ES Recruitment Drive
I made the mother of all saves today, Gentleman is my witness.
LOOK AT THIS
Attached Files
adsasd.rpl (41.1 KB, 5 views)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Find the hidden shovel and uncover the secrets of my religion.
-snip-

10:17 PM <~Creati0n> GAS THE DUELERS
6:35 PM <&Fear> good job reta you are now the King Admin
6:35 PM <Typhon> Gj Reta god

some ll replays from that bet server I thought were cool
Attached Files
assa.rpl (54.8 KB, 6 views)
assadsa.rpl (51.9 KB, 6 views)
golf
Originally Posted by DruggedPanda View Post
Have been practicing a little bit with Sony Vegas and editing PUBG videos/frags.
Anyone have suggestions or CnC?

I usually keep the videos under 1 minute because I upload them to Instagram.

1. As already said above ditch any "fancy" transitions, stick to short (half a second max, quarter is better) crossfades, they look a lot tidier. People watch those videos for the gameplay, not to identify your software.

2. Your original recording was obviously muddy, you need to jack up the bitrate by a fuck ton.
If you're using either Quick Sync (via the Intel) or NVENC/Shadowplay then you NEED to kick the bitrate into stupidly high territory. They may be good for resources, but the quality is incredibly bad in comparison to software encoding unless you compensate for it.
Quick Sync you want to double the bitrate you'd expect to preserve quality (eg 20,000kbps QS is roughly on par with 10,000kbps soft), ideally use 40,000 - 50,000kbps.
NVENC you shouldn't touch at less than 60,000kbps for 1080p.

3. As a sequel to #2 - When encoding the final video use software encoding. Never use QS or NVENC for final output.
In Vegas that means setting the Encode Mode to "CPU only", it'll take a bit longer to encode but it'll make a big difference to quality.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
1. As already said above ditch any "fancy" transitions, stick to short (half a second max, quarter is better) crossfades, they look a lot tidier. People watch those videos for the gameplay, not to identify your software.

2. Your original recording was obviously muddy, you need to jack up the bitrate by a fuck ton.
If you're using either Quick Sync (via the Intel) or NVENC/Shadowplay then you NEED to kick the bitrate into stupidly high territory. They may be good for resources, but the quality is incredibly bad in comparison to software encoding unless you compensate for it.
Quick Sync you want to double the bitrate you'd expect to preserve quality (eg 20,000kbps QS is roughly on par with 10,000kbps soft), ideally use 40,000 - 50,000kbps.
NVENC you shouldn't touch at less than 60,000kbps for 1080p.

3. As a sequel to #2 - When encoding the final video use software encoding. Never use QS or NVENC for final output.
In Vegas that means setting the Encode Mode to "CPU only", it'll take a bit longer to encode but it'll make a big difference to quality.

Hmm, I'll consider some of those.
The bitrate for my shadowplay is atm set at 40Mbps. 60 fps.

I know in the video there was a part I forgot to disable resampling.
That was the motorcylce kill, so that looked pretty blurry/shitty when it comes to quality.

Also the game itself has pretty bad colors/washed out so I could have maybe played around with color correcting but I didn't this time. I'll see about encoding with just CPU though, not entirely sure what my current encoding settings do.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
Also the game itself has pretty bad colors/washed out so I could have maybe played around with color correcting but I didn't this time.

Reshader is pretty nice
FIRED UP
I made a little thing cuz I was bored.

Note: im not particularily good at this, I just do it as a hobby

Barrot (large)

(im)

Hmm, I'll consider some of those.
The bitrate for my shadowplay is atm set at 40Mbps. 60 fps.

I know in the video there was a part I forgot to disable resampling.
That was the motorcylce kill, so that looked pretty blurry/shitty when it comes to quality.

Also the game itself has pretty bad colors/washed out so I could have maybe played around with color correcting but I didn't this time. I'll see about encoding with just CPU though, not entirely sure what my current encoding settings do.

Give OBS + Quick Sync a poke, way less system hit using the Intel GPU for the encode and it's better quality at the same bitrate. NVENC is trash for HD unless you do 60Mbps+ (You need over 100Mbps to get close to 1to1 with it - which is ~12megabyte a second without taking audio into consideration).
Can't really expect more since the encoder Nvidia use was only made for streaming to Shield devices.

Deffo encode the final vid with the CPU though with the slowest settings you can, it makes the world of difference unless you want to be uploading files 4x bigger and hoping the converter at the other end doesn't arsefuck it.

You could also look into a dedicated recording machine, even scabby Skylake Pentiums can record A+ via Quick Sync so long as you have a *good cap device to feed it. You could make one for around £150 + the cost of a cap device, not like they need a dedicated GPU or other pricey bullshit people like to claim unless you edit on it too.

*not Elgato, they're too unstable these days

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Give OBS + Quick Sync a poke, way less system hit using the Intel GPU for the encode and it's better quality at the same bitrate. NVENC is trash for HD unless you do 60Mbps+ (You need over 100Mbps to get close to 1to1 with it - which is ~12megabyte a second without taking audio into consideration).
Can't really expect more since the encoder Nvidia use was only made for streaming to Shield devices.

Deffo encode the final vid with the CPU though with the slowest settings you can, it makes the world of difference unless you want to be uploading files 4x bigger and hoping the converter at the other end doesn't arsefuck it.

You could also look into a dedicated recording machine, even scabby Skylake Pentiums can record A+ via Quick Sync so long as you have a *good cap device to feed it. You could make one for around £150 + the cost of a cap device, not like they need a dedicated GPU or other pricey bullshit people like to claim unless you edit on it too.

*not Elgato, they're too unstable these days

Funny note, new Windows 10 update for some reason didn't like my Sony Vegas running. It would completely freeze my screens/computer when I tried to run Sony Vegas. Sony Vegas would go unresponsive, and then after trying to close it it would freeze my computer up requiring me to reboot it.

Managed to fix the problem by rolling back the update to previous Windows 10 version. Good job Microsoft with ur shitty ass fucking updates...

\o/

Also

I went from $189 inventory to $600 inventory in 1 week lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
Actually the problem is with Vegas, Sony were incredibly bad at making sure their stuff worked on newer OS'. Think along the lines of forced upgrades. -_-'

OFC the fact that you're using a Sony version shows it's out dated, they sold Vegas to Magix a while back. 13 and older is basically trashed now, no support, no more updates, no working on newer OS'.
Means buying again, and no doubt it'll be unstable again since it's still running on the leaning tower of .net runtimes.

If you don't want to throw money at it or turn your machine into a virus factory with dodgy versions (which most do with Vegas Pro) you could grab DaVinci Resolve, Blackmagic let you have the standard version for free, it's not like you need studio features for game videos.

Hell even Adobe's unstable crap is better than Vegas these days. Shame, years ago it was pretty great.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you