Toribash
Original Post
Dedicated Servers
Give Players the ability to Host dedicated Servers (there was a way back in 4-5 years) to host Ladders and really big tourneys. This game is all about 1on1, so give us a way to host our own leagues and tourneys without that forum. Hosting a Ladder is a pain in the a** at the moment and gives us not the freedom we should have to support the community and Toribash as an E-Sport title.
What's the difference between regular private room you can make and a dedicated server you're suggesting? You can make a room and host a tournament there, private rooms are the same as static - with the exception that they lost their name and get hidden from the server list when everyone leaves them.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
What's the difference between regular private room you can make and a dedicated server you're suggesting? You can make a room and host a tournament there, private rooms are the same as static - with the exception that they lost their name and get hidden from the server list when everyone leaves them.

It costs 10,000tc for people to go to your tournament that you are willing to give away items in, so what's the point?

It's way too rare for a normal player to have his own tournament because of the fact globaling costs too much for that type of event.
Originally Posted by sir View Post

Im not able to host that server 24/7 only when im using a bot on my root, Which not givs me the features i get when hosting the whole server on my root. Specially when tryin to host a more accurate Ladder or big Tourneys, bots are not that good for that.

It just gives me much more freedom and isnt a big thing to add to toribash. (There already was that feature)
Last edited by Shakky; Nov 21, 2014 at 05:18 PM.
Originally Posted by StinkyNice View Post
It costs 10,000tc for people to go to your tournament that you are willing to give away items in, so what's the point?

It's way too rare for a normal player to have his own tournament because of the fact globaling costs too much for that type of event.

Yeah, and that's why we have a whole team of users who host tournaments. If it was free for everyone to make a global, imagine how chat would look like.

Also I didn't really understand why you think that it costs 10k for players to compete in your tournament, unless you make them pay something it's always free.

Originally Posted by Shakky View Post
Im not able to host that server 24/7 only when im using a bot on my root, Which not givs me the features i get when hosting the whole server on my root. Specially when tryin to host a more accurate Ladder or big Tourneys, bots are not that good for that.

It just gives me much more freedom and isnt a big thing to add to toribash. (There already was that feature)

Why would you need a server running 24/7 when you're not going to be there? If you want to organize a ladder / big tournament that requires people playing without the hoster at some specific time they agree on, let them do that in a private room. It's even more convenient as this way they won't have to wait for other players in the room.

All the events are organized like that for more than 5 years now, I honestly don't see any reason to change this. Allowing people host their own servers would mean that they won't get TC and qi there, I doubt that there will be lots of people who agree to play there. After all, if your event is going to be super great and awesome and there's a reason for it to have a 24/7 room, feel free to shoot a PM to me or Gamemasters and it'll probably be added for some time while your event is live.
Last edited by sir; Nov 21, 2014 at 06:50 PM.
But when i let them do it in a private room, i cant track the fights and need the replays. The Replays on the other hand first need a confirmation that this replay is actual (there is no timestamp or im wrong?) and its alot of work to check every matchup specially in some kind of a Ladder.

And you say dedicated server means no tc and qi gain, tc ok yeah thats the same in private servers but why no qi? That already worked years ago when im not wrong?

Edit: And yes i know that the whole problem i have is do able with a Bot.
-----
As an example for what i want that:

Ladder System on a Homepage, Players press "Match up" and the System gives you an oponent in your ELO range, System hosts Server and gives the name to players, they join, both type start or whatever and the Fight starts (Bo3 or whatever) after the fight the server reports the Score automaticly to the Homepage, new Ranking appears.
Last edited by Shakky; Nov 21, 2014 at 08:15 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Well, that basically looks like the matchmaking system we had in 4.4 or so (I don't really remember when it was added and then removed, might be mistaking). Didn't have the feature to match players by their ELO and was only qi-based, but still very similar. We had some plans of remaking that system and getting it back to future releases, can't say anything specific about it now.

If I understand you correctly, you want to be able to host rooms on your own server, and this way any games played there won't be recognized by the system. Thus there won't be any TC earnings (even if you have a booster), same for qi and all other stuff including ranking. Perhaps giving out info on setting up the server can have some potential for such projects, though I'm pretty sure that if you're capable of creating a proper matchmaking system hampa would be happy to have it added to the official website / game client.