Toribash
Originally Posted by Cuddle View Post
Do they use hollowgrams in pokemon tournaments like in Yu-Gi-Oh?

Lol no. Hollowgrams would be strange. We just strait up use cards. Cards and cards only. Oh yeah and dice, lots of dice.
I never played competively. I would play 4 vs 4 in a custom made set of rules. It was lots of fun. I mainly got my cards from an older friend who didnt want them anymore and gave them to me. Whe replayed it tough when my firend forgot his dungeon and dragon books and he brought the box where he had evertyhing about pokemon cards. Whe lended some cards to the 3 others that were with us and made memoires pop up.
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!
There is some crazy over/under-powered mechanics in the pokemon card game. I played it and magic the gathering for a while, and I ended up enjoying MTG more.
Pope of BnW[Torigod]Lord of WibblesYouTubeToriblog AdminInterface Artist
(,,゚Д゚) -"Become a fan. DO IT."

Hyperboloids of wondrous Light
Rolling for aye through Space and Time
Harbour those Waves which somehow Might
Play out God's holy pantomime

Also, Gubbin is neat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i still have no idea how to play the game, but i have a lot of cards, incl a sexy shiny butterfree.

i still prefer the look of yu-gi-oh, though.

[T]
#hi

Yeah I personally love the game, I used to be a serious collector of them and I still have lots of rare ones like Entei with a golden star next to his name, its strange how I used to thing that Venesaur and all of them 1st gens were very common but now they are really rare around here. Also, I like to dual with cards but I don't get the rules, can anybody find me a website with them cause I'm to lazy at the moment.

But at the moment I only play their games on DS.
hi.
Originally Posted by Umbre View Post
Yeah I personally love the game, I used to be a serious collector of them and I still have lots of rare ones like Entei with a golden star next to his name, its strange how I used to thing that Venesaur and all of them 1st gens were very common but now they are really rare around here. Also, I like to dual with cards but I don't get the rules, can anybody find me a website with them cause I'm to lazy at the moment.

But at the moment I only play their games on DS.

How-To-Play.
Similar to my old collection of Pokémon cards, I also have an old deck of YuGiOh! cards, most of which are also 1st or 2nd gen along with some of the holo cards and some legit egyptian god cards. Maybe I should get it valued?

I remember way back at school when kids used to collect whole lunchboxes full of pokémon cards... And only a couple of them ever played the game.
As far as I could tell, you couldn't really play unless you had a lot of those "power" cards for each element (like the fighting element card was a brown sphere with a black fist on it, and the normal element was a white sphere with a black 6 pointed star on it). And the levelling and evolution system was far beyond me (level X = wtf)
Also, I hated getting at least 1 ancient fossil card in every booster pack :[
Originally Posted by 4zb41 View Post
I had an old deck of 1st gen pokémon cards that surfaced during a house cleaning. Brought back a lot of memories, although I mostly just traded them for the cards I thought looked cool and didn't play the actual game too much.

Same here. I just collected them, and when I would play with friends we would just make up rules. I was way more into the games because they were alot more straightforward.
FUCKING MAGNETS EVERYWHERE IN THIS BITCH
Originally Posted by 4zb41 View Post
I had an old deck of 1st gen pokémon cards that surfaced during a house cleaning. Brought back a lot of memories, although I mostly just traded them for the cards I thought looked cool and didn't play the actual game too much.

Basically what I did. I ended up with around two hundred "cool cards" that are somewhere in my house. Also yugioh (?) cards.
Last edited by fat0ninja; Apr 25, 2011 at 01:34 PM.
LIGHTING FROM MY EYES
Well i hate losing..toribash...mordern warefare..black ops...especially on pkmns ...trading card even on the nds TT-TT but i never lose on pkmn lol..

Anyway trading cards for me i just collection them till i got em all ..still missing a few cards like a lot ..still i have. 1023 cards total

click here