Ranking
Original Post
[TN] Who is Who: hampa

Hampa

Hello Toribashers it's ToriNews here with another interview
We all know who hampa is, as the creator of Toribash he's the one who calls all the shots. Whether its making new and awesome features for Toribash, or banning dirty Russian hackers, he is the one, the only, hampa!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<jusmi> So, you've been in many interviews, and there isn't too much that we haven't talked about. But I think I know a few questions that might be interesting. To start off, can you tell us a bit more about how Nabi was started?

<hampa> Toribash needed a proper private limited company to run. It makes things a lot easier when dealing with 3rd parties such as payment providers. Starting a company is not that hard, registering Nabi I did onilne and it took a few hours to get it approved.

<jusmi> Very interesting. So Toribash was around before Nabi. After you created Nabi, did you have anything planned for it besides Glitch Racer?

<hampa> Yes, Toribash was around before Nabi. Toribash takes all my time so any other games like Glitch Racer are on the backburner.

<jusmi> What would you do if you had a trusted team to maintain Toribash while you worked on other things?

<hampa> I'd start by releasing Glitch Racer

<jusmi> That'd be pretty neat. So, is there anything you'd think the Toribash community would be shocked to know about you?

<hampa> I suck at Wushu.

<jusmi> How do you feel about the community and how much it's grown since you've released Toribash, did you ever think it'd become this big?

<hampa> It is fun, always something going on there that I can enjoy.

<jusmi> If there was a regularly hosted ToriCon each year somewhere, do you think you'd show up every year?

<hampa> Yes, definitely

<jusmi> Not many people know it, but you enjoy making music and EDM, in fact we used to have a SoundCloud group for Toribash producers. Would you perhaps like to share some of your favorite genres or songs?

<hampa> On my Spotify I have everything from dub to classical. I'm listening to a jazz mix now. Perfect for Sundays. After moving to Asia I had a hard time finding music, iTunes was never available, internet too slow for streaming. Last year I managed to get a Spotify subscription running, best thing ever.

<jusmi> If you weren't the creator of Toribash, and just a normal player, where do you think you'd be, and what would you be doing?

<hampa> I'd probably play a lot of Aikido and work on my texture set

<jusmi> There are a ton of clans on Toribash, you probably don't know half of them, but what would be your favorite besides MAD?

<hampa> I haven't been involved enough with clans to say.

<jusmi> Are there any other games out there that you play, and recommend your community try?

<hampa> I try to play the games from friends or people I know. Papers please is a good one.

<jusmi> I think we can wrap things up. Is there anything you'd like to say to your community before we end this interview?

<hampa> We are in the middle of a server migration where we moving the game to faster machines. There will be some downtime in the upcoming week or so but after that the game should run faster.

<jusmi> We're done. Thanks a lot for taking time out to be interviewed!

Last edited by ManlyPotato; Jan 28, 2014 at 06:36 PM.
<BISH> kick chan my modes are moving on their own~
<Shook> FLAGGOTS
That was really nice. Keep up the good interviews
-----
But also really short
Last edited by XeV0; Jul 20, 2014 at 09:09 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
-Ermac begotten soul - begotten ninja @KillshiftGamers-Parkour/Spar forever-[Origin] my story has just begun
really good i wanted to know because he thinks the elven hat is a raven hat