Toribash
still, kids who want to buy something would be forced to ask their parents. I really don't think purely cosmetic items on Toribash are going to look appealing to a lot of parents. The younger players (most players) need ways to get items that don't involve cash money. Otherwise, only a select few would ever have items
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Pindar View Post
still, kids who want to buy something would be forced to ask their parents. I really don't think purely cosmetic items on Toribash are going to look appealing to a lot of parents. The younger players (most players) need ways to get items that don't involve cash money. Otherwise, only a select few would ever have items

first of all, how many of these young players are marketeers?

now why should we care about how they will get it. if they will start to sell their butt on street to strangers, i don't give a fuck.

$5 is pretty much legit price tag for microtransaction. and to assume that our glorious target market is so broke that don't even have $5 a month is completely insane.

if it's not clear you MUST create hoops for players in f2p game to force em to pay for microtransactions. want it all and want it now? donate.

why it's so complicated?...

all toribash items have no gameplay value and bring no gameplay advantages.

no matter if you have orc or demon force, therefor it's only customization.

in short: if you want to look cool now - donate. if you want to look cool but don't want to spend a dime - jump hoops untill you will get it.

ONLY LOOKS

overall last thing you should care about is what is going to be the most comfortable for your customers. it's always a balance.
in f2p games it's a balance between what players are ready to pay for and how much of content you may make accessible for everyone while having desired profit.

and to answer your part on how to make sure peoplee will have items etc - pricing.

all required is to make up a statistics of average income per day and set pricing based on timeframes required to obtain items, since time is the only value free players spend.

i hope it was more or less clear.
Last edited by snake; Oct 7, 2013 at 11:50 AM.
Originally Posted by snake View Post
allow to sell items back to shop but with huge discount. problem solved

I'm sorry, but that is a rather weak counter proposal to the points I brought up.
Having the option to sell items for far less than what you bought them initially for is not an option for many players.
Your other statements do not counter anything I said either. Particularly your statement regarding the art texture market makes it evident that you have no proper model in your head.
Feel free to think of appropriate counters, otherwise this is a rather pointless discussion.
How are you?
Originally Posted by Redundant View Post
I'm sorry, but that is a rather weak counter proposal to the points I brought up.
Having the option to sell items for far less than what you bought them initially for is not an option for many players.
Your other statements do not counter anything I said either. Particularly your statement regarding the art texture market makes it evident that you have no proper model in your head.
Feel free to think of appropriate counters, otherwise this is a rather pointless discussion.

it's better option than not being able to sell it back anyway, isn't it?
do i need to mention that most f2p games use this practice?
Which is one reason toribash is better than other games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]