ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Fallout: New Vegas
As an avid fallout series, lover, I cannot tell you how psyched I am about this game, and it seems appropriate to make a thread about it now that the trailer is out.

Fallout: New Vegas
is an upcoming role-playing video game developed by Obsidian Entertainment and published by Bethesda Softworks. While New Vegas is not a direct sequel, it will use the same engine and be in the same style as Fallout 3, and is being developed by some of the people who worked on previous Fallout games at Black Isle Studios. It will be set in and around post-apocalyptic Las Vegas. It has a projected release date of Fall 2010 and will be available on the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3

The trailer, similar to the fallout 3 trailer (beginning), zooms out from the screen of a robot (with a cowboy face on the screen) doing something with sand/ rocks, and then zooms out.. showing a pristine view of new vegas (as in, intact), and then further zooming out to show what appears to be an NCR ranger with a cape looking out at the city, with a NCR flag waving next to him/her. The "ranger turns his/her head to the left, whilst his/her eyes glow red (red goggles of some sort).

All happening to the lovely ballad of blue moon by frank Sinatra.
Last edited by Pirate_old; Feb 7, 2010 at 07:54 PM.
OMG,OMG,OMG!!!
I love it!!!
but for sure i like very much the common Fall Out 3.
but this is exepsional.
lol wut
Can't wait for this game.

I hear they might bring Damage Threshold back.
hi
Originally Posted by Tinerr View Post
Already heard about this, I´m hella anxious with this. >.<"

^ that.

It looks fun, gonna get it whenever I can.
A true scot.
Fck, I just bought Fallout 3 GOTY.

I hope they keep it nice and simple, and not change it back to hardcore so that we're going to need a 50-page manual to understand the game.
This sentence is a lie. This sentence is not true. This sentence is divisible by zero. This sentence is eatable.
Originally Posted by Giantz View Post
Can't wait for this game.

I hear they might bring Damage Threshold back.

That is mentioned in the wikia, and is definitely necessary. I really don't think a teddy bear launched from a rock-it launcher should damage an enclave soldier.

Not to mention, they make bring back gambling. (Which, I believe will not be a skill. Relying on luck, I guess, for your streaks.

I am REALLY excited about NCR. Like REALLY excited.
Update: A six page information about FO: new vegas was released. Featured in PC gamer, OXM mag, and something else I can't remember.

I suppose it's sort of a spoiler, so I made i white.

"Just finished reading the full preview!

You're a courier, wounded and left for dead in a shallow grave. A friendly robot, Victor, digs you out, and his doctor owner Mitchell patches you up. You take a "vigour test", which is some sort of electric parlour game. This decides who you are and sets up SPECIAL. You can also take some Rorschach tests, but the mag says this is for fun. The Doc then gives you a Pipboy as he was once a Vault dweller.

"Hoover Dam", and "Helios" (a solar plant, confirmed by the mag to have been built by Poseidon) are fought into and then you can direct the power to wherever you choose. In the case of Helios you can also keep the plant for your self use the energy to call down a powerful laser, or even try to distribute to all equally, however there is a risk of overloading the reactors.

There is a "reputation system", in which all three factions (NCR, Ceasar's Legion and the locals) will either see you as good or bad toward them individually.

There is a screenshot of three Capital Wasteland mutants running toward the player, who is wielding what *looks* to be a heavy incinerator, but has a TV screen and no flamer fuel tanks. He's also wearing NCR combat armour, which is in gold/mustard colours.

There are two separate screens of supermutants that look to be more local, grey skin, and the two are wearing very different clothes. One is Tabitha, who is hearing a blonde wig and love heart glasses. The mag implies she's "not all there".

One that quest, you rescue Raul, a ghoul who Tabitha kept alive to fix her favourite robot. He appears to be a follower, as the mag says you can give him items, and also commands, such as "stay, follow or attack", and also tell him to switch to melee, in which case he'll mutter "sure, I'll put away my rather effective gun, and switch to this piece of um, metal tubing here".

From what I read, the "all dialog" thing seems to imply there will be failures for skill checks as well as speech checks, though, as the mag states, there is no penalty for failing a skill check. In fact, the mag gives an example: A woman who the player tried a Sneak skill attempt on in conversation failed when convincing her an ambush would help the town be rid of a gang of raiders. She simply says ""Good luck with your, uh, ambush" "
This game looks awesome. Can't wait to buy it

Also: It would be cool if they called "Fallout: Lost Vegas :3
"Can't see California with Marlon Brando's eyes"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"She isn't real.... Can't make her real"
I love fallout so I'm definatley going to love this <3!
I'm back and stuff, it's probably temporary.