ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Redundant View Post
Nor did I talk about illegal immigration exclusively, as you will find if you'd kindly read my post carefully.
And no, that is not what he only mentioned. If you read his post carefully, he clearly supports the idea that being xenophobic will be proven to be incorrect by history. Xenophobia is not racism inherently. It is the idea that people oppose things that are strange to them, or fear them even.
In terms of this discussion it is clearly a substitute for "people who oppose immigration of any sorts". If opposing immigration of any sorts is racist or not is up for debate, I guess.
Additionally he calls them "jerks", which clearly shows his negative attitude towards those people.

Furthermore, if you'd read his posts he is clearly in favor of immigration of any sorts, which is what my post addresses, even if the quote I chose was incorrect my points remain as they are regardless.

First, I've never made being xenophobic and being anti-immigration synonymous. I've made the justification for the travel ban synonymous with being xenophobic, since almost all the justification being provided has been xenophobic in nature.

Second, I said "knee jerk", as in impulsive or reactionary.

Third, none of my posts have shown my position on immigration. All of them have been on my position on the travel ban. They are related, but different, subjects.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post

Third, none of my posts have shown my position on immigration.

Ah, my bad.
How are you?
Question:

Syrian Crisis: Did the cruise missiles the Trump administration ordered help make Syria a better place for Syrian civilians to stop the refugee/Syrian immigration crisis?

Interesting video to spark discussion:

This thing is maroon which means its a link so you should probably click this kiddo

EDIT:
I forgot to include the negative flip side but Oracle did a good thoughtful job of that below:
Last edited by Veoo; Apr 9, 2017 at 07:15 PM.
Probably not. Russia has a vested interest in keeping Assad in power, so trying to cripple the Syrian regime's air forces, while causing initial disruption, will just cause Russia to ramp up their efforts in the area. Notice it's not "may", it's "will". Russia has been willing to put more skin in the game, so their influence will be felt a lot stronger.

Ultimately, half-hearted military strikes will not topple the Syrian regime. If Trump actually wanted to nullify the regime's air superiority, he would have imposed a no-fly zone. It risks more lives on our side, but it's more effective than trying to destroy every airstrip.

Of course, this then leads the problem with Russia propping up the regime, but Russian influence in the Syrian conflict is not going to disappear with military action. Trump would need to perform some serious diplomatic negotiations to get Putin to back out of the region. Something I highly doubt he's capable of doing, considering they're both stubborn as a mule. Compromise is not in either of their dictionaries.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games