Toribash
Original Post
"Game-Dash" and "Game-Chain" -- More competitions by Jok?
Well I had this running thought today, and was wondering whether it was plausible and wanted.

What is Game-Dash?

Well, a small amount of coders get together, and fight it off to the DEATH! Basically we get a few entrants, and we set a time to start it off. From that point, everyone has 48 hours (or maybe a week?) to code up a small game, as good a game as they can. Best game at the end wins.

Rules:

-Don't start your game before the set time.
-You may use ANY programming language you wish. Lua, GML, C++, Python, Flash, Java, etc. Anything that I/judge can run, it's fine.
-You have to be able to provide a windows executable and source code.

Games will not have to be based around a theme, however a theme WILL add to your score.

That would be it. Would anyone like to see this happen?

If this can happen, and does happen, I will probably chain it with a second idea I have, Game-Chain. (Source code from the first game is posted, everyone on the forums that knows a bit of programming can add whatever they want to the game as long as they post their version of the code. Keep on going and going until the game is unique to TB forums as everyone chipped in with something.)

So what do you think?
===The Bank of Blam sponsors this event===
10k to the winner.

Thats if it happens ofc
:D
that sounds pretty neat. but i know nothing of coding. the chain-game sounds pretty awesome actually.
Last edited by isha; Dec 12, 2007 at 10:42 PM.
I r Batdude.
I think it's a great idea, it would be even cooler if I knew anything about coding lol...
This is the Emergency Alert System. All normal programming has been discontinued during this emergency.
I just thought of something... The Game-Chain thing wont really work unless there is many people who are good at the language the game is written in.
:D
fantastic idea. do we have to code from scratch, or can we use game development software...?
Last edited by Jam0864; Dec 13, 2007 at 01:06 AM.
that is kool its a pitty i moved other wise would have done more flash coding this year giving me the ability to make flash games
Originally Posted by Dexter
if god is with me and if i belived in god and im sure he is in the room with me, i just wish he brought a extention cord

do we have to code from scratch, or can we use game development software...?

I say we should code from scratch. Some Game Development Software is just cheating. *cough*Game Maker*cough*
omfg I sell muzik: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=80455

<veb> I want to see me giving hampa a bj
<veb> :D
<clownhunter> http://clothing.sitesled.com/How_veb...e_is_today.rpl
though the time is awfully short for a decent game.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
From a looong time ago:
[21:56]<Blam>ManBreakfast: Frunk wants to know why you banned him from IRC
[21:56]<ManBreakfast>oh, fuck
[21:56]=-=Mode #toribash -b Frunk!*Frankie'sip by ManBreakfast