasn't logged in since minimum 2 years.... New players are dicks.... all the hours you've spent grinding tourneys and public servers are all in the past, all the fun you ever had is now history... even if you start playing Toribash again, it will never be the same....
I can relate to that.
Every time I look at the Rift comic and see ppl and clans in it that are long gone, I get so sad.
Last edited by 8OJ4N; Aug 13, 2016 at 06:16 PM.
mmm

one of my fondest memories is still the one where i managed to kick Dafe in the balls during a Wushu match

... He was a lot more graceful about it than i was. :v
But yeah, things have changed a lot. Among other things, the replay makers of today are overall a shit ton better than those of back then, at least partly by virtue of having had a lot longer to figure out the game. And then there's the day where 3.0 came out. Ohhhhhhh boy. Don't know how many of you remember the time where you'd use POV-Ray to render screenshots in an awesome manner, but this was almost like the game was suddenly rendered in POV-Ray all the time (minus the reflections, they came later), and then there were the shaders. MY MIND EXPLODED. And then there's the time where modding suddenly came to include objects (and joints!) beyond the tori's themselves. My twisted little monkey brain saw a lot of potential for violent murder in that. :U
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Same thing with me my friend. I left the game 2 years ago and now I'm kinda back. It's a good feeling.
vai taca
Swyne, last time we chatted was when I bought the puma set off you..

4 years ago lol

wb dude! I still wear it btw, its quite nice
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
not as long as people who post here.
But i have been here for some quite while, seen some shit and glory here and there. meet with a new friend and reunited with old friend. getting back and forth.

all i can say is...look a bunny
"0h no" -Trice
A.K.A Tricerafi || Thanks Papa Donut, bless you
to all the ppl from the older days, is this the esports game you wanted/expected?

I think its capping hampas wishes for the game.
"Do you explore the unknown or are you afraid of losing your throne?" I am Soon.