ES Recruitment Drive
I would like to see someone like solax or FISH as admin again. We need improvements, not getting stuff away from us.

Professional Graphic Designer
Former [Crooks]
Leader | [TA] Member | Ex-[Latin] member
[Mexican] Player |Fan Club
Originally Posted by Kozmonaut View Post
Creati0n getting admin was one of the best choices staff has made in a long time

Originally Posted by spcr View Post
I would like to see someone like solax or FISH as admin again. We need improvements, not getting stuff away from us.

Completely agree with both.

What do you exactly mean by "...not getting stuff away from us."?

(im)

You would like to see people that have done a lot for the community back as Admins? This is good thinking yes, but people have jobs and lives and they can't always maintain the positions that they once had. Even so, giving back Admins to these people is always not the right course of action. This is primarily because of the people that take their place are very well fit for the position, whether you want to believe that or not.

Wanting Improvements and Innovation is not going to come from wiping clear the current Admins because they do something that the outer shell of the community does not necessarily agree with. They aren't the top of the food chain and of course, they have superiors. Instead of saying that the admins are unfit and we need decisive leadership to bring forth a new age of Toribash, propose what admins could be doing differently at all in order to do their jobs better.

New Admins will bring more issues than you'd think, and it's actually quite a clusterfuck when one of them are absent.

Rai, Reta, Icky, and Creati0n do their jobs and beyond. They provide more than enough for the community and judging their performance based on arbitrary staff complaints and WOW THEY DELETED WIBBLES AND PUT IT BEHIND A PAYWALL SUDHJASGDASHvdfg is not the direct approach towards the state of the game. If they are not fit for their position or they cannot do what the job requires in a timely fashion it will be taken and they will be replaced. A prime example of this was Stellar/Ryan.

Do we need different admins? No.
|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands
Toribash admins, at least for a longer while, are not much more than just the leaders of certain staff groups. They don't really have that much to say outside of their teams. There is always someone else that is the driving force behind certain policies and decisions. Long time ago it could be said about the alpha team as a whole, more or less, then about Fish, more recently, to certain degree, about Gynx, currently it seems to be Sir. Obviously, there are others who have a say in pretty much anything, such as Skul or Suo, but how much they do and say at the given time is only up to them. There was a podcast somewhere where Skull talked about several power struggles in higher staff, f.ex. Sir's attempt to take over the GMs few years back, but I cbf to find it atm.

Anyhow, as for the admins today, I guess they do an okay job in their respective fields/teams, but if you want to see some major changes happening, or people responsible for some decisions you don't like, you need to look above admins.
retired
Are admins able to gain such a responsibility if they desired? If they put their selves out there, would they be able to do such things? If they don't want to, I get that, but regardless, lower admins or higher admins, change and innovation are important imo. It's not good or bad and they shouldn't do or don't, don't get me wrong. I'm not judging.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I would like to see someone like FISH as admin again.

No, you really don't. That's all I will say.

Originally Posted by MrSofty123 View Post
But what my point is, why are we having like 4 admins in a game at a time who are literally just doing nothing but handling each others complaints.
This is not progress. Game was already dead, now wibbles are gone which killed few active members and now, these new admins getting complaints over and over again.

Admins always get complaints, the whole concept of people being upset at high staff is not new. Also, most staff complaints turn out to be weak arguments and misunderstandings at the fault of the user affected, not staff.

Discord: bicycleforrats
<[Obey]Quest> yall needa tap into my telegram on gad
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Cardholder
Originally Posted by Moonshake View Post
No, you really don't. That's all I will say.

Admins always get complaints, the whole concept of people being upset at high staff is not new. Also, most staff complaints turn out to be weak arguments and misunderstandings at the fault of the user affected, not staff.

Hey don't remove solax from there. The only reason I added FISH is cause he brought a lot of new things into the community.

Also please don't think I'm against the current admins, they are good in different ways, I just miss old admins like them.

Professional Graphic Designer
Former [Crooks]
Leader | [TA] Member | Ex-[Latin] member
[Mexican] Player |Fan Club
Administrators are the public leaders of the community. Sometimes you may not appreciate some of the changes we make to the community, sometimes you may not appreciate our level of professionalism that we carry about ourselves when dealing with/discussing certain situations/topics, and sometimes we (unfortunately) make mistakes.

That said, I'd argue that the current administration (and staff team as a whole, for that matter) is one of the least controversial ones that we've had in a long time. Every administrator we have understands why they're in the position, what they're to do in the position, and what they're not to do while in the position. While the majority of us have duties that we tend to specifically (e.g. Rai managing clan-works and Clan staff, myself managing the market and Market Squad, Icky and Reta managing events and the Event Squad), we all pitch in our opinions for general implementations. Take for example our new Wibbles 3.0; I can't think of a single administrator who didn't pitch in an opinion behind-the-scenes. sir may have announced it and set up the majority of it, sure, but there's a team of administration and staff behind him who pitched in on the idea of setting it up.

As an examples of section management and work that's been released, you can find the majority of the Scam Report announcements made recently, you can find the sticky updates made to the Market section back whenever I was Smod, and you can find the Market Squad's Marketeer of the Hill event we made a month ago (granted, it wasn't the most amazing event, but it have us a solid understanding of what to craft our events like in the future). This is the work of my team, and this is only the stuff you can see - there's plenty of things that we all do behind the curtains that you dudes don't know about yet.

And that's just the work of the Market Squad - every team has their fair share of work going on as well, and every administrator is playing their part in the work.

Yes, undoubtedly, there will be reports filed against us - there will almost always be a person who disagrees with the ruling of a staff member, and administrators aren't an exception to that. Some of those reports are well-founded and some of them aren't, but for every single one that is, we take something from it. We're volunteers - we aren't paid to do this; we do it solely out of our love for the community and the game. We undoubtedly may not be the best administrators this community could have, but we push through the ridicule and do the work we do because we enjoy doing it. We enjoy doing it because you of the guys here in the community.

Have suggestions for the community that you want us to take a look at? Drop it here; I happen to frequent the section for solid implementations regularly. If you have something that you'd rather discuss with me in private, or you believe there's something that my team (or myself, for that matter) could be doing better? Send me a PM, or if I have a bit of free-time and you want some quick responses you can always query me on IRC.

We, the administration, are here for you - the Toribash community. Don't be afraid to approach us with questions, suggestions and criticism, but please, remember we're people too.
The "old" admins are now in their late twenties to thirties, our current admins are quite a bit younger (if I can recall correctly).

I can hardly remember the admins from two to three years ago, simply because I didn't care about staff, it was just there; I was playing the game. That being said, I find it hard to say the current admins aren't as good as the previous admins were. They still are making good changes and keeping this forum and community rockin'.

When I became staff, I completely loved it. Thing were going good until I had to resign due to time restraints.

Which brings me to my issue: Childish staff members (not calling anyone specific out, just saying). I am referring to those who show no sense of professionalism at all. When I was staff, I was courteous, kind and respectful to the fellow people of this community (except a select few, sorry). I genuinely liked helping people get their items and TC back (Market Squad) and helping to answer questions that members might have (Help Squad). I tried my best to show professionalism to all who saw me type on this forum. I'd still be staff to this day if I could, however, I don't think I'm a popular pick.