Toribash
Original Post
couple of forum features
can we have thing like "status" icons avaible to paste in posts showing if player is ingame or on forum,

example how it may look

[status]snake[/status]

which will return something like this:

snake

where green is online on forum and blue one is online ingame, clicking on blue will launch client and let you join, clicking on green will open new pm window

it will let you check if person you are looking for is avaiable and to get to him in mere click.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
So why would you want this to be a feature if you know that it would be more work and practically impossible?
Gynx is a nubby nubly nub nub who nubs around nubbing
In the long run, wouldn't it prove to be more useful? I mean, right now we have too find that persons post; or we have to go to your own profile and type in manually at the top "username=Ligthningkid"

I mean, if any org/clan can just edit the 'member page' with [status]Lightningkid[/status] and it would prove to be more useful since you know where you can go to see if they are active.

Am I mistaking something?

The idea of it being too 'hard' shouldn't slow it down seeing how far this games progressed, especially with all the cool things Fish has been doing to the forums, a few tweaks to the current format, making it so [status][/status] lines up with the current code that tells users that someone is in-game or last seen here; should be right up the ally to having a green/grey light that could show up next to a name if they are active currently or not.

Although, I do see why you're saying it's 'practically impossible', when it's just a little extra effort from our forum developers. But it would be easier for members to find out if they are currently active just by checking their clan or organization.

And even with that, you can just ctrl + f on most browsers on the main section of toribash forums and type in there name, if they are active it would show. But lets be honest, who's going to take the time to do that? Or rather, really want to do it in the first place?
Not saying I don't do it, because that's currently a fast way. But if they are just in-game and not using the forums, they don't show up online at all on the bottom page of the forums.

And sorry if I'm out of place by posting, just putting in my opinion.
Also, it would be great if person can get notifications if someone highlights his name with this tag.
^ω^ Kotyatki ║ OŁƉɅ ║ Ultimatum in my heart ║ ɅWSUM 8+ years ║ NɅƦKѠTIKI!
snake, you do know you could just use this: http://forum.toribash.com/member.php?username=

Although it wouldn't be a bad idea, since you want everyone to see your thread and know who is/isn't online. This would require the devs to work but it isn't that hard since it's only some CSS and some JS to attach it. Nevertheless, I shouldn't judge since I'm not a dev.

Originally Posted by Hacks View Post
In the long run, wouldn't it prove to be more useful? I mean, right now we have too find that persons post; or we have to go to your own profile and type in manually at the top "username=Ligthningkid"

I mean, if any org/clan can just edit the 'member page' with [status]Lightningkid[/status] and it would prove to be more useful since you know where you can go to see if they are active.

Am I mistaking something?

The idea of it being too 'hard' shouldn't slow it down seeing how far this games progressed, especially with all the cool things Fish has been doing to the forums, a few tweaks to the current format, making it so [status][/status] lines up with the current code that tells users that someone is in-game or last seen here; should be right up the ally to having a green/grey light that could show up next to a name if they are active currently or not.

Although, I do see why you're saying it's 'practically impossible', when it's just a little extra effort from our forum developers. But it would be easier for members to find out if they are currently active just by checking their clan or organization.

And even with that, you can just ctrl + f on most browsers on the main section of toribash forums and type in there name, if they are active it would show. But lets be honest, who's going to take the time to do that? Or rather, really want to do it in the first place?
Not saying I don't do it, because that's currently a fast way. But if they are just in-game and not using the forums, they don't show up online at all on the bottom page of the forums.

And sorry if I'm out of place by posting, just putting in my opinion.

I think I do agree with you and snake, it wouldn't be a bad idea. I mean, if you could put something such as, [status=Cake][/status] and to the right of my name would appear a button notifying I'm online, another green button confirming I'm ingame and perhaps another button of some sort confirming I'm on IRC.

Although there might be some slight difficulties linking the IRC and forum accounts since you can change your nickname at any time. suomynona would have to look into this.
. . .
list0 on Discord, reach out for inquiries.
Or send me a private message, I'm responsive.

[7:19 PM] Aliosa: Can't have loopholes if there are no loops.

[9:14 AM] Viddah: Just remember if you step on toes youre gonna have to suck on them to make the pain go away
[9:16 AM] [Faux_fan]ancient: put me in the screenshot
I was considering something like this with the room list that we have. But people seem to be more interested in finding other people rather than rooms. So I might see if I can't get this one done. Everything needed is more or less there. Though it's a little awkward to get it into a post. Not sure how well that'll work out. Might have to try a few different things before I get something good enough.
Fish's dealing with it.
Closed.
. . .

[9:14 AM] Viddah: Just remember if you step on toes youre gonna have to suck on them to make the pain go away
Please leave these threads open in case anyone else has ideas for it. (I'm still not 100% on what way I'll do it)

In any case, there's no real reason to close it really.
thanks, so what i was about to say before thread got closed,

in can be implemented in element broken into 2 parts

1st part
name + forum status green (new pm on click)
name + forum status gray (new pm on click)

[ snake | O ]

where [ ] are borders of picture

2nd part
name + ingame status blue (join on click)
name + ingame status gray (nothing)

so in the end we get [ snake | O ] [ O ]

so the element will consist of 2 parts, not sure if can be done more simple
Last edited by snake; Jun 22, 2014 at 01:19 PM.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
This new rule is admittedly confusing. I'm removing it.
. . .