Toribash
Original Post
Ingame scripting
It would be nice to be able to script in toribash instead of having to do it in notepad and switching back and forth reloading the script, maybe have a pop up window where you can type code in and not have to switch back and forth constantly reloading it, unless ive been doing it wrong this whole time. if im doing something wrong rn someone tell me how to do it right, kthnx.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
couldnt you have toribash and notepad open at the same time with notepad editing the script and then when you are done editing save it and reload the script in toribash?
My way or no way, totalatarian.
i meant a way to where we wont need to type it out in notepad and reload it in toribash but do it in toribash itself, and we see what we type in real time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Wouldn't real time script loading be a little unstable though? Just a thought, I feel like it's a good idea, but I don't think real time script loading would work too well. Would be interesting to see though. Certainly be more user friendly.
Real time scripting would be extremely unstable, but a kind of "refresh" button for the game environment isn't a bad idea, and although my scripting knowledge is pretty minimal, I'm fairly sure its possible

i dont mean it updating as i type, but to where i dont have to reload the script every time i make a change its really annoying

this would be a neat feature for TBN
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Pretty sure it can be done now using a custom script.
Something like notepad++ would still be more useful.
I would either get Sublime Text 3 (Paid) or Notepad++ (Free) instead of using notepad since they both have Lua syntax highlighting. (Notepad is really bad for doing anything with code imo)

But I think that would be really useful for scripters.

(Pretty sure you mean it reloads the script on-save?)
Last edited by Cute; May 18, 2017 at 04:27 PM. Reason: stuff
<3 This game was a huge part of my childhood, thank you to everyone I interacted with. I'm sure there's some I've forgotten, but some I haven't.
yeah it reloads on save

i just find it montonous to reload the script everytime , and im already using notepad ++
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message: