Ranking
As long as it remains that their are absolutely ZERO deaths related directly to the intake of marijuana, i see no problem with it being legalized. Especially when legal pharmaceuticals kill upwards of 20,000 people a year(22,134 deaths in 2015 relating directly to pharmaceutical overdose). and yes, I would hope people would be responsible enough to not drive while under the influence of being marijuana if they feel as if they are too high to drive properly. Driving under the influence of marijuana has never been harder for me than driving sober. I do not agree about it "doubling" the risk of a car accident, and if that is so, then alcohol must increase the risk of a car accident by 20x, and yet the american government sees no problem with that being legal and regulated, even when it is responsible for the deaths of 80,000+ deaths a year not including car accidents. I personally see no problem with the legalization of marijuana. A study found that in 2010, when busts reached about 750,000, the cost of arrests amounted to more than $3.6 billion. There is absolutely no reason to spent this amount of money on some stoners who want to get high and order a shit ton of dominoes when that extra $3.6 billion could be used on actual problems like criminals, rapists, and murderers instead of a fucking plant.
Last edited by Chilledon; Apr 24, 2018 at 06:34 PM.
[My Replays] | [Aether] | [PM Me For Request Mods] | [Tricktionary]
[Static] | [Xioi] | [♥2WC♥] | [iFred] | [Oblivion]
Originally Posted by Chilledon View Post
As long as it remains that their are absolutely ZERO deaths related directly to the intake of marijuana, i see no problem with it being legalized. Especially when legal pharmaceuticals kill upwards of 20,000 people a year(22,134 deaths in 2015 relating directly to pharmaceutical overdose). and yes, I would hope people would be responsible enough to not drive while under the influence of being marijuana if they feel as if they are too high to drive properly. Driving under the influence of marijuana has never been harder for me than driving sober. I do not agree about it "doubling" the risk of a car accident, and if that is so, then alcohol must increase the risk of a car accident by 20x, and yet the american government sees no problem with that being legal and regulated, even when it is responsible for the deaths of 80,000+ deaths a year not including car accidents. I personally see no problem with the legalization of marijuana. A study found that in 2010, when busts reached about 750,000, the cost of arrests amounted to more than $3.6 billion. There is absolutely no reason to spent this amount of money on some stoners who want to get high and order a shit ton of dominoes when that extra $3.6 billion could be used on actual problems like criminals, rapists, and murderers instead of a fucking plant.

You assert there are 0 deaths related to marijuana, could you cite your source? Could you also cite your source for alcohol deaths? I am relatively sure that you are using misleading data, but prove me wrong.

If you genuinely think that driving high is fine then you should be put behind bars. That is massively irresponsible and frankly you're a danger to your community. Sure, alcohol is legal, and as a result drink driving is a major problem. You are asserting that because drunkards are allowed to kill people on the roads, so too should potheads be allowed to cause a pile-up.

You also say that you would "hope" people would be responsible enough to not drive high, but if people were truly responsible enough to do anything, we wouldn't need laws. You cannot blindly hope that everything will be fine, and then when shit hits the fan go "oh, we need to do something."

Sure, people overdose on legal pharmaceuticals often, but I do not give a shit. So long as they die quickly and don't cost the healthcare service any money, overdose away, I say.

AHHHHHH IT BURNS

this shit has turned into garbage

Personally I wouldn't allow anyone under 20 to smoke weed, there would be designated public places to smoke it, as well as places to buy it, safely in set amounts per week. If you want to smoke while you drive you will need to apply for a tolerance test in which experience weed smokers will judge how high you can get and still operate efficiently, but that is still iffy tbh. If youre at home smoke as much as you want
Originally Posted by Micah View Post

Personally I wouldn't allow anyone under 20 to smoke weed, there would be designated public places to smoke it, as well as places to buy it, safely in set amounts per week. If you want to smoke while you drive you will need to apply for a tolerance test in which experience weed smokers will judge how high you can get and still operate efficiently, but that is still iffy tbh. If youre at home smoke as much as you want

haha i like the part you say regulate it when there has never been an O/D on weed in the history of it unless accompanied by another narcotic.
No reason for regulation unless it was getting into a illegal trade which they are attempting to counter act of course. so in this case the regulations are only in the eyes of the public for voting matter of it being "safe" when the "drug" itself is already safe and has been for as long as the earth has been around. Its proven by many different researchers that marijuana actually proactively makes you more cautious and less likely to radically drive.
I as well drive blitzed every day and tbh im 22 and if i didnt smoke weed i woulda been written off the road by now. ive been in 3 accidents, each time for anger. i hadnt smoked weed until a year after my second accident. and the 3rd i wasnt driving lol

