Ranking
Original Post
Game mode suggestion: hit points.
I was thinking of a fuzzy HP system where the score system would be replaced by "pain points" or "hit points". Let's see an example:

Player A kicks player B in the left knee for 5000 points of damage. Player B's left leg goes limp. Then player B hits player A in the head for 10000 points, player A goes completely limp. Player B's arm gets severed, and he continues to lose blood for 100 points per frame. Finally player A tears player B's head off and player B dies instantly.

And a more precise explanation. 5000 points of damage would make the last hit part of player's body go limp. This of course could be canceled with C. Harder hits could radiate to nearby body parts, for example 10000 points hit to left torso would make the whole left side of body limp. Head hits would affect the whole body. When accumulated damage would reach say 50000 the player would die and other would win instantly. Perhaps each joint in the body has its own preset amount of hit points, and exceeding that would result in dismemberment.

There would also be blood loss, 100 points per frame multiplied by the amount of severed limbs (both legs severed would make 200 points/frame and so on), which would also add to the accumulated damage. Decapitation would be always instant death. This would of course lead to huge exploits, but the dismemberment would be tweaked to be a bit harder. The game would end on death of a fighter, end of round time or disqualification of a fighter, whatever the server settings say. This could be added as an optional game mode, thus it wouldn't alter original gameplay on servers that have not the HP option enabled.

Just a suggestion. I'm not demanding this to be featured in the next version. It's just something that came into my mind. Maybe it's not a good idea at all. Discuss.
Re: Game mode suggestion: hit points.
I think you should throw this one to the "what would you like to see in toribash" thread, not in support, y'know? ;)
What what? In the butt.
Re: Game mode suggestion: hit points.
Thats a nice idea, but remember at the moment Toribash is all about physics. To add hitpoints and so on may damage the pure-physics thats Toribash is all about. Momentum and all that is what gives you the best damage.
I agree with how you think if your head comes off you should die instantly or something, 'tis kind of funny how you can still kick and punch (and bite? :P) while your head is spinning around up in the sky somewhere.
The blood idea also sounds cool, more realistic, but then again may ruin what Toribash is all about.

I think what you're suggesting would be much better as a mod. When Toribash has a better modding framework, it shouldn't be all that hard to create something like this. Call it the "Real-life TB mod" or something similar. Then again, If I ripped your arm off, do you think you could still stand up and try kill me?
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.