people playing: 62, servers online: 21, games played: 142,608,131 Top Player: HiPower

  Toribash Community » General » Rapid Threads
Register FAQ General Rules Community
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
Lionet
Forumite
 
2nd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,450
Clan: Vector



Clan Members Activity Chart
why only leaders have access to it?

I really don't see a reason for this not being public (by public I mean members only though obviously) and asking the leaders to show me all the time (being as anxious and curious as I am) has been a pain in the ass, both for my leaders and me.
kuroKaen ♥
Proud Nike's Official Stalker
Lionet is offline  
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
ynvaser
ub3r
 
7th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,510
Clan: Relax All



Because you should keep your nose out of other people's business. It's a tool only available to leaders for a reason.
ynvaser is offline  
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
Lionet
Forumite
 
2nd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,450
Clan: Vector



Originally Posted by ynvaser View Post
Because you should keep your nose out of other people's business. It's a tool only available to leaders for a reason.

and I want to know that reason

I don't know why you would say this though, I just want to see my personal status to be honest. And I am talking about members knowing their own clan activity, what's wrong about it?
kuroKaen ♥
Proud Nike's Official Stalker
Lionet is offline  
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4
*SkulFuk
 
This is a Belt
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 11,460
Clan: Parrot



Per-person it only shows how many games they've played, you can already see how many games you've done in the shop.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
SkulFuk is offline  
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5
Lionet
Forumite
 
2nd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,450
Clan: Vector



Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Per-person it only shows how many games they've played, you can already see how many games you've done in the shop.

in this month? Doesn't activity checks work by monthly play count?

edit: I found this "in game earnings" thing, is that it?
edit2: still wanted a formal explanation of why its access is restricted to leaders though :^S
kuroKaen ♥
Proud Nike's Official Stalker

Last edited by Lionet; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:04 PM..
Lionet is offline  
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6
Hacks
 
I like little girls Belt
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,237
Clan: Lolicon



i mean.... you can just check they're ingame earnings and it'll tell you when they've played and how many games they did at the time. You can do that for every member as it is now, does that help?
Hacks is offline  
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #7
Lionet
Forumite
 
2nd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,450
Clan: Vector



Originally Posted by Hacks View Post
i mean.... you can just check they're ingame earnings and it'll tell you when they've played and how many games they did at the time. You can do that for every member as it is now, does that help?

a lot, thank you very much
kuroKaen ♥
Proud Nike's Official Stalker
Lionet is offline  
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #8
*SkulFuk
 
This is a Belt
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 11,460
Clan: Parrot



Originally Posted by Lionet View Post
in this month? Doesn't activity checks work by monthly play count?

tl;dr

It's a combo of a few things:
  • Ingame activity (max of 45 points if 50% of the clan are active) - players need to do 5 games a month to be classed as ingame active. Having 25 members ingame active also gets the max of 45 points.
    NOTE - SINGLE PLAYER DOES NOT COUNT
  • Clan wars (max of 15 points if 7 wars are completed) - self explanatory, doesn't matter if you win or lose.
  • Clan XP (max of 10 points for 1000 XP) - 1 XP = 0.01 point ; 100 XP = 1 point etc.
  • Clan board posts (max of 30 points) - 50 posts = 25 points ; 200 posts = 30 points.

There's also this recent addition to the checks:
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Total number of active players now can affect your point gain for ingame activity.
  • Clans with 5 active players or less will get activePlayersCount * 5 points for activity, no matter the total members count.
    This means that any clan with at least 5 active players is guaranteed to receive 25 points for activity.
  • Clans with more than 5 active players will receive points accordingly to already existing system (percentage of active players) if that number exceeds 25 points.

More info & discussion about clan checks in this thread

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
SkulFuk is offline  
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #9
Lionet
Forumite
 
2nd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,450
Clan: Vector



not really what I meant there, I know how overall clan activity works. I was more focused on being able to check each member games in the current month and also my clan status (whether we are in green or not) but looks like it's possible through In-Game Earnings session.

I would close this thread, my personal affliction is already healed, but the main question of this thread remains unanswered, or at least was not answered properly.

I still don't see a clear or formal reason for only leaders being able to see in-game activity from members so easily while other members are forced to pass through all this procedure merely to see how many games were played in this month.
I'm aware this isn't a major problem, but I don't see why a regular member such as myself can't see my own clan score in this month activity check. I mean... We are already able to start wars by ourselves, why can't we be aware of our clan status?

Just to be clear, I don't want to start a fuss and I will make this a suggestion in S&I once I'm aware of what kind of justification exists for this feature be working like this, so please just take off my doubt (it's literally the first question I wrote in OP) and I will close this thread shortly thereafter.

edit: Thank you in advance for the information and attention SkulFuk, I'm not trying to discredit your help.
-----

Taking a look in this thread, when duck and sir speak about being able to see your own clan data:



Originally Posted by sir View Post
Originally Posted by Surge View Post
What sort of data will be accessible? Will it show points per member or for the entire clan? Who can see this data? And how often will it be updated?

List of all clan members with number of games played within a selected time period, summarized ingame activity stats, number of posts in your clan board, number of wars played and XP earned. Updated live, accessible in clan edit page.

doesn't really sounds like "leaders will be able to see their own clan status" or anything alike, but rather that the clan will be able to see it. And I still see no harm in the tool working this way
kuroKaen ♥
Proud Nike's Official Stalker

Last edited by Lionet; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:33 PM.. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Lionet is offline  
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #10
+Colors
obama smale dikk
 
Custom Belt
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,278



Might just be a misstake on duck's end writing that response.

I dont see why it is necessary for members of a clan to see the activity page anyways.
If you want to know so badly if member 1 played 69 games this month or if member 2 played 38, just check their earnings.

You dont really need to know all the other things, unless the leaders of your clan think you should know for some reason.


Maby they made it so to make the leader rank actually feel special compared to the other ranks, or maby because normal members dont need to know, or maby there is a completely different reason.

Who am i to tell you how things are anyways.
TERTYWERTY BEST FURRY SMOD 2019


Last edited by Colors; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:44 AM..
Colors is offline  
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:28 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ragdoll fighting game physics fighting game ragdoll fighting physics funmotion joints martial arts karate pc mac free game turn based game