Toribash
View Poll Results: Do you care?
Keep the art board post moderation how it is (posts like "nice head" get infracted/deleted)
3 Votes / 37.50%
Comments without having to explained their thoughts like "nice head" wont get infracted/deleted
5 Votes / 62.50%
Don't care
0 Votes / 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
Art board rule change.
Don't infract people for complimenting and appreciating other people's art.
Who are you to say something like "Wow nice head" or "This looks really good!" arent valid responses.
The art board is over moderated for no good reason and has been for a long time.
I have been on many different social media sites that have dedicated art sections, and this is the only one that blatantly punishes people for complimenting something.
|Jacklox2| |Frost| |MrBeany| |Nugget| |Sheetboy| xFIRExGAME |
You can still compliment peoples art, just give a few words what you like about their art along with it. It isn't very hard to do and the artist appreciates it. I do understand what you mean about the art board being strict though. I agree with you. It isn't too hard to keep in line with the rules though as long as you look them over before you post. I feel they do restrict posting freedom a bit so where it feels like an annoyance somewhat. I look forward to seeing more feedback on what can be worked on
Last edited by tertywerty; Jul 23, 2018 at 04:57 AM.

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
it probably won't change, it's pretty much the same standard in every board. OT requires you to explain your answer if the topic is to answer a question, you can take an extra ten seconds to explain why something looks good to you. it's basically just an extension to the useless post global rule:
- Useless posting

Posts in any area of the forum should be kept on-topic and useful. If a post has little content or does not contribute to the discussion at hand, it may be infracted at a moderator's discretion. Each section also has its own more specific rules about what constitutes an appropriate post.

Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

I've honestly always been happy that was a rule. Nothing more discouraging than 5 people saying "nice" and no one giving actual feedback.
I sell TC and I give loans. PM me for info.
Need help with market? PM Ryan
<augans> youre my thiggist
<Muze> Id like to say, I don't apologize, I'm a tough guy in irl and I will be a tough guy in a video game. Ok that's it.

both complimenting or saying shit about one's art with a short comment or a single phrase is really annoying to the artist, most of the time. Toribash community isn't the only to adopt this system, I've seen it in almost every community that has some base on criticism.

May not be the case for you but usually people post their works expecting a well constructed and detailed comments analysing what they did, besides this being really cool to have in your board, this will help you to improve with the others opinions about your negatives and positives explained in detail

I think this "over-moderation" is really useful to the artists
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I brought this up a minnut ago. I'm (and some others are) of an opposite mind to Ferras and Lionet. This was elevated, but nothing resulted of it.
Ele's thread resulted in the rules being reworded to clarify any expectations the rule brings. In our eyes, if the artist puts in time and effort into artwork, it can't hurt for someone to come up with something specific that makes you like it. While that still isn't super useful, we understand that people want to compliment someone's work. That being said, "I like this because the color scheme is interesting" is a completely legitimate post, that imo still doesn't help the artist much.

The rules aren't by any means over-moderation, it's not far off from every other board on the forum.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Thanks for the responses.

I see argument saying that artist will appreciate only getting detailed comments.
I'd agree that would be nice, but the fact of the matter is the board isnt on some massive art website with thousands of active members. We have a max of like 30 people viewing it, so the way I look at it is if you want that kind of feedback there are other sites that offer a much more refined community that is strictly for sharing and critiquing others art.

Originally Posted by Lionet View Post
both complimenting or saying shit about one's art with a short comment or a single phrase is really annoying to the artist, most of the time. Toribash community isn't the only to adopt this system, I've seen it in almost every community that has some base on criticism.

Lets break this down; you say that artists "most of the time" will find short comments or a single phrase "really annoying". I have never in my life, and after extensive viewing of others art for years, have never once heard, or read a single instance of someone being annoyed from a person showing genuine appreciation of their artwork.
Maybe it does happen but I haven't seen it before, and personally I believe it would be a very uncommon occurrence.

"Toribash community isn't the only to adopt this system, I've seen it in almost every community that has some base on criticism."

Id agree with that... If toribash was an solely art forum that was only focused on sharing artwork. Which it is not, the art board is a small section of the forum that receives minimal traffic.

Originally Posted by TyZi View Post
In our eyes, if the artist puts in time and effort into artwork, it can't hurt for someone to come up with something specific that makes you like it.
And they should if they want to but why force it?

The rules aren't by any means over-moderation, it's not far off from every other board on the forum.

"The rules aren't by any means over-moderation, it's not far off from every other board on the forum."

I completely disagree with that statement. When it comes to deleting posts and giving people an infraction for sharing an opinion(many times positive) its gone to far.
I have had multiple instances of where I would have liked to have told an artist that I liked what they did, but now if that's all I had said I would get into trouble.(and i have before)
Just imagine this in a real life setting, you are walking through an art museum with your friend, and you turn to him and say "That painting by Vincent van Gogh is really nice." Then the curator runs over to you with security, fines you, then kicks you out. Does that make sense to you?
Last edited by KDigityDog; Jul 25, 2018 at 03:43 AM.
I'm not really into art board though, so I cant say I'm accurate by any means or that I have experience with that. Also I don't know what people think of short comments, that's just my guess based on other communities that aren't exactly about art, but anything with some degree of creation or things that demands popular opinions in general, and people usually get annoyed when there are poorly written comments with no consistency, possibly being a sentence replaceable for a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" button

I personally would agree with your suggestion because I think that's way more easy and still gives artists the message they're seeking for (?), probably. But from what I know about this community and having in view the majority will, I don't think it should be implemented.

The poll is a great idea by the way
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Originally Posted by Lionet View Post
I'm not really into art board though, so I cant say I'm accurate by any means or that I have experience with that. Also I don't know what people think of short comments, that's just my guess based on other communities that aren't exactly about art, but anything with some degree of creation or things that demands popular opinions in general, and people usually get annoyed when there are poorly written comments with no consistency, possibly being a sentence replaceable for a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" button

I personally would agree with your suggestion because I think that's way more easy and still gives artists the message they're seeking for (?), probably. But from what I know about this community and having in view the majority will, I don't think it should be implemented.

The poll is a great idea by the way

Thank you for the feedback I appreciate that.
A genuine shitpost is still a shitpost if sombody just does "" then it should still be flagged as a useless post.

The way I see it, having it be less strict would be mutually beneficial. People dont get infracted for sharing an opinion, and the artist gets more people on their page which could potentially open up more discussion.

Also ty