ES Recruitment Drive
My name is pakah!
Mah favurt coloh's black!
You bref really stank
So haffa tic tac!

凸[◣_◢]凸 PRAISE LID 凸[◣_◢]凸 FUCK THA HATERS 凸[◣_◢]凸 PUT THIS IN YO SIG IF U DOWN 凸[◣_◢]凸
Wow, that was a wonderful demonstration of the complexities and artistic difficulties of rap.
Personally, I prefer haiku.

My favorite:

Haikus can be fun
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refridgerator
This thread fails.. seriously.. just close it. Word..

I feel people should just keep their thoughts to themselves.. I mean constructive views are okay but bashing down anything is plain stupid.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and everyone got their own preference. Criticising other genres of music is no different from racism just that its not serious.

Some people replying to this gives no reason to hate it at all. "Rap is crap"
I mean, the term genre is there for a reason.. Classical music is classical musicm you put hip hop into the same genre as classical music, yeah i will say hip hop/rap music is off, totally crap if u compare it in terms of classical music.

Vice versa, if you put classical music under Hiphop/rap? Classical music is crap.

Just because some of you people do not like it and thinks its noise, be considerate to other people.
IMO, i hate rock/metal music... I can say the same thing, no music just screaming.. but i wouldnt tell that to everyone and start a flame war here or even better start a new thread titled "Rock/Metal Music"
Techno is noise to me too seriously.

Honestly, i listen to most music, and i like Ochestra and classical music, and i like hiphop/rap music too. And i would have to agree with you most raps are crap now.

However, the definition of hiphop is not just music but its their lifestyle hence why, them rapping about how they get from rags to riches. Yes, its repetitive, its boring, i agree, so like other posts mention, talib kweli, Mos Def, Kanye West, and many more are good producers/rappers.
Eminem , although i know many of you hate him i bet, he raps about different stuff not like big rims and money and blings like most other rappers.
Old producers like Dr Dre is good too. But thats old school rap.

The bottomline still is, its their lifestyle (hiphop). Give them credits for that, for the genre hiphop.

You said you can make beats in 30 sec. Oh yeah, good for you.. How about you standing on the stage in front of hundreds of people and start to freestyle rap to the beats? Can you do that? And the beats that you make might not even be suitable to rap in their terms.

People have their own preferences and their own strengths in something.. Rappers cant play the drums and you cant rap. So do not criticise what other people do.
Its like someone telling any of you here you cant play Toribash cause you are a noob in Judo.
Hell, you might own that person, who said you are a noob, in Taekwondo..

See tha point?

No offense though but ultimately this thread fails

I wouldnt even go on saying about others who did not even attempt to make it a point to state their reason to hate other genres of music.
IMO: 3/4 of rap is the performance.
The only thing I can see/hear walking down the hall is people jumping out yelling "Superman that hoe"

Now THAT's some class.
凸[◣_◢]凸 PRAISE LID 凸[◣_◢]凸 FUCK THA HATERS 凸[◣_◢]凸 PUT THIS IN YO SIG IF U DOWN 凸[◣_◢]凸
Lol id666 i dun even want to continue..
I finished my piece and people can flame me for all they want...
__________________________________________________ __________
parker-> Soulja Boy? lol ... sad to say in trend but thats not really rap .. =)
Last edited by COM(B)AT; Oct 5, 2007 at 02:51 AM.