Ranking
Original Post
rotating shoulders
running in real life doesn't need you to contract or extent you pecand all you really do with your arms is rotate them forward and backwards.

this may make parkour and spar just that bit better in detail and add a bit more challenge to other mods.

please concider this and i thank you for your attention... whom it may concern.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Model is not going to change because there's no reason for it. It was said dozens of times that the main aspects of how tori models work are unlikely to change.
Making it even more complicated to control your character wouldn't be good for anyone, both new players who cannot understand what to do with the model we have now and for old players who are used to playing to the current one.

you don't have to have ONE model for all mods. being able to do something does not mean it must be done EVERYWHERE.
to give a simple example: you have an engine that MAY color objects to orange. you don't HAVE to make all objects to be orange.
but when person want a prop to be orange he can do it.
in other words some mods may use "classic" model, some may let players use more possibilities. how does it makes the game more complicated for all and hurt old players?
Nabi has only two coders and what's being done by hampa and Dranix alone is as good as it can be. If you want to better the game and not shout about it being "abandoned", go study programming and help them.

1) i have a work to do, 2) may be you as ?PR guy? should think about making development to be more transparent? nobody knows what they are working on (if), what the plans are and so on, which obviously make an impression of game being abandoned. this is actual PR work btw, no jokes. SMM is just a part of it, but not the whole thing entirely.

announcing things like this more often:
Wii-like grabs are probably going to be implemented,

is being transparent

If you do any more posts in this manner, you are getting banned. I'm really fed up with your bullshit. Saying the same stuff over and over again all around the forums in a mean way isn't going to help anyone at doing changes to the game. You either give constructive criticism in a normal way or stop posting.

is it constructive enough?
Last edited by snake; Jun 19, 2014 at 03:06 PM.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
People can create mods that are vastly different from what a human looks like(coughscorpionmacough), but the ball joint shoulders are not going to be implemented. The only reason grabs are going to be changed is because there are a number of glitches and issues with how grabs work now.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Balance is easily done with the manipulation of the tori. After enough practice you can do really cool things, such as jakers moonwalk.
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource
@snake:
you don't have to have ONE model for all mods.

You can change the axis in mods now. It's been available for quite a lot of time already, probably even since the modmaking started.

may be you as ?PR guy? should think about making development to be more transparent?

Things that are set in stone are being announced. Those that aren't and are just a possibility are not being announced. We're not Ubisoft, so you're not going to hear stuff that isn't going to happen just to make users pleased about it until they see the game.

is it constructive enough?

It is at least less mean. However, there's still no reasonable point in changing the tori model in terms of adding more joint states / more joints.
@snake:

You can change the axis in mods now. It's been available for quite a lot of time already, probably even since the modmaking started.

yest, but we are talking about adding new axises instead of changing existing ones.

Things that are set in stone are being announced. Those that aren't and are just a possibility are not being announced. We're not Ubisoft, so you're not going to hear stuff that isn't going to happen just to make users pleased about it until they see the game.

thats the very essence of pr and marketing, but if we will scratch most obvious thing, it should be done for the sake of "community engagement" so players know that something is going on and the game is being worked on. the more transparent development is, the less people wonder if the game is abandoned or not.

It is at least less mean. However, there's still no reasonable point in changing the tori model in terms of adding more joint states / more joints.

supporting new models with more joints will be enough for start, i'm sure some playerbase segment will be eager to play around with this. if you don't see the point does not mean that nobody does.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
This has gone far enough, it's clear that this suggestion being implemented would cause mass-confusion, nevertheless sir clearing this out.

Originally Posted by Cake View Post
If a staff or a local moderator clarifies that the suggestion has been bought up before and has been rejected or is highly unethical, the thread will be closed stating so. Note that this might also take place in a situation where most users commenting on the suggestions disagree and is clearly silly.

Thread closed.
. . .
list0 on Discord, reach out for inquiries.
Or send me a private message, I'm responsive.

[7:19 PM] Aliosa: Can't have loopholes if there are no loops.

[9:14 AM] Viddah: Just remember if you step on toes youre gonna have to suck on them to make the pain go away
[9:16 AM] [Faux_fan]ancient: put me in the screenshot
thats the very essence of pr and marketing, but if we will scratch most obvious thing, it should be done for the sake of "community engagement" so players know that something is going on and the game is being worked on. the more transparent development is, the less people wonder if the game is abandoned or not.

Watch LesDuncan's or DrHax's channels, they say a lot of stuff for "community engagement". Most of it isn't going live (and is probably not ever going to exist at all), but if you still like listening to rumors that they create, you are free to.
New versions are being released each 3-4 months which has been a standard for some time now. And it's even more weird to say about game being abandoned now when it has been released on Steam only a month ago.

Development is always going on, and when there is stuff that we can show, we do it. During events, in specific threads or somewhere else, but we still do that.

i'm sure some playerbase segment will be eager to play around with this.

Surely some will. Not the majority, though (even in this thread there are only three users supporting the idea, including the thread starter and you). Why add something that isn't wanted by the majority when the resources are limited? There are lots of things that most players would want to see in the game, and usually these features are being focused on.

Honestly speaking, this wasn't even on the list of modding-related suggestions we got from Clockworkmonkey. I believe that if one of the main figures in mod making of these days doesn't think that there is any necessity in adding more axises to joints, then there really isn't any.

Cake: sorry, was typing this when you closed the thread :o

Nothing serious :o
-Cake
Last edited by list; Jun 20, 2014 at 06:21 AM.