Ranking
Original Post
HS ingame colour change
So I logged on to the game for the first time in a while, and the first thing I saw was the HS ingame colour.

This orange is so similar to admin that there is no question about these two groups being eventually confused. It just looks red, any person who has ever seen game staff with coloured names is gonna think these people are admins.

You should just make em the old gm trial colour, it's pretty distinct (iirc legend ingame colour is quite different from this + the crown) from basically any other color. If this doesn't fit why not just make them grey? Grey is gonna stand out amongst the blue text and it's going to be their actual colour on the forums.
h
Originally Posted by Icky
What exactly are you getting at with this?

ES aren't red and have ingame admin perms. HS aren't red and don't have ingame admin perms. It was the idea that help squad could be identified differently somehow because of the red/orange name.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
Yeah, but that is entire new issue. The OP is saying that orange is wrong because it is too close to admins or something, so let's just make sure we're all on the same page before getting any further: is this an argument about usergroups having different colours on forums and in game, or is it following OP's logic

Yeah we're all on the same page, it's more people are trying to turn the page already and find solutions, which brings up the spider web of others.

Originally Posted by Link View Post
ES aren't red and have ingame admin perms. HS aren't red and don't have ingame admin perms. It was the idea that help squad could be identified differently somehow because of the red/orange name.

Seems like a non issue really. That orange seems pretty different to the red, even in full screen for me. The powers thing is an easy fix though. The HS can't do stuff so powers wouldn't be mentioned. ES can so there's an instant separation.

~~~~~~
Changing one group is the easy solution. Changing CSquads forum colours is the easier option of the two available. (if they want they could just make CSquad grey and Helpsquad Orange to solve the issue on the spot)
I mean, whatever works really. I don't mind being orange on forums, the thing that I don't understand is how's that an issue. Neither CS nor HS has any in game administration perms, so mixing us up wouldn't really affect anyone in my point of view. Also so far everyone recognised me as HS just fine, not really seeing it as an issue.

Changing any colours would only create more confusion as people are now used to seeing us in game as orange and on forums as grey and etc.
Last edited by Smaguris; May 7, 2017 at 04:29 PM.