Ranking
Original Post
Laptop broke
Hey I’m not sure where to post this so I’m just gonna post it here.

I reset my laptop so that I could end te permanent “not enough disc space” pop up. However, when I reset it got stuck on 90% for like an hour or so, so I powered down my laptop and powered it back on again only to find it on a permanent boot loop. Please help.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Does your laptop even start windows or is it stuck in the BIOS?

Also what laptop do you have (brand etc)?
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It’s a Lenovo ideapad 100S, it gets stuck on the BIOS (it shows the normal Lenovo text then goes to a black screen and displays the text again and keeps looping)
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Sounds like a hard drive issue. You should bring it to a tech repair shop if you're not sure what you're doing, replacing a hard drive in laptop can get messy really quickly if you haven't done it before. Of course I might be wrong too, but I'm fairly certain.

Also you might have some luck posting here: http://forum.toribash.com/forumdisplay.php?f=411
I heard something before about removing the battery manually and only using the charger to power it? Idk I may be wrong. Not trying anything manually until I can get solid info and not taking it to a shop because I don’t have big toridollars to pay them rn. Going through a rocky time
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Right right. Well if you're stuck in a boot loop like that then taking out your battery won't do any good since it's not power related issue as I understand. Of course you can still attempt it as it isn't difficult at all and you can't get it wrong, but I wouldn't place my bets on it fixing anything.

If you can access BIOS settings and fiddle around with those you might have some luck e.g. resetting everything to default and whatnot. However, there is not much you can do without taking the thing apart and manually troubleshooting. Your best bet is to find a tech savvy person to take a look at it.
Rip, I’ll try something tomorrow afternoon. Why did you retire from hs smh

I’ll let you know how it goes
-----
Hi so I can get into the BIOS menu but I’m not sure what to do besides BIOS back flash. Hoping that will just restore my laptop to factory defaults.. correct me before I do something stupid
Last edited by lily; Apr 24, 2018 at 08:46 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Yeah sounds like you need a new hard drive. Good news is that hard drives are fairly cheap, being 20$-40$. The bad news is that you will definitely need a tech savvy guy to replace it.

Also you might try to insert a CD/USB with operating system and see if it boots into the installation process, just in case.
If you powered down the laptop during an update theres a fair chance you corrupted some OS files.

Edit: lol ninjad
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa