Ranking
Original Post
Account sharing.
What's the difference between 'account sharing' and 'shared account' in ban reasons?

-Kyure, the young smod, banned zsxdcee for 1 month for "Account selling + Racial slurs". Proof
-Icky banned ParrotTheCarrot with a reason "Shared account" permanently, and i thoroughly understand this. Proof
-Here hanz0 banned six accounts with "Account sharing" in the reason bar, only for 4 days. Proof
-But wait! Here Icky permabanned two accounts and the reason is "Account sharing", just like at the example with hanz0. Proof

How is that possible that people did exactly the same thing and have such a big difference in terms?
Or that's just Icky being too strict / hanz0 being too kind / Kyure not being determined should he inherit hanz0 or Icky, and therefore working "in the middle"?

P.S. Sorry Icky, sorry hanz0, sorry Kyure. I have nothing against you, just took most recent bans as an example. There are lots of such misunderstandings with other reasons and other staff members.
I ask just because i'm interested and because i can
Well, they are not robots, to be honest thats better that way it is now, you don't want to read some c/p terms of use wall of text after being banned.
Last edited by Nikos; Feb 14, 2016 at 02:44 AM.
All cases of account sharing/selling are initially responded to with permanent bans, which gives staff time to investigate/deal with any issues (e.g. stolen items, ownership questions) that may have arisen. After that we may adjust the ban length based on appeals and specific circumstances. We're currently looking at making the ban adjustment a little more standard, but in the end there's likely still going to be room for staff discretion.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&