ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[Web-comic] Romantically Apocalyptic
So I found out about this web-comic named romantically apocalyptic around a month ago, I've been reading through it ever since. It's a constantly updated story set in a post-apocalyptic world. It's generally about the misadventures of some survivors, with very particular pasts, and futures.

The thing that got me into it was the art style, the attention to detail, and the amazing story that gets slowly unraveled after like 60th issue.

Bare in mind that it doesn't take itself seriously, and is meant for a great deal of laughs, and goes far from the depressing mood of typical post-apocalyptic worlds.

General Info, or just check the spoiler below for a quick look on the characters.

The merry cast

Some screenshots I took, don't worry, no plot has been spoiled in any of these.

The comic itself (images) are not the full story. Under most issues' images are detailed paragraphs of what is happening in that issue.

To check it out, click on this link and go to archives to start from the beginning.
Last edited by EJM; Jun 21, 2015 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Fixed broken link
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

I made it to like 174, you will have no idea how many small details you're missing until they get unraveled one by one later on. The thought put into the story is outstanding.
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

ermagherd

Sci-fi has been my favorite genre in any written literature, and it seems like I've seen my next new favorite thing. Thanks EJM, now let me sink into my dark room and begin reading.
Heart of Gold

spoilers

Finished it. My mind is fully blown from plot twists, excellent content and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the different voices thatI had to remember so I could make atleast some sense of the story.
we need more.
Last edited by duck; Jun 21, 2015 at 10:18 PM.
h
from the screenshots, it looks similar to the web comic 'gone with the blastwave', although it only has about 70 strips or something, so if you want a quirky lighthearted smaller post apoc story, i'd recommend that thing.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
from the screenshots, it looks similar to the web comic 'gone with the blastwave', although it only has about 70 strips or something, so if you want a quirky lighthearted smaller post apoc story, i'd recommend that thing.

This.
This is exactly what i noticed first as well, with a bit different drawing style and more detail. By taking look at first few frames, i see red/green/blue guys, and similar joke as in GWTB.

This still seems nice though, got to take a closer look at this when i have time.
It's All About Expansion