Ranking
Original Post
Advanced tutorial: OVERHEAD THROWS.(updated)
The next lesson(VATT) is mostly ment for Judo mode, it may work on the others.
Legend:
II The most important bit.
II Basic example.
II Reversing it
II General information
+edit:Minor addition in the reversing it part, as well as replay added, there are other instances of this happening.+minor typos
edit2:Added a replay showing an otherwise ok save gone bad from the power of the throw.This is MULTIPLAYER replay
Very Advanced Toribasher Tutorial:
Overhead throws

Well, this is hard as there are no generic move sets for this part, however, it requires advanced control and knowledge of how your character will act (since the normal ghost shows only how you would do if there weren't an opponent clinging you, and at times the b can't be trusted), it's parts and their control.

Probably the easiest way to give you an overhead throw in Singleplayer (go for judo mode, aka space = 70 ticks).

tori(you)
Grab hands
Extend elbows.
Contract pecs.
Contract abs.
uke(for the sake of realism of a multiplayer game)
Grab hands
Contract pecs.
Extend elbows.(why extend elbows? for the sake to prevent them bending in case of accident, and countering the infamous ''arm goes mangled'' bug i've met a million times now)
-space-
Tori(you)
Raise shoulders
Extend abs
Extend pecs
Extend hips
Extend ankles(usually adds more power)
-space-

Now you got your opponent in a nasty throw, the choices are yours, kick forward for massive vertical twirl. Add power from chest, glutes et.c. for sidewards power to the throw, however, due to laws of gravity and whatnot, if your opponent does nothing, or tries to do everything, he will be slamming the ground, it takes some skill and luck to get out of this nasty place. A simple variation of the move is linked, use the webpage which find out the moves used to get the exact moves i used.
Note that controlling your shoulders does a great deal on YOUR position when in mid air, i used it to stay on the center when the uke did the full circle. I gave that one a little name of my own, wheel of misfortune, because i personally think it's really a bitch to get out of!

Also, if the opponent adds extra power to it, and you're on the receiving end, you gotta be careful you won't break anything when landing. So far, shoulder and chest control, as well as using legs to shift weight are only ways to reverse this, but they must be done at the right time, you need to practice the reversing yourself, as most often the throw is never the same it was before.
Also, tip to longer lifespan, never use a move that someone invented against themself, they know the perfect reverses ;)
Addition: After doing this a few times with shademonger, there were instances where limbs were broken by the speed of the move alone. Hampa's opinion is as follows: "It's probably a feature :P". Yay ^^

Also, this is the most generic move, the overhead throw is best executed whenever you're being the underdog, or playing the possum as an underdog, secretly going for this move. However, the stuff used for this move are always the same.

Legs(all of it) for the initial upward pushing power. Must have enough friction to do it. This can be done with ease from the 'squatting stance' and 'frog stance' too.
Shoulders either on default, or pointed downwards. Gives the power to the arc-like movement, as well as means between life and death up in the air...
Abs for adding to the latter mentioned.
Pecs for adding the "i just need an inch more power to be safe" thing.
(additional)
(Chest, for adding the rotation for 'crooked' throw, which won't go very high up, but can come with awesome results)
(Glutes, for adding to the latter.)
And finally, hoping you read your opponent right and he/she does just what you thougth they would, to make the throw possible.

Here's a simple variation promised earlier:

[attachment deleted by admin, limit reached]
What what? In the butt.
Re: Advanced tutorial: OVERHEAD THROWS.
Oh wow, that is one LARGE and AWESOME tutorial. Love it
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
Re: Advanced tutorial: OVERHEAD THROWS.(updated)
now i dont mean to be down but i specialize in the judo server and i found one of the more exiting parts of the game to find special ways to do pins and slams and ive come up with some pretty impressive stuff
but i think that if we just teach this stuff to all of the newbs it'll take the fun out of this game for them now im not saying the basic tutorials such as punch kick and grab are a bad idea just that if we get too advanced in this itll only make all newbs lose interest quickly
that is all and im sorry for being all negative and i think its a great guide but it may be too advanced to make a tutorial about
(this is my longest post EVER)
sincerely yours
Rubby
Don't worry, it's a high risk manouver and has a great chance of yourself breaking something or falling on your head if you do it wrong

And why wouldn't we teach the newbies(and the more advanced ones) more advanced moves? There's thousands of move combination possibilities open no matter what! The more the challenge, the funner *sage nod*
And don't worry, i specialize in pins, slams, aerial and balance, i just like variety ;)

PS. It's a rare occasion that i appear in anywhere but Judo 1.
What what? In the butt.
id like to see you there sometime
Originally Posted by Foxie
Well, this is hard as there are no generic move sets for this part, however, it requires advanced control and knowledge of how your character will act (since the ghost shows only how you would do if there weren't an opponent clinging you), it's parts and their control.

Not true foxie, if you press B, it will show you both ghosts and their reactions to eachother.
Since i've last used it (today) it has only shown where their last action is leading, that, or in 99% of the cases, what would happen if they're completely stiff and detached. oO either i'm bugging or something's funky.

However, i was talking about multiplayer there(the tut is ment for that anyhoo), and to this day i've not seen very trustable replay with b(cause them buggers move! XP), so i don't use it except in very desperate cases ;P

What what? In the butt.
You know what?

The upgrade should come with... like.. a mage class. And they could cast Paralyze like the little non-violent wankers they are and make you fall over and lose.
I fail to see the relivance of that post to this topic....
Originally Posted by ManBreakfast
You know what?

The upgrade should come with... like.. a mage class. And they could cast Paralyze like the little non-violent wankers they are and make you fall over and lose.

And a rogue that doess Extend abs extend hips extend pecs from behind.
What what? In the butt.