Ranking
Original Post
[REL] PARKOUR_CAVERN
Hello, and welcome

About

Created this mod last saturday night, set out to create a challenging parkour mod and experiment with "lightning" and I think I did pretty good job maybe.

Note that this mod is DIFFICULT and is not made to be played in MP, but if you do try it, best of luck you brave soul.

Featuring

128 completely unique(0 copy paste) objects, 16 are moveable
Challenging enviorments
Shaderless optimization
Stuff to smash through
Sneaky goblins!

Screenshots

click

Replays

By hunter
By Gentleman and iAcer

Post any replays you make here and I might request a video or something
Have fun
Attached Files
parkour_cavern.tbm (27.4 KB, 187 views)
Last edited by jisse; Aug 9, 2016 at 10:53 AM.
I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOUI LOVE YOU I LOVE YOUI LOVE YOU I LOVE YOUI LOVE YOU I LOVE YOUI LOVE YOU I LOVE YOUI LOVE YOU I LOVE YOUI LOVE YOU I LOVE YOUI LOVE YOU I LOVE YOUI LOVE YOU I LOVE YOUI LOVE YOU I LOVE YOUI LOVE YOU I LOVE YOUI LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU

okay seriously now. idk what can be seen as negative. it's gorgeous and i love it to bits.

I'm posting a replay tomorrow night no matter what i do.
Jun 2, 2023 - .best. day. ever.
Originally Posted by Xioi View Post
I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOUI LOVE YOU I LOVE YOUI LOVE YOU I LOVE YOUI LOVE YOU I LOVE YOUI LOVE YOU I LOVE YOUI LOVE YOU I LOVE YOUI LOVE YOU I LOVE YOUI LOVE YOU I LOVE YOUI LOVE YOU I LOVE YOUI LOVE YOU I LOVE YOUI LOVE YOU I LOVE YOUI LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU

okay seriously now. idk what can be seen as negative. it's gorgeous and i love it to bits.

I'm posting a replay tomorrow night no matter what i do.

XIOI SAID EVERYTHING.

Im definitly hyped to try it.

I love the color choice, it look like one of those Skyrim Badass Cave
French Player, Old member of OFRO
Holy fuck that's immersive. I can't see anything bad about it. It's like you're a team of professional modmakers just sitting and no-lifing mods.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Your attention to detail and the way you use lightning/colour variations are exemplary. On top of that, the design on itself feels very natural, albeit a few objects looking like they have little to no support.

Mind blowing work
I see someone has watched the first hobbit movie :P

I frikken love the idea and it's actually something I've thought of doing but never got to it because my old age lacks creativity, but you've managed to execute it super well. Great job!

However!
To me the path feels kind of random, not saying that you spammed objects aimlessly, but I can't see what you are trying to do, what the goal is. I had to fly through the mod and at each obstacle I was like "hmm is this an obstacle or just for show?".
So all I have to suggest is that try give your parkour mods a clear goal.

One more thing, are those things torches? Or are they some kind of trigger? I can't tell
Parkour like you've never seen before:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=423045
Really nice mod, never been so exited to make a replay on a mod, i still cant get the amazing detail out of my mind.
EMS (Emergency Medical Services) | PT
não dói joca
Pretty much what xlr said. I love the detail and lighting and I am certainly gonna try to make a replay, but I can't really see the path I'm supposed to take. I can see this mod being fantastic for cinematic videos though. Fantastic job.
|Opener by Xioi|#KillTheScootCork|
|Replays|
"Cool delfin med solglajjor" -Larfen
NICE CONCEPT !

I love the idea,i gonna make a replay ! Thank's man <3
"Wining is teaching,Losing is learning"
Originally Posted by xlr84life View Post
I see someone has watched the first hobbit movie :P

I frikken love the idea and it's actually something I've thought of doing but never got to it because my old age lacks creativity, but you've managed to execute it super well. Great job!

However!
To me the path feels kind of random, not saying that you spammed objects aimlessly, but I can't see what you are trying to do, what the goal is. I had to fly through the mod and at each obstacle I was like "hmm is this an obstacle or just for show?".
So all I have to suggest is that try give your parkour mods a clear goal.

One more thing, are those things torches? Or are they some kind of trigger? I can't tell

Originally Posted by Mack View Post
Pretty much what xlr said. I love the detail and lighting and I am certainly gonna try to make a replay, but I can't really see the path I'm supposed to take. I can see this mod being fantastic for cinematic videos though. Fantastic job.

At first my aim was to create a freeroam type mod, hence the rather large amount of "unused" objects. Personally I dislike parkour mods with one specific path, to me every replay on a mod like that looks the same and it gets boring quickly. Path specific mods are also much more tiresome to make imo, I like the challenge of having to utilize objects for more than one thing, for example a bar can be used both for swinging and for climbing to a higher location. I try to stick to this concept the best my low attentionspan is capable of, it is much more rewarding to me.

So yes that's what I tried to do here, but I soon realized I didn't have enough objects to create a freeroam mod with this amount of detail so at first I wanted to split the mod into three seperate for a total of 384 objects. Around 80-ish objects I hit a wall and gave up the idea because I didn't like how the mod was turning out.

I originally had more paths set up that I had to remove because of the lack of objects and this is why the mod looks botched. Transforming a freeroam mod into a path-specific one isn't really optimal, would not recommend :v

You shouldn't need to follow a path either, I dislike the idea but I don't actually play my mods other than for testing purposes so it's there as an option. I love to see when people do some off the path whacky shit and I encourage modmakers to give players the option to do that. This might be why it's hard to make out the path, also the mod is pretty strange so I guess that factors in a lot.

aye those things are torches

Thanks for the feedback and praise mates!
And Swepples that's the most motivational thing I've heard all month