Ranking
Yo Age of Empires 2's graphics are so good man I bet they had 1.5mil to spend on that game!!!
I am a brexit survivor.
Also sometimes i go outside and wonder why am I outside.
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Yo Age of Empires 2's graphics are so good man I bet they had 1.5mil to spend on that game!!!

And if u try hd steam version u'll probably spend 2 mil
That looks pretty nice, I wish I knew how to do that
I am a brexit survivor.
Also sometimes i go outside and wonder why am I outside.
Originally Posted by Qubic View Post
Blur, when do you think you'll be able to build/buy a new pc then?

Not for a very long time

also nice work on the animation
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
That looks pretty nice, I wish I knew how to do that

RT
looks pretty good
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
Hey ppl,
Eradeo, Tora, Jodus and Qubic: you all are working in a logo, i think. So it would be awesome if we can choose from 4 logos!!

-----

didn't know that side of u jodus, pretty good songs !!

I'll be doing it next week ;v

And thanks lol

PPL does anyone like age of empires 2?

Yo AoE2 was my game in childhood. But I dont have the steam version

Originally Posted by Qubic View Post
Alright guys final update on the mapping animation because I'm trying to document what I did a bit for future use. I used the "python-fu" console to implement a python script which does all of the math given some starting positions and angles for the objects and creates the paths for however many frames you'd like. I'll probably find a way to implement variable velocity/acceleration on the objects dependent on their angles in the future. I could adapt the code for any number of patterns and objects too! This one was pretty easy to create the functions for since there were just three circular paths. The functions themselves are pretty self explanatory if you know trig, but feel free to ask me any questions if you're so inclined.

Probably the biggest issue was figuring out how to get the numpy package linked in GIMP. Here is a link to the post which solved my problems after a while of getting nowhere. Hopefully that link never dies, but just in case I've saved the image within it.

Second biggest issue was with how python within GIMP was handling the numpy arrays and how float-int math was being done. It seems that between versions of python, float-int math is pretty inconsistent, so I got fed up with looking at documentation and just made everything a float until I needed to use a number for indexing. I also rounded to ints when I told GIMP where to draw, but that was unnecessary. The way I've indexed the numpy arrays in the script seem to work, but they were inconsistent from compiler to compiler.

I could improve the script by containing all patterns (in this case circles) within one array, having the number of columns equal to double the amount of objects (to include both x and y coordinates for each object), or include a third dimension for the number of objects. Then I'd just have to use some nested for loops instead of a lot of the copying and pasting I've done in the current code. I'll probably also update the script to create the desired number of layers and name them so you can just open up GIMP, create a new project, run the script, and be done.

Aaaaanyways, here's the python script in its current state:

Python Script

And below are some of the animations it produced. All have 15ms between frames, as it seems that's the lowest that Chrome will support. That's 66.67 fps, which is good enough for me. Each animation's number indicates how many frames make up a full loop.

WTF
Omg I've been trying to do something in python for months. I know some stuff but yeah, that's pretty awesome :O

Originally Posted by Blur View Post
never really tried it, I haven't had a good PC for over 7 years so I'm not really varied when it comes to games

and congrats on ES trial Martin ))

I can compile some of the best equipments to build a decent PC for much less than usual. I mean, you can find neat stuff in ebay, newegg, tigerdirect, etc. What could be your budget?

Also, Age of Empires 2 is not the game you are thinking about, i guess.
Cause i don't have a good pc and it runs perfectly. Look, this is the game (it's better than it seems)

I play Age of mythology since 2012, I love RTS games but I can't get used to the graphics of aoe2 :C
[MM]
Mi cuerpo es tuyo mew
Originally Posted by Jodus View Post
I can compile some of the best equipments to build a decent PC for much less than usual. I mean, you can find neat stuff in ebay, newegg, tigerdirect, etc. What could be your budget?

Probably nothing; I doubt I'm getting a good PC until next xmas since I lost my phone and had to get a new one this xmas lol