Everyone knows you cant o/d on marijuana, you can on almost anything else even water. so whats that tell you? the grandmas of this world is what we are trying to please. they hear regulation and believe it will be a better street. when the street is already filled with what is considered now crime when someone deals a fucking gram in front of retired peoples homes. yes selling legally (fuck that regulation wording is all for media) would clean up your street grandma cause no one else going to be buying it infront of your door if its legalized. and if they regulate it then people are going to have to make more trips to get the product rather than them having as much as they can purchase and making a one trip. seems counter productive dont you think?
Regulation! Right get it for those oldies that think its gonna make you jump out your window reefer madness bullshit. but once we got the votes remove that pussy "feelings" shit cause its all about everyones opinions rather than what good it would do. And sure it could affect the younger generation but thats where the only regulation part should be played in the youth of lesser than 18-20 for world wide. underdeveloped minds dont need that shit yet. This isnt an opinion, just regulation is a "Yes parents ill get A+'s on my report card for a year if you buy me an xbox!"
Its a trade.
Last edited by Mikes; Apr 24, 2018 at 11:32 PM.
"People never grow up, they just learn how to act in public."—Bryan White
I mean yeah loosen regulations in the future, but until people are not crying about it, keep the regulations until they accept it. Most of the people who do not want it legalized have never touched it anyway because "not in my good christian house" as they proceed to hate gay people lul. Either way there is no way of getting around regulations at this point and time whether we want to or not. Make them happy so we get what we want, and if that is just me having to drive 3 extra miles to go to a weed park, then fuck yes.
-----
and not regulated in a sense of how much you can smoke; Where you smoke it at.
Last edited by Micah; Apr 24, 2018 at 11:32 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Idk. Special places seems dumb...you should be able to smoke. In my country they will not legalise anytime soon but i am verry pleased that other countrys have an opened mind.
From personal example i can say that i have passed half of my life on drugs, not just weed. Now i know my substance and i am much more aware. Besides that i live a very productive and fullfilling life. Everybody should be free to make their own decission but also everybody should be informed. Young minds are easy and proned to derail. So yeah, 18 or over...even if this does nothing.
Driving might be an issue. Usually you are aware but some people can get very wasted and sick. So if u are driving and a friend lights up some rlly strong sht, you might not even notice that you cant drive anymore until to late.

My conclusion is to be responsable and everybody should make their decissions, good or bad.

Health care...fuck healthcare. At least that is what the govt ows you, after all the bullshit they do.
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Originally Posted by Lost View Post

Please keep convo and arguments respectful and make sure they help further the argument.

Let's keep it civil shall we?

Driving high is dangerous. I am going to stop humouring people who think it isn't after this post, because at this point you're just denying facts. I'm not saying that driving while high would be legal if weed were, what I am saying is that more people would drive high illegally. I keep on bringing it up because I feel it has not been addressed. How would you stop people from driving high? All I've got so far is "we hope people know when they are too high to drive, and don't." That doesn't address the issue I'm raising even slightly. Yes, it is safer to drive high than drive drunk, that doesn't mean we facilitate an increase prevalence of driving high.

Why do people encourage people to drink? As someone who is essentially teetotal, I'm not 100% sure on that one. I couldn't provide a fully educated comment. I assume because it's an activity like any other, in the same vein as "Nico, let's go bowling!" However, because others do it doesn't really constitute a suitable excuse to do most questionable things, never mind do drugs. I don't see why you should have to rely on taking drugs as a social activity, just do something else.

I mean, your point on reiterating the same thing several times goes both ways. You always reply that since smoking/alcohol is legal, weed should be, which I rebuked by saying that you shouldn't make it legal just because things that are worse are legal. It's bad, it should be illegal. Simple.

The topic of discussion is the legalisation of weed. I am arguing my case to keep it illegal. If you want to progress the discussion, argue an actual case. You keep telling me that weed is essentially harmless, which it isn't. You keep telling me that driving high is safe, which it isn't. So in a sense, I can't progress the discussion because you don't seem to agree with the facts I base my argument on.

I'd also appreciate it if you didn't attempt to silence me (that sounds more grandiose than I want it to, but fuck it) as I seem to be the only one on this side of the argument that is active in this thread.

Originally Posted by Mikes View Post
haha i like the part you say regulate it when there has never been an O/D on weed in the history of it unless accompanied by another narcotic.
No reason for regulation unless it was getting into a illegal trade which they are attempting to counter act of course. so in this case the regulations are only in the eyes of the public for voting matter of it being "safe" when the "drug" itself is already safe and has been for as long as the earth has been around. Its proven by many different researchers that marijuana actually proactively makes you more cautious and less likely to radically drive.
I as well drive blitzed every day and tbh im 22 and if i didnt smoke weed i woulda been written off the road by now. ive been in 3 accidents, each time for anger. i hadnt smoked weed until a year after my second accident. and the 3rd i wasnt driving lol

Everyone knows you cant o/d on marijuana, you can on almost anything else even water. so whats that tell you? the grandmas of this world is what we are trying to please. they hear regulation and believe it will be a better street. when the street is already filled with what is considered now crime when someone deals a fucking gram in front of retired peoples homes. yes selling legally (fuck that regulation wording is all for media) would clean up your street grandma cause no one else going to be buying it infront of your door if its legalized. and if they regulate it then people are going to have to make more trips to get the product rather than them having as much as they can purchase and making a one trip. seems counter productive dont you think?
Regulation! Right get it for those oldies that think its gonna make you jump out your window reefer madness bullshit. but once we got the votes remove that pussy "feelings" shit cause its all about everyones opinions rather than what good it would do. And sure it could affect the younger generation but thats where the only regulation part should be played in the youth of lesser than 18-20 for world wide. underdeveloped minds dont need that shit yet. This isnt an opinion, just regulation is a "Yes parents ill get A+'s on my report card for a year if you buy me an xbox!"
Its a trade.

True, you cannot OD on marijuana, but driving high IS dangerous, and weed CAN cause adverse health effects. Smh. Nobody has cited an actual source that says otherwise, so I'm sticking to my guns in this regard.

I mean yeah loosen regulations in the future, but until people are not crying about it, keep the regulations until they accept it. Most of the people who do not want it legalized have never touched it anyway because "not in my good christian house" as they proceed to hate gay people lul. Either way there is no way of getting around regulations at this point and time whether we want to or not. Make them happy so we get what we want, and if that is just me having to drive 3 extra miles to go to a weed park, then fuck yes.
-----
and not regulated in a sense of how much you can smoke; Where you smoke it at.

Not everyone who wants weed to be illegal is a staunch Christian conservative. I'm an otherwise liberal atheist, honest! ;-;

AHHHHHH IT BURNS
Originally Posted by DarkEmber View Post
I mean, your point on reiterating the same thing several times goes both ways. You always reply that since smoking/alcohol is legal, weed should be, which I rebuked by saying that you shouldn't make it legal just because things that are worse are legal. It's bad, it should be illegal. Simple.

Not everyone who wants weed to be illegal is a staunch Christian conservative. I'm an otherwise liberal atheist, honest! ;-;

1: Im not discussing this anymore, if you don't understand that you started the shit storm that's on you.

2: it was an example
I feel, that if substances like alcohol can be legal and it yields no medical benefit then marijuana should be legal. If we choose to regulate it the same way you would alcohol then there should not be a problem. In the end like all controlled substances there needs to be rules set in place. There is no reason alcohol should be legal and marijuana should not.

World Health Organization Document

This link lol. Darkember. You are not citing anything either. So where do you get your info? The media. Smh such hypocritical statements you make lol. Never have i ever had issue being high and driving. Helps me in my opinion.
Last edited by Mikes; Apr 27, 2018 at 07:15 AM.
"People never grow up, they just learn how to act in public."—Bryan White