Ranking
Original Post
Keyboard problems.
Hello. Just today my brother booted up his PC, but noticed something abnormal. His corsair k20a gaking keyboard keys werent lit up, and the scroll lock, numlock and capslock LEDs were all blinking, rapidly. When he went on to tru to log himself in, he noticed that the p, o, i, u and y keys werent responding.

So the summary
Corsair k20a gaming keyboard
All lock LEDs blinking
Few keys not responding.

I tried:
Changing it from one port to another
Leaving it be for a while
Completely cutting the computer off from power
The highly intelectual thing of pushing all the keys.

I did not find anything like this on the internet, and tried out basically everything that was remotely close to my actual problem, so I resorted to this place.

Also,im not much of a tech guy, so if you have a suggestion, it would be very kind of you to try to put it in layman's terms.
h
try reinstalling the drivers for the keyboard. if that doesn't help, you should probably contact corsair's support or talk with someone from the place you got it at.
M I N I V A N
Failure of those particular keys is very strange needed. It's practically impossible for all those switches to fail, and it's unlikely they are on the same matrix. I doubt it's software failure. Maybe something got stuck under them, so you could try pulling the keys off or shaking the keyboard to see if something is stuck.

The keys blinking rapidly I'm not sure about, is there anything that would usually cause them to blink? Like a lighting mode or setting, or when you click a certain key?

Try plug it in to a different computer just to be sure, but I don't think it will make a difference.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Failure of those particular keys is very strange needed. It's practically impossible for all those switches to fail, and it's unlikely they are on the same matrix. I doubt it's software failure. Maybe something got stuck under them, so you could try pulling the keys off or shaking the keyboard to see if something is stuck.

The keys blinking rapidly I'm not sure about, is there anything that would usually cause them to blink? Like a lighting mode or setting, or when you click a certain key?

Try plug it in to a different computer just to be sure, but I don't think it will make a difference.

The blinking came with the key failure. Never have I seen it before.

This corsair should also have a light for all the keys, but that seems to have gone too

As you said, made no difference when trying with a second computer.

I checked the keys, but found nothing that would stop em from registering physically.
h
You should ask corsair support then, maybe the blinking is an error warning or something.

As I said before, having those particular keys fail is quite strange.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff