Ranking
Original Post
Website bug on Chrome
Just reporting this odd bug. When I use chrome and switch to some longer loading page (like my inventory) and try to scroll while loading, the scroll bar seems to break and not respond anymore when using scroll wheel. This bug appears to be present even after reloading the page or switching between any other Toribash pages and the only way to use scroll bar is dragging it with left mouse button. The only way I find to fix it is open Toribash page in a new tab.

It's not really a major bug, but when it happens it's quite irritating and it seems quite and odd bug to appear.
So when that happens the scroll bar disappears? Or it just freezes

Below there's an old solution for this problem, I don't know if you already check this out, but I can't tell if it works since I've never got this problem before. I did a bit of research and found this. Some Google developers call that this bug happens if you got "Norton Identity Protection extension enabled". They suggest to disable it

Old solution provided by google

If this doesn't work there might be a walware in your system or I can go more in depth on this issue to help you out.
Last edited by Theory; Apr 6, 2017 at 12:43 AM.

Professional Graphic Designer
Former [Crooks]
Leader | [TA] Member | Ex-[Latin] member
[Mexican] Player |Fan Club
No, sorry I think you misunderstood me.

When I claim that there is a bug with a website I mean it, it's an actual bug with the Toribash website individually. I can easily recreate it by going into any Toribash page and rapidly using scroll wheel while it loads, which does not crash it in other websites outside of Toribash domain.

The scroll bar does not disappear nor does it freeze. I can still use it by dragging it with a pointer, the scroll wheel however stops working. Even if i switch to other tab while this bug is apparent on Toribash tab, it works just fine. It's the problem with a website I'm quite sure. I could record it in action if it's really needed, but it should be easily repeatable with any other machine I reckon.
Last edited by Smaguris; Apr 6, 2017 at 03:33 AM. Reason: typo
Oh well, you might need to contact the developers then.

Professional Graphic Designer
Former [Crooks]
Leader | [TA] Member | Ex-[Latin] member
[Mexican] Player |Fan Club
It doesn't seem to be an issue with toribash but with chrome instead. It started happening to me too recently, everything is just like you said but it doesn't affect only toribash. Please next time it happens try opening any other website in the same tab and check if the bug is still active so we can take further actions
I've already did that actually and no, as soon as i switch to other website the bug is gone even if its in the same tab.

I haven't noticed it on any other websites so far, but maybe its just because I mainly only use Toribash, Facebook and YouTube
Last edited by Smaguris; Apr 6, 2017 at 04:04 AM.
I tested it out with another toribash tab open too and it seemed like the bug only happened on the current tab, when I switched to facebook on a different tab it was all good and when I switched to another toribash tab it was all good. I think it might be a bug with chrome's tabs rather than the forums itself, but I could be wrong
<Icky> Butler is the worst es
<Reta> can I fire him yet ?
Yeah that's what I'm experiencing, but i find it odd that I can only recreate this bug on Toribash website.
It definitely is something with Chrome, but something makes other websites immune to this bug, so I assume it can be fixed on the developers' side.