Ranking
Original Post
Dragon Nest
http://dragonnest.nexon.net/

Open beta started today, open until august 9th followed by an immediate launch of the real game. NA/NZD only iirc, action mmorpg published by nexon and was originally korean

showcase of one of the classes

there is priest, sorceress, swordsman person guy and an archer. sword/priest are boy locked and sorc/archer are girl locked.

post here if you play and what your name is and what server

im

divinecow - argenta
I am extremely unhappy that Nexon blocks South-East Asia players....

I'd play this if there was a way to bypass the ip block
I would try it out
but nexon
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
If the real combat in the game is as much God of War like as it looked in that trailer there, then I would consider playing it.
If it's just clicking on enemies and pressing hotkeys, count me out.

EDIT: OK just checked the FAQ section. Turns out it's a combination of both "press button to hit things" (the mouse buttons) and hotkeys (1-0), with the hotkeys being used to activate skills. Doesn't seem too bad, I might consider trying it. Although according to above posts, Nexon seems to have a bad reputation. Could someone enlighten me as to why? More "pay-to-win" stuff?
Last edited by 4zb41; Jul 27, 2011 at 03:14 AM.
MMOs nowadays are extremely generic, what makes it any different from the rest of the world?

E: just saw the trailer. Oh.
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
This almost seems like WOW, with some things changed.
Do you really think you're in control
Also note that if you download the game through their "dragon nest downloader" it forces you to install "Pando Media Booster" which is like a P2P program which after downloading the game, then seeds it so other "peers" can download it from your PC (thus wasting your internet).

I'm going to uninstall this Pando Media Booster as soon as i'm done downloading :[
(provided the game doesn't force me into using it to play and such)
Last edited by 4zb41; Jul 27, 2011 at 03:29 AM.
Let me correct and answer some things in this thread.

1. This is nothing like WoW except for them being both MMORPGS, but this isn't even solely an mmorpg.

2. It does NOT force you to download Pando Media Booster.

3. Nexon's games are fine and the shops in this are far from "pay to win".

4. There is no targeting system in this game, everything is done by aiming a cursor.

4. There is a SEA verison coming out in closed/open next month, that version will be global.
Originally Posted by Lume View Post
2. It does NOT force you to download Pando Media Booster.

It's stated in the conditions of using the Dragon Nest Downloader that by downloading you agree to let it install Pando Media Booster and let it use that to offer p2p for other downloaders once it's finished downloading your copy.

Hell, the "terms of service" link on the downloader even links to the Pando Media website.
I've been playing the game with two other people and neither of us were forced OR have it on our computer.