ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Second Failed Activity Check & Pending Removal.
Hi there UrbanUnit, unfortunately you've failed your second activity check. This means that we're looking into making this clan officially dead - this is a courtesy message that we're giving you in case you'd like to discuss re-applying or starting afresh.

We will review your case once again to make sure we're totally justified in removing the clan before we do it, so there may be a change of heart.

For now, good luck in the next steps you decide to take.
collect snots from the nose
Seemed pretty active to me..
[sigpic][/sigpic]
From a looong time ago:
[21:56]<Blam>ManBreakfast: Frunk wants to know why you banned him from IRC
[21:56]<ManBreakfast>oh, fuck
[21:56]=-=Mode #toribash -b Frunk!*Frankie'sip by ManBreakfast
There have been posts daily. Not quite sure what the fuck you want from us, but thats new ruling what you want to enforce then I hope it makes the game so much better and refreshing.

Also how does T get to stay while we get removed?

edit: i even counted the posts today, we had 6, 6 posts. Define active...............................
Last edited by leilak; Apr 19, 2015 at 02:56 AM.
I dislike this decision
I've even sussed out some other "active" clans over the last week and they've seemed even more dead, yet haven't been deemed inactive at all.
20/6/2008 [Triforce] → 1/12/2008 [UrbanUnit] → 26/4/2015 [Addicted]
Mówiem po polsku źle; fully qualified med student
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
JollyR?

http://i.imgur.com/wHxLFQR.png

or even vector or inq?

Hey dont come after us :<

In other note, deleting clans that have been around for years is so stupid, and pretty much solves absolutely nothing. It'd be really shameful to have Urban deleted just because they don't spam their board. Imo, if a clan is able to post this much whenever you threaten deleting, it shows they're semi-active in at least viewing their board even if they dont post. Not to mention, just because they dont post doesn't mean they don't play in game...

also: http://forum.toribash.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120 you're inactive too (unless you spam priv board) but where are the deletion warnings??
Last edited by DropKick; Apr 19, 2015 at 06:09 AM.
A dueler is only a good as his finest lift.

I love many people on this forum such as ...
Uric|Internet|Stellar|Wesley|Boonana|AJ|FireBolty|iRookie|Brucia|Kristis133|Liquidoom|Lightningkid
[type=noob]monk[noob]
I respect...
You all seem to think that forum activity is the only activity we monitor. We monitor all activity, which is then weighed against your member count. The expectations are minimal, so to fail you really have to fail. Those of you who are saying we're deleting a clan for "not spamming their board" are simply wrong. This is because post count isn't something we consider directly when looking at forum activity - having 3 members spam 100 posts over a check period means you have 3 members active, which for a 50 man clan isn't enough. That said, you guys were given ample warning and opportunity to change things and didn't, as the OP stated your case will be reviewed again but there's no promises that anything will change.

Also, the notion that some clans should have some sort of priority over others because they've been around for a while has been discussed and (fairly) dismissed.

EDIT: Oh, and just because you circulate the news about your clan's removal to your members across other social channels & they all post here doesn't mean all of those members are active, I think we all know that is a pretty weak argument.
collect snots from the nose
Only 3 people form alpha ever play and even then they are hardly on.

No one in spirit plays yet they are alive.

no one in mad plays yet they are alive.

If you going to kill clans for no reason target all of them not just some of them.
JollyR?

or even vector or inq?

uhm we are starting being active this days.
but they should let u alive
Aadame:I'm very signaturable
It's just no one usues my shit .
Originally Posted by DropKick View Post
Hey dont come after us :<

In other note, deleting clans that have been around for years is so stupid, and pretty much solves absolutely nothing. It'd be really shameful to have Urban deleted just because they don't spam their board. Imo, if a clan is able to post this much whenever you threaten deleting, it shows they're semi-active in at least viewing their board even if they dont post. Not to mention, just because they dont post doesn't mean they don't play in game...

also: http://forum.toribash.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120 you're inactive too (unless you spam priv board) but where are the deletion warnings??

realize that when clans become official, there isn't a system that grants them a permanent board and status that will never go away. this is toribash, not a facebook group, and i can relate that this isn't the most pleasing news to hear, but when you fail a check, are thoroughly warned, and then fail another check, it confuses me as to why this happening is becoming such a major deal. please realize that these checks are in no way biased, the entire clan team checks every single clan on the forums and we check because it is important for a healthy clan system. i understand that getting rid of an old clan that is still considered one of the elites must seem very pointless and/or unfair, but it's only fair to the other clans that are also being killed who show the same fluctuating activity levels. during the past year or two, the clans have been an utter disaster and we are only trying to make it better as it once was years ago. if it comes to getting rid of inactive clans, then so be it.
JollyR?

or even vector or inq?

as i was saying above, none of our checks are in any way biased. during our checks, we check forum activity, in-game activity, and irc activity. it should be pretty apparent that urban is lacking in all 3, maybe the least on the forums, but the in-game and irc activity levels of urban and practically non-existent. it may seem unfair that you guys display more forum activity than the 3 clans you linked and they aren't being rid of, but they displayed activity in other areas outside of their board. again, this isn't some sort of contest where we pick some of the major clans and say "hey, this clan looks inactive, let's monitor their activity for months at a time and delete their clan when they become slightly inactive". there are several other clans who have failed the activity check just like urban and are currently being discussed, just like urban.
Originally Posted by leilak View Post
There have been posts daily. Not quite sure what the fuck you want from us, but thats new ruling what you want to enforce then I hope it makes the game so much better and refreshing.

Also how does T get to stay while we get removed?

edit: i even counted the posts today, we had 6, 6 posts. Define active...............................

like gynx said, we don't quantify the amount of posts you have in your board, we quantify how many members have posted, or have displayed levels of activity. if the activity is simply you, and 1 or 2 other clan members posting 5 or 6 times a day, the clan will fail the check, and your clan isn't the only one. it's only fair to do it that way because if a clan has 30 members and 2 of them are active, how can that clan be deemed active in any fashion? it should be apparent that a clan with 10 members posting every week or so, or have been in-game or on irc recently would be deemed active while a clan with 2 active members would fail; i guess i'm misunderstanding where this isn't apparent, though it's been explained several times. none of you had any problems with the ways we did our checks until it started affecting your clan, and it's the same for every clan in your position. we have so much information regarding our checks that has been made publicly visible that i don't understand where the shock is coming from when we roll out these checks; it's like you guys think we are directly targeting clans or being biased in our checks.
Originally Posted by Space View Post
Only 3 people form alpha ever play and even then they are hardly on.

No one in spirit plays yet they are alive.

no one in mad plays yet they are alive.

If you going to kill clans for no reason target all of them not just some of them.

if you are going to waste your time typing about something you know nothing about, it might be wise to research a little bit more into something we have almost completely given all of the information for besides the basic mathematics of. our checks were meant to be generally secretive, but i'm sure most of the information has been delved into by now about how they work, and it's not some elaborate plan to kill these old clans, it's a plan to fix the current clan system, and hopefully help old clans as well as new. our plan was not to target any clan, but to target the system and try to maintain it rather than letting it fall apart like it has been for the past few years.

anyway, i don't mean to intrude, and i hope you guys don't feel like i'm invading or something, but it seems as if there has been a lot of confusion and frustration lately about the new system we have in place and if i can help clear any of it up that isn't already apparent i'm going to try my best. if you guys feel that the way we do things are unfair or have any problems with the way we do things, then feel free to let us know. our checks are based around the community, not on killing clans.
Last edited by Faint; Apr 19, 2015 at 02:50 PM